Clean whitesScam

I saw an add on cnn, claiming that a single mom had tried mixing two free trials from two separate teeth whitening companies and it had marvelous results. Neither worked so I canceled both, but each sent me another supply, and charged my credit card $80+ dollars! Dazzle smile refunded my money, but clean whites wont return calls, and refuses a refund when emailed. They say the trial ended before i canceled, but that is not true at all. The trial doesn't give you time to try it! Its a scam, dont order it! I even canceled my order the day after I originally ordered it! I did this because they contacted me that day wanting me to buy more stuff! I knew that second that it was a scam. Pleae do not buy their product. First off it doesn't even work, and 2nd you will be charged forever and the only way to stop it is to cancel our bank account or credit card!

• Jc
    jcrobbo Jun 08, 2010

I wish I'd seen this website before I ordered Clean Whites. My credit card account was debited the day BEFORE the despatch date on the paperwork so no chance of my 14 day free trial! Since then 3 more unauthorised amounts have been made on the same day each month totally nearly $500. The last one made on the credit card number that I had to cancel 6 weeks ago because of them. How on earth did they do that - even the credit card company don't know how they've done it. I'm really really upset about this.

DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY - IT'S JUST AN EXCUSE TO GET YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS AND SCAM YOU.

• Lo
    lovelioness Apr 19, 2010

I did the same thing, i live in england and im just using the clean whites free trial i had a while back, i couldnt get the other free one so i just had clean whites and the shipping was £3.99 next thing i know i had another clean whites package sent through the door and when i checked my bank account they had taken £40.00 out for it! I rang them and they have cancelled my subscription to them (that i didn't realise i'd done) no refunds though. and now i'm using the whitening gel and remineralizing gel and haven't seen any results! I hope everyone sees them for what they really are and doesn't use their services again!

• Al
    ALI.h Mar 16, 2010

I LIKE MANY OTHERS PURCHASED A TRIAL PERIOD FOR THESE CLEAN WHITES THEN AFTER A FEW WEEKS WAS CHARGED £96. aFTER CALLING THEM THEY TOLD ME IT WAS FOR A MEMBERSHIP FEE WHICH WAS NONE REFUNDABLE. THEY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CARRY ON LIKE THIS.

• We
    wendybh Feb 06, 2010

"free trial" dental cleaning product ordered and then cancelled when a payment for £19 was taken, since then 2 more payments totalling another £82 have been taken, no answer to refund requests

• Il
    iluvcleanwhites Nov 24, 2009

THERE ARE TERMS AND COND. TO EVERY TRIAL ...AS A CONSUMER ALL OF US ARE OBLIGATED TO READ THESE BEFORE AGREEING TO ANYTHING. THERE ARE TERMS AND COND. IN MORTGAGES, CELL PHONE CONTRACTS, CREDIT CARDS, LETS FACE IT THE US IS BASED ON CONSUMERS. IF YOUR LATE PAYING A CREDIT CARD BILL YOU HAVE TO PAY A LATE FEE . IF YOU LOOK INTO TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CLEAN WHITES THAT ARE LOCATED IN 2 DIFFERENT PLACES ON THE WEB SITE ...I UNDERSTAND PEOPLE DONT READ THE FINE PRINT BUT UNFORT. THATS WHY THEY GET CHARGED.ALSO WHEN IT SAYS TRIAL IT MEANS TRIAL NOT A FREE SAMPLE A TRIAL IS WHEN YOU USE SOMETHING FOR A CURTIN ABOUT OF TIME .THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE COMPLETLY CLEAR OF HOW THE TRIAL WORKS. PLEASE READ THINGS BEFORE AGREEING TO THEM ITS COMMON SENSE.

• Sc
    SCAMMED TWICE Oct 24, 2009

Clean Whites & Dazzle Smile are both running a internet scam. Both services tried to charging my checking visa card for $80.00 each monthly for their free trial offers. Nothing was advertised on there web sites about these costs.
    Went to the bank to try to get these charges reversed and was advised i NEEDED to submit a police report to get a adjustment. Police would not take the information advising me it was probably stated in the terms and conditions. A expensive lesson for me. Rember, if it's sounds to good to be true, IT IS!

• Ve
    Vernon Edwards Oct 24, 2009

Bought a promotional offer for about $5.00. Then on 10/22/09, my debit card was charged $39.95 for what, I have no idea. I have recieved nothing in addition to the promotional item, which I did recieve. Who are these damn crooks, and how many people are they ripping off?
    Vernon Edwards
    [protected]

• Lu
    luke12 Oct 24, 2009

I ordered a free trial of Clean Whites at the cost of $3.95 for shipping and handling. My credit card was charged $ 3.95 which I authorized, a one time charge, a one time purchase. When the free trial arrived i t included an invoice which stated One (1) Free Trial at $ 00.00 $3.95 for shipping and handling. The next paragraph stated that the trial offer expired October 18, 2009 and my credit card would be charged $79.95 + $ 5.95 on a monthly basis and a shipment would be sent monthly. I immediately notified them that I did not order anything from them for $79.95 + $5.95 Shipping and handling and I was told in order to cancel my membership with them that I would have to send the free trial back as that was $79.95 + $5.95, not $ 3.95, go on line and print out a UPS return Shipping Lable, and my account would be charged $ 6.95 for the return. They also stated on the original invoice that future shipments to me could not be marked returned to sender as the only way they would accept returns would be through UPS. My membership would only be cancelled when they received the free trial kit back before the expiration of the free trial date as the free trial kit was the first shipment of $ 79.95 + $5.95 and my credit card would be charged. Once again I notified Clean Whites that They were not to make any more charges to my credit card, period. I also notified my bank not to authorize anymore payments to Clean Whites.

They have charged my account $ 6.99 as if I have returned the $79.95 (which I have not returned as I have not received an item for $79.95 from them). These charges were posted to my account the same date, 10/18/09, that I put a stop with my bank. I don't know why they would charge my account for a return fee of $ 6.99 when nothing has been returned to them, as I have never received anything from them costing $79.95. This is most definatley fraud as I have notified them from the get go not to make additional charges to my account and destroy my credit card number they had on file. I did not authorise them to keep my credit card on file.

I notified my bank and asked that they term additional charges by Clean Whites as fraud. This is in dispute as we speak.

• Lu
    luke12 Oct 24, 2009

I was stupid to fall for the free trial scam for $3.95 which I paid for by credit card. Do you know that Clean Whites make it appear that they are promoted by Crest Toothpaste as they include a trial size tube of Crest Toothpaste and the only telephone # in the kit is on the tooth paste to CREST. I stronghly suggest that everyone report this to Crest. Also report this to your credit card company and dispute the charges as they have only been authorized to use the credit card for the original fee for the trial size.

• Th
    TheMillers Oct 15, 2009

Same thing that happen to us--Dazzle Smile and clean Brites--we are now out almost $400. we have to go through the trouble of cancelling our credit card--how can people sleep at night?

• Li
    Linda Lander Oct 14, 2009

Free trial is a complete scam. They charge you only 99 cents shipping; however, they immediately call to advise the first full month will be shipped with trial offer. I refused any further product and advised no additional charge should be made to my credit card. As of that time only the 99 cents shipping was charged as verified by my credit card company. However, the so called free trial arrives and advises you in letter that additional month is included and you will be billed for product. I received only the trial offer. Tried to cancel on line as advised in letter, but you have to agree to another $6.99 charge for them to email you a UPS label to return the "jar". Called the toll free number provided and incompetent tells you you must return the "FREE trial" in order to avoid additional charge and pay $6.99. Says that the free trial is actually a month's supply. Well if the two little vials are for a month, at a charge of $79.95 it surely is a rip-off. Still waiting for a manger's return call -- they had time to email rep that call would be returned, but too busy with another customer to take call at time. TOTAL SCAM !!!

• D1
    d102n3 Oct 09, 2009

The same thing happened to me. Clean White is a rip off scam!

• Do
    dontbuyit Oct 08, 2009

DERRMAPRIL, PURECLEANSE AND CLEANWHITES ARE ALL SCAM RIPOFFS!
    CONTACT BBB ABOUT THESE ###!

• He
    Heidy Oct 07, 2009

I just got off the phone with the company and I am FURIOUS!!! Unfortunately all of these BAD comments are true. I wish I would have read these comments before I CLICKED THE OK BUTTON online because apperently thats all you have to do.

How do we get the word out about this BOGUS company?

I actually feel stupid that I ever gave my credit card number for my risk free trial. But after $0.99 + $49.95 + $6.99 + $6.99 + $79.95 + the unsettling idea that these people have my credit card #, I learned my lesson.

Don't be a dumb ### like me...DON'T ORDER THIS PRODUCT or get involved with this company at all!

• Da
    DanIsMad Oct 05, 2009

Clean Whites is a TOTAL SCAM. Do not get sucked in - the website literally lies to you, saying that you will only be charged a small fee. But in reality, even if you manage to send the product back on time you get charged another $7 for shipping (an outrageous amount for a tiny box). They are lying to you, dont believe them. If you don't get it back to them in time they will charge you the "low" price of $75.95.

• Le
    lectricguy Sep 29, 2009

Clean whites is nothing but a scam. I ordered the free trial offer, just pay shipping. Of caorse to do this you have to give them your credit card number. I received the order and called to cancel. I was told to cancel I would have to return the unused portion with a UPS label which cost $6.95. I had about 24 hours left to do this. Even if I canceled I would be charged almost $90 for the first shipment, which I had not received yet. They would charge my account even if I cancel and refuse the scheduled shipments. None of this was explained in their web site. Very polished testimony from CBS and various references. I haven't even tried the product yet. but this is nothing but a total scam. I called my credit card company today and told them of my conversation. I also canceled the card preventing Clean whites from any future charges. Don't get sucked into this scam .a9b63