CleanwhitesFraud

J

A complete scam. They send the product then charge you 79. 95 before the end of the trial period which is hidden in the small print that the free trial is not a free trial at all. Then you are automatically enrolled in other scams according to the small obscure agreements, by then it is too late as they have your credit card number and your pretty much screwed. Thank god I used a Walmart debit card and they didn't approve the transaction as it was above my balance. Cancelled card and returned product but they still got me for another company for 6. 95. Msn website was where I found it and they should remove this scam. I will be reporting to state attorney generals office in Florida but this should also be a federal crime as they use the post office to further their fraudulent scam.

• En
    enekur Aug 12, 2011

I have attempted to cancel an order with 'Cleanwhites' on several occasions over the last week. Their auto-answer tape is virtually inaudible. They do not have an easily found e-mail url and their website only gives details for sales NOT complaints or cancelations.

• Me
    metal Aug 04, 2011

I too have been subject to scam by Clean Whites and Everbright Smiles through misleading advertising. So far Everbright have billed me £153.61 and Clean Whites £78.51. I believed the products to be a 'free' trial and thought i was receiving a trial size of the product. I did not realise I had suscribed too the Company and authorised monthly payments to be made. I have contacted my bank who have said they will dispute both transactions - however having now read the terms and conditions I do not expect my bank to recover either amounts. My bank have also advised me that in order to cancel each transaction i must contact the companies direct. I have managed to cancel my order with Clean Whites but am unable to find an existing contact for Everbright Smiles and have posted a seperate posting for that company. I was under the impression i would be charged £3.95 not £78.61 - the advertising for this product is very misleading and should be illegal. It is very difficult to get support in trying to resolve this situation as the Company are not UK based so are outwith UK Trading Standards. My bank are disputing both transactions but i dont hold much hope in recovering my money. However i feel i cannot let this go and be ripped off when i can ill afford it. Can't believe I was stupid enough to fall for such a scam. HUGE lesson learned.

• Hg
    hgjehsn Mar 07, 2011

I found the instructions here
    zahnweissinfo.com/wp-content/.../Cleanwhites-Instruction-Manual1.pdf

• Ha
    hankook Jun 01, 2010

yeah if anyone can maybe scan and send it or maybe just comment with the instuction that would be really nice!

• Li
    Lincobb May 24, 2010

Can anyone let me know instructions for using the Cleanwhites professional strength whitening system? No response at all from company and boxes arrived some time ago with no leaflet!

• Na
    namrac Apr 15, 2010

i think it is disgusting that you order a teeth whitening product and they then sell your card details to other companies which you didnt want them to do, i would like to tell everyone to keep away from teeth whitening products .

• Ro
    RosieRay Mar 16, 2010

Ordered 30day trial for under a fiver (cant remember) and they have taken £60 from my account. Reported them to bank and they have reported them to fraud dept. Thieves, they should be charged with illegal trading.

not smileeing Mar 10, 2010

received no notice, money was withdrawn which caused me to be overdrawn. bad business, I say.

Nora Rascón Mar 08, 2010

I was also charged with 119 dollars twice.
    I try calling to the customer care telephone number at their web site, but never answer.
    After reading all these comments, i am cancelling my credit card right now!

Nora Rascón
    México

• Lo
    lorraine murphy Mar 05, 2010

what a scam giving trail pack for free and then charging 119 dollors for it i want my money back

• Ji
    Jinnyann Mar 04, 2010

Got me too!!! I feel soooo stupid. Is nobody going to stop them?

• Mt
    mtngrl821 Feb 20, 2010

Take them to court! You can find all their business info on the BBB website for Florida.

• Ha
    Harriet Scott Feb 11, 2010

Cleanwhites have proceeded to take £53.70 from my account, even though I checked the box not to commit. I contacted my bank immediately who asked me to cal the number they had for the company. On all sides I was rebuffed, ending in the Cleanwhites' 'Customer Service' representative informing me that my order number (which I had received from them on application) did not exist, even though I had the trial product and the money had been taken from my account. Again, the 14 day trial had not ended before they took this money. My bank has said they will now bar anymore payments and will try and help recover this money but they have been inundated with similar stories. I am also very worried about the knowck on effect of other companies under the Cleanwhites umbrella, of which there seem to be many. I feel like a complete mug. Interesting that they are now hitting the UK!

• Ri
    Ricardo Gojara Sr Feb 11, 2010

I ordered a free trial thooth white product with no obligation clause and I am being charged 54 dollars without any notice.

• Wr
    wrauschenb Feb 10, 2010

This is a big rip off. The products they are selling aren't even worth the shipping cost. They will not take returns or make refunds. These people have no ethics, just more Americans ripping off other Americans. I've cancelled my order unfortunately another order was in process while I was cancelling so I'm stuck with it. I'm letting the web sites that advertise their product know who they're promoting.

• Mi
    Mike000009 Feb 07, 2010

I ordered from Cleanwhites and another... Charged for s&h... got a product from one compnay but not the other. Billed for cleanwhite and then two chrges for "Prohealth" which I never signed up for. Contacted my Credit card company, said to call back in 30 days if I did not recieve a product. Contacted cleanwhite got them to cancel (I thought) my "membership" they said to send back unopened product and they provided a cancellation/refund number. Never got a product. Contacted my CC company 30 days later, told them what transpired between me and the company, sent them my e-mails as evidence. They reversed the charges back to my CC and am having the other two charges reversed as well. Then I cancelled my credit card! Do NOT KEEP YOUR CRDIT CARD - they have your number!!! tell the card company you are afraid it will be used for fraudulant reasons and want a new card - they will oblige... If you want to sleep at night do it!!! Hope this helps...

• Mo
    Mooseymoose Jan 20, 2010

COMPLETE SCAM

I'm sure I don't need to repeat the story - everyone knows what's up. Contacting CW has proved useless. Rather than waste my time I'm going to write my bank and refuse to pay the charges. It's simply a huge rip off and pretty pathetic to think they can get away with it for long enough.

O

• Mo
    Mooseymoose Jan 20, 2010

COMPLETE SCAM

This is a complete scam. It's sad but true that businesses with pathetically low ethics do exist. There's no need for me to repeat my story, it resembles each and every one here. I ordered a trial kit and they charged me $83 in 30 days though I had not asked to buy or join their monthly services. Of course it was all there in VERY fine print. Pathetic. It's going to be a short lived business.

I'm going to write to my bank and refuse to pay the charges. Attempting to contact CleanWhites proved useless. We'll see what happens.

O

• Sc
    scumbuster Jan 13, 2010

Got scammed by a trial offer. HAve not even tried the trial and got 2 (TWO) shipments and got billed $160 on my card. The company would not accept a return of unopened product and agrred to refund only $80.00. The offer does not clearly state that you are automatically enrolled into continuous resupply. An unsavory business practice that the Florida law enforcement should be looking at.

• Ng
    ngc0884 Jan 06, 2010

This company is a scam.My husband order the trial, sure enough couple days later our card was charged 89.99.had to close bank account to avoid further charges.If you dont want to spend hours on the phone, get no sleep, be the first one at your bank to dispute charges, close your account, wait days before getting a new card to have a peace of mind.be my guess.Go for it!!!Not me.

• Be
    Beverly Everhart Jan 04, 2010

I received one order after the other and wanted to stop them and send them back unopened or used and they will not refund.

• Lt
    ltf468 Jan 04, 2010

After reading all these comments, it all sounds too famaliar. I called my credit card company and they told me they recieve hundreds of calls every day for Cleanwhites, DazzleSmile, or whatever they want to call themselves. The complaints are all the same. Sounds like a broken record. I was also told they are border line legal. They just don't bother to tell you all the sticky little details or provide them up front like any reputable company. They went on to say you'd have to be a lawyer to understand or find it anyway. After telling the girl who called me a couple of days later (to sell more of their...well we all know) I told her I was NOT interested and DO NOT bill my account!!! I might as well have been talking to my dog (my appologies to my dog). To make a long story short, call and cancel, then cancel your credit card and reopen a new account. This is the only way to make sure your safe. In fact if Cleanwhite is SUCH a reputable company like they claim I'm offering them a challenge. I'm sending back your products UNUSED and UNTOUCHED for a full refund on your SO called Risk - Free Trail offer. Thanks but NO Thanks!!! DO I have any takers (Cleanwhites)? Now's your chance Cleanwhites to step up to the plate and prove everyone wrong. Are you up for the challenge? Are you as reputable as you claim above? Here's your chance!!! ltf468

• Sc
    scammedbycleanwhites Dec 30, 2009

I was sold on the trial offer that I clicked into on a website, and then I was tricked into enrolling in the monthly order when I didn’t open the package and read the fine print…

Not only did I get billed a full amount but I got billed double the full amount:

11/09 healthcins [protected] CPY 79.95
    11/09 healthcins [protected] CPY 79.95
    11/16 ultifreshwell [protected] CPY 87.62
    11/23 ultifreshwell [protected] CPY 87.62
    Total $335.14

I went online and canceled right away and this month found out that I was billed again. Now I am out $670.28 in just two months. When I called customer service the rep just denied that I am being billed twice and would not put me on with a supervisor or manager.

I have canceled my credit card and reporting it stolen. I’m going to report these charges as fraud and I’m going to contact the BBB unless I get someone to make this right.

• Am
    Amanda 78 Dec 29, 2009

Wish I would of found this web site before. I thought it was a sample I didn't know it was going to cost 79.95 for something that didn't work. I just called and canceled my membership and that lady was so rude.
    They say you always learn from your own mistakes and I just learned the hard way.

• Th
    they got me Dec 24, 2009

they were only to charge the trial offer. instead they charged 300$ to my card. there is a box to click if you only wnt just the trial offer and somhow they were able to charge more to my card.

CherylOf The Northwoods Dec 24, 2009

I had NO IDEA I would be automatically charged on my bank debit card, for $83.90. I ended up nearly overdrafting my bank account which would have cost me another $29 in bank fees. These folks lead you to believe you are just trying the product out to SEE IF YOU WANT to continue it. Then, they charge you for a shipment you didn't order. I called the bank, and they said there is nothing I can do since they have my card numbers already. I went to their site and "cancelled" my account. I have a funny feeling they will try and bill me again next month. Short of closing the bank account (where I've been for 22 years) I'm not sure how I will totally get rid of the scammers. -Cheryl of the Northwoods

• Hu
    Hubie Dec 22, 2009

Free trial of this product turned into $159.90 in unauthorized charges on my bank card.

Advice to other victims of this internet scam:

1. Go to your bank and have them call Cleanwhites @ 877.409.4406.
    2. Get the name of the person answering for Cleanwhites.
    3. Threaten to file a complaint with Florida State Attorney General.
    4. Demand the account be canceled.
    5. Demand a full refund.
    6. Demand a due date for the refund credit to your card.
    7. Block Cleanwhites from further charges to your bank card.
    8. And/or: cancel your bank card / open another account.

Good luck, Graham

Chico_Girl Dec 16, 2009

I also got scammed. So far my bank got charged a bunch of foreign transaction charges, I got charged for the free trial for the shipping and handling, which I expected, but then I immediately called and canceled after hitting enter and then it showing me the terms and agreements. They said I was canceled and would not be getting charged anything, but would have to send the product back when I got it during the two week window. I sent it priority mail to make sure it got there in time, received an e-mail from them saying they got my return and no further charges would be charged to my card. The very next day was a charge for $79.95...AND I had no product because I already sent it back unused! I called them and went off on them and they told me they would send me the product back (the tray and gel) and credit me $30.00. I still have not seen the credit and the what I got back was not what I sent, I got another one of those stupid pens! Then tonight when I was looking online at my bank activity I saw another charge from one of their other "companies" for $86.93. I was trying to find their website and came across this one. I called my bank and blocked that card and will be getting another one. I will be filing a claim against the charges they already charged. Hopefully I will get that money back. What a lovely time of year to get ripped off. I am so angry right now I cannot see straight!

• Ho
    Howard Teifke Dec 16, 2009

Trying to return products before the trial period expires.

• Mp
    mpg Dec 15, 2009

This is truly a scam, plus the product does not work. The customer service is horrible and will not allow you to talk to a supervisor or manager. Please save your money and just go to your own denist.

jasmine1 Dec 11, 2009

I got suckered into this "risk-free trial offer". It is not free or risk-free. They will ream you for hundreds of $$ if you don't pay close attention. I didn't notice their ridiculous and bizarre charges until the first credit card statement arrived.

This company is either a scam or they are barely legal. They operate under multiple company names like Cleanwhites, Ultifresh, Healthclns, or whatever else they call themselves. The credit card statement lists their location as both Florida and Cypress.??? I think they purposely try to confuse their shipments and charges.

Stay FAR FAR away from this offer!

Complain to Yahoo, MSNBC, or whoever!

Here is Yahoo feedback -

• Mr
    mr coffee Dec 11, 2009

The above says it all. It's a scam site. FRAUD.

It's an old con - rush you into agreeing to a contract with terms that totally contradict what they present the offer to be, and then try to convince you you *have* to pay (used to be because you signed, now it's because you checked the box).

You don't have to pay and shouldn't. Contest the charges with your credit card company and tell them it's an internet fraud - alerting credit card companies is the fastest way to slow these guys down and make them keep morphing names and locations.

Lay then phone down if they call. Or ask them how it feels to try and scam people for a living. How do they sleep at night?

Don't wait for them to give you permission to ignore their insistence you pay, listen, or anything else. The sooner you say with your behavior, "you haven't got me", the sooner they'll give up and move on to their next victim who is more gullible.

And don't waste anymore energy thinking about it. Learn the lesson and go have some fun enjoying life. We all make mistakes.

• Mr
    mr coffee Dec 11, 2009

The above said it all. It's a scam site. FRAUD. Cancel your credit card and start over with a new account. Dispute their charges with your credit card company ASAP.

What's amazing is that they advertise through major advertising vendors so their ads even show up on Scam-reporting sites.

• Lg
    L-G-A Nov 30, 2009

HOW CAN THIS BE???????????????????
    I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED OUT OF 431.14 BY THESE SCAMMERS.
    I WAS UNAWARE THAT THEY HAD GIVEN MY CARD # TO AT LEAST TWO OTHER SCAMMERS UNTIL I GOT MY BANK STATEMENT. NO NEED TO CALL THEM THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL SCAMMERS. THEY CAN SPIN A LIE QUICKER THAN YOU CAN GET TO THE NEXT QUESTION...THAT IS IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THEIR "CRAZY" ENGLISH. THE ONLY GUARANTEE THEY HONOR IS THAT YOU WILL SURELY GET SCAMMED. I AM REPORTING THIS TO AUTHORITIES. I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO MY BANK...HOPEFULLY THE BANK WILL RECOGNIZE THIS SCAM AND I MAY GET A LITTLE REIMBURSEMENT.
    IF YOU ARE READING THIS WITH THE IDEA OF DOING BUSINESS WITH "CLEANWHITES"...DON'T DO IT, DON'T DO IT...YOU'LL BE SO SORRY IF YOU DO. LGA

• Sh
    Sharon E Williams Nov 30, 2009

I ordered the so-called risk-free trial product late one night while I was on-line. The next day, an overly- aggressive salesman called me salesman called me & was so forceful in trying to get me to buy more product that I had to hang up on him.I receiced the product a couple of days later with a note stating that I had subscribed to a monthly charge of over eighty-six dollars.It stated the fastest way to cancel the subscription was on line.Well, good luck with that! It kept requesting that I log in using a password that I have never known I had.I finally conceded defeat & called the number provided.After a fifteen minute wait, I spoke with a very rude heavily accented male who told me that I had to ship the product back at my on expense or I would be charged full price for the free product.I of course had already called & cancelled my credit card.My bank told me they were well aware of this scam.I will never answer an on-line ad again.

• Cl
    Cleanwhites Nov 17, 2009

I am happy with my order of cleanwhites. I can't say that i've encountered the same problems as everyone seems to be complaining about but the lady I spoke with was very nice and she listened to me and she really helped me out. I was charged $79.95 and i didn't read that it was a trial. well she refunded me the full amount and i think i will actually buy some cleanwhites around X-mas time to give to my family. cheer up everyone! :)

• Cl
    Cleanwhites Nov 17, 2009

Hello all,

We, at Cleanwhites, would like to respond to a number of complaints on this forum and provide a clear, meaningful response to each and every one of our customers who have met a less than desirable experience with our company. Our company is grateful to have grown in a large capacity in all areas of the business since August 2009. We have had to meet the high demands of our product in a very short time, which has come with some unexpected and unanticipated turn of events, which we would like to address:

• Firstly, we are not affiliated with Dazzlesmile or Dazzlewhite. We are 2 different companies and we cannot speak on their behalf.
    • Secondly, we apologize to everyone who was erroneously charged on September 15 before their trial expiration. Due to an error in our e-commerce technical database, some customers were charged before their trial expiration, but an immediate refund was issued to everyone charged, as well as an extension of their 14-day trial. We know it is not an excuse, but this problem could not have been detected any sooner. We immediately resolved the issue, but apparently not soon enough as the influx of complaints we see here are quite overwhelming. We had our customer service team, technicians, and finance department working around the clock to fix this mistake and if anyone is still being affected by this in any way, please contact us immediately at [protected] and we will resolve the issue for you.
    • Thirdly, please forgive us if our hold times exceeded 5 minutes. Due to the high demand, our call volume increased and, at the time, our staff was too small to handle the amount of calls. Soon thereafter, we immediately hired a full staff to ensure our hold times remain under 2 minutes. We are proud to say we have been successful in achieving this goal.
    • Lastly, we encourage all of you to speak with our very helpful Customer Service department at [protected] to inquire about our 14-day trial. It is a trial offer and not a free sample. Our dedicated staff is happy to assist you and can address any questions or concerns you have.

We understand everyone is trying to protect the public and we fully respect your desire to voice your concerns. In closing, we appreciate the opportunity to respond to your complaints we are regularly continuing to add the necessary, quality resources we need to meet the growing needs of our customers.

Thank you.

Regards,
    Cleanwhites
    [protected]

• Ce
    CEBROWN Nov 16, 2009

I ordered the free trial CLEAN WHITES/ DAZZLE SMILE ON 9/7/09 AND RECEIVED ON 9/14/09 AND HAD UNTIL 9/24 TO CANCEL. I DID NOT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO CANCEL. I WAS LAID OFF ON 9/27 AND DIAGNOSED WITH LIP CANCER ON 9/25 AND UNABLE TO USE ANYTHING IN MY MOUTH ON ON MY LIPS DUE TO TREATMENT AND THE PAIN. WHEN I NOTICED CHARGES ON MY BANK STATEMENT FOR $3.95 + 83.90 I DISPUTED THE CHARGES WITH THE COMPANY. I EXPLAINED MY SITUATION AND RECEIVED NO MERCY. IT'S ALL A SCAM. I SHOULD HAVE GONE ON LINE FIRST; BUT I DID NOT. CAN ALL OF THE COMPLAINERS FILE A CLASS ACTION SUIT; THIS IS TRULY ILLEGAL.

• Le
    Lead Astray Nov 11, 2009

I just posted a complaint so I doubt you saw it yet. I'm not sure how my situation will turn out but try contacting Cleanwhites for your tracking number so that you can go the the post office site for proof of the delivery date - email address - [email protected] Maybe your credit card company will reverse the charges if the delivery date confirmation proves you were billed before the 14 day trail expired. Be sure to look at the transaction date on your credit card statement and not the posted date. Here is the comment I just posted:

I didn't open mail for awhile due to a family member being in serious condition in the hospital so that is how they scammed me. Over $500 appeared on my credit card statement between 10/16/09 -11/1/09. I contacted Cleanwhites and of course they said they aren't willing to refund the money even though I returned all products unopened including the trial product. I was able to get the tracking information from them so I now know they billed my account 7 days after the product was delivered. THIS IS NOT A 14 DAY TRAIL except in their mind. My credit card company reversed the charges for now but I'm sure Cleanwhites probably won't let it go. I just sent an email to my credit card vendor and asked if they would accept the tracking information that proves they billed my account before the 14 day trail expired. I also shared this complaintboard.com site with my credit card vendor so they can see how many people have complained. Maybe we should contact an attorney regarding a class action suit. I believe the advertisement said something like Mom finds teeth whitening trick - YES IT IS A TRICK! I hope some of you can persuade your credit card company to reverse the charges. I plan to file a complaint with the Miami Better Business Bureau.

• Re
    reneesmith13 Nov 10, 2009

Paid for a "free sample" in Oct - now received Touch-up Pens and got charged $83.90. Called the company and was told I "signed up" for this product. I argued that didn't see any such disclaimer on the website when I ordered the free sample, and could not afford $83.90. They agreed to take my name off future shipments, but there was nothing I could do about this shipment and charge. Can someone help me with this? [email protected]