Clinique El MenzahBotched Surgery

i had breast surgery in march this yr and the results were awful and so not expected, after a lot of emails and me being on the phone with them all very distressed they agreed to redo the surgery as i wanted in the 1st place.

i was left to go hungry and dehydrate while in the clinic itself, i had no bathroom and was basically isolated in a room with broken lights and fleas-yes i had lots of bites and they were def not the resident midgies(sp).also during the operation, my underwear was removed and ive not seen it since.so who knows what they did while i was asleep.

i have photos of my wounds and the room i had and medications ive had, also professional opinions of others as to what has happened.

on return to the uk, my wound burst open due to infection and ive been on the highest antibiotics avail as well as pain meds and sleeping aids, ive been completely house/bed bound, can only go out in a taxi-not walk or bus, i cant go shopping or do anything that involves lifting heavier than a coffee cup.the infection spread to my system, resulting in vommitting, flu like symptoms, high temp, lots of pus and blood resulting in me being admitted to hospital via ambulance and now under the care of my nurse and a specialist breast surgeon, who i hope will do thier very best to help me recover.

ive been so stressed and depressed, i cant sleep, always weepy and feel like ive been mutilated while they have pleasure.

they dont reply to emails and if you call them they just fob you off to get you off the phone, im still waiting on replies from wks ago.

at the moment to date, im out of pocket very close to the £4000 mark and costs are still rising, as if i need to go any where i have to use a taxi.

then to top it all off, i find out from another clinic now, hes not a specialist in breast surgery and not even an employee of the el menzah.
he keeps ringing and threatening me, demanding i go back to him, and cussing of the treatment im getting in the uk to help get me well again.

i want my full refund and comp for distress and inconvenience

May The truth be known Feb 18, 2010

My heart goes out to you. Most of us weren't aware of greedy, evil or super bad doctors that aren't qualify to do plastic surgeries. There are just way too many doctors want to do plastic surgeries that aren't even specialized in the type of plastic surgeries they are doing/offering. I read that plastic surgeons received 7 more years of training than normal doctors. I know there are many botched surgery stories out there and I hope those people come forward and post it on the internet.

• Zo
    zodiac Mar 28, 2010

many thanks catlan.
    please feel free to read and sign petition and pass to as many others as possible

sabrina monaghan May 18, 2010

Hi I had to comment on the complaint against El Menzah clinique, l first went to the clinique in July2008 for a face lift with blepharoplasty, the surgeon Dr Djemel explained the procedure with me, whilst being very proffesional he was also very reasuring, the results he acheived are excellent, natural and have taken ten years off me.This year l returned to have a tummy tuck and liposuction again l found the surgeon Dr Khaefaoui to have the same approach as Dr Djemel so straight away l felt confident.The results are fantastic, my tummy has not looked like since l was eighteen, all l can say is l am sorry that somebody had such a bad experience, but all l can say is that l would personally highly recommed the Clinique .

• Pe
    Petra 1 Aug 19, 2010

Hello all

I would like to comment on the first post. I went to El Menzah as a student nurse and spent two weeks there as a part of my training which is based here in UK. I strongly disagree with the accusations made by Mutilated, however would like to say how sorry I am that your operation did not turn to your expectations.

The staff in El Menzah is just wonderful...they are proffesional and kind to every single patient who come through the door. All of them speak French, most of them English, some Italian and Spanish. Before and after the operation they check on the patients to make sure everything is well.

All of the plastic surgeons are trained to a high standards and most of them have received their degrees abroad, I have met them and seen them during the operations and can not say one bad word about them as they are doing a great job!! We had many patients during these two weeks and each one of them left happy.

During the opearation no underwear is removed as you are coming to the theatre without it, this is done to prevent the infection as your whole body must be made sterile. You are not left hungry or dehydrated but after some operations you can not take anything orally.

If anyone is considering plastic surgery abroad El Menzah is a place to go and I highly recommend it.

Regards Petra

• 3w
    3wishes Jan 11, 2012

I would also disagree with the comments of the complaint .

I attended the clinic in April 2008 for breast enlargement, upon arrival, I was seen in turn by every member of staff that was to have anything to do with me, I had the procedure explained step by step by the surgeon, and the anaesthetist also did the same.

After having my operation (which I had said I wanted to 'go as big as I could and still look natural') I was monitored constantly and when 24 hours later I had a pain in my chest I was scanned and checked out and given the pain relief I needed.

Whilst there my dietary requirements were taken care of with 4 meals a day, which I had cooked for me specifically as upon my arrival at the clinic I had stated I did not eat fish (they had no knowledge of this before) and I had fresh water brought to me every couple of hours, I had a private room, with my own bathroom, and had all the support I needed.

After surgery I returned home and basically returned to exercises too early causing my implant to slip slightly, I contacted the clinic and, although I had to pay my own air fare back to Tunisia, they rectified the situation without any additional cost.

I now have 34F (from 34B) chest which, unless I tell people, no one knows I have had surgery, in fact I have been called a liar because they look so natural.

I would also highly recommend the clinic

Regards Michelle

• Zo
    zodiac Jan 11, 2012

very happy with the outcome as clinique el menzah have been successfully sued and 2 doctors struck off.

Chellyb May 08, 2016

Very bad customer service had a breast augmentation a few months ago been having several problems and trying to contact the Clinique for 3 months now with no respond