ClerysysDisgusting Experience

R

I had gone to Clerysys for transferring my H1B from my current employer. The CEO at the corporate office wanted to meet me before filing and I obliged. Everything went fine and they agreed to file it. Since all the talks were apparently convincing and reliable enough, I stopped my hunt for any more prospective employers and banked on them completely. They asked me for more n more documents and information which I kept providing. Just to add to the facts they insisted me to send the documents by Fedex because they wanted to process it ASAP. This entire affair went on for 3 months and still I was confident about them. I was always promised on each phone call or personal visit to the Chicago office that there is no reason to worry about. But alas!!! To my shock and surprise they backed off right on the day they were supposed to file the transfer in the USCIS. They couldn’t a provide a reason convincing enough for me to justify their actions.

The CEO of Clerysys confirmed several times both in person and through his employees whether I had informed my current employer about my separation. When Clerysys abruptly changed their decision I neither had an option of going back to my current employer (since I had already resigned) nor was I in touch with any other prospective employer. The end result was that I lost my H1b status. To add to the facts I must let you know that I worked for one of the top leading IT companies and was looking for a change due to personal reasons.

I just wanted to share my experience as it might help someone else to safeguard and take the right decision about their career. I am not giving my opinion to bias you. Leaving it with you to decide and go forward/ not with this company.

• It
    itmgmtprof Sep 11, 2009

I don't agree with you. My experience with company is good so far. I would say you are fool to resign before h1 is applied. In that case, you've lost your h1 status on the day you left your first company.

• Ad
    admin Mar 13, 2009

I truely Agree...I am also an employee of this company and having a hell lot of issues with this company since the day i joined...even if they file ur H1 they wont file it with the amount they offer u...they will file the H1 with the least possible pay to save on taxes even without your consent...Not deriding anyone from joining this company...Just a Simple suggestion...Its Better to stasy away from a company like this when u know its not good...Hopefully this might help others from falling into the trap of this company ...

CHR Dec 18, 2008

I would like to clarify on the complaint which was posted on 11/11/2008.
    As a HR coordinator I was handling this particular case. The person who has posted this complaint was working for a multinational Indian company and had completed her assignment with an Insurance client in Chicago. She was asked by her employer to move to another client location which was per the employment contract and within the H1B legal norms. She was not willing to relocate, so she approached Clerysys for transfer of her H1B, so that she could stay with her spouse. She was within driving distance from our company, since we are located in the suburbs of Chicago, so we asked her to come down to our office. It is not unusual for a company to have a face-to-face interview with any individual before hiring him/her.. So I do not understand her problem when she said that she "obliged" when she was asked to come to the office.
    After we agreed to file her H1B and informed our attorney about the same, she suddenly changed her mind and asked us not to file her case since she was trying to work it out with her employer. She also reiterated that she would "not" relocate out of Chicago under any circumstances which made us rethink about our decision. Because of this constant flip-flop from her end we finally decided not to proceed with her case. To add to this fact I would also like to bring to your notice that the candidate had decided to resign from her present company "come what may", as they were not accomodating her request of being positioned at Chicago.
    We would also like to educate all of you that H1B status can always be retrieved from any dependent status without having to go through the H1B lottery process. If anyone of you have a H1B status and you decide to move to either F2 or H4 status, you can always get back your H1B status as you are not subjected to H1B cap (provided that you have not completed the 6 years timeframe).
    A lot of leading IT companies, like the BIG 4, shortlist candidates with the assumption that they would land up with a project and keep the consultant hanging for months together without a decision, in anticipation of the kick-off of the project. It has to be understood that in an interview both the parties have the right to decline an offer or a candidature; and our reason for not being able to go ahead with the H1B transfer process is totally justified.