Classic Closeoutsfraud

V

submit a letter to the mayor, maybe he will get this company prosecuted. The Hempstead police dept says there is nothing they can do about it and thyey have no one to refer you to to get this company prosecuted.

Wayne Hall
99 NICHOLS COURT HEMPSTEAD New york 11550

• Rl
    RL Miller May 12, 2007

What you pay is what you get (or do NOT get in this case!)

I never received my order and FINALLY got UPS to issue a credit; however, they had to issue it to Classic Closeouts. Classic Closeouts refuses to issue the credit back to me! Additionally, Frantz (who is probably the ONLY “employee” there) will NOT return my emails or calls.

The reason their products are SO cheap is because they steal their customer’s money whenever they can!

IF you get your products, that's great -- but DO not return anything because you will NOT see a credit for returns either.

Fortunately, my credit card company is now dealing with Classic Closeouts, and I have filed a complaint with the BBB.

I do not know how they stay in business with such unethical and illegal business practices!

• Ge
    george manos Oct 09, 2007

Have purchased many time from Classic Closeouts and did not have a problem until recently, have an order for over 100.00 and have instore credit for 32.47 would like to apply it to new order MANY MANY e mails phone calls NO RESPONSE.. Unable to reach them but if you put in an order they contact you immediately... TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY LIKE THIS YOU HAVE TO BE NUTS!I WILL PURSUE THIS ISSUE WITH MY CREDIT CARD CO LET THEM BATTLE...

Classic Closeouts - www.classiccloseouts.com

• Je
    Jen Silva Jan 02, 2008

Classic Closeouts SUCKS!

It is impossible to get them to respond to a request to return an item. I followed their instructions exactly and have not heard a peep from them. I only wish I had researched them prior to making a purchase. If I had I could have learned from someone elses mistake rather than learning from my own mistake.

What a bunch of loosers they are, no values or morals. But I do believe in kharma and I think all their wrong doings will come back to haunt them.

• Mi
    Michelle Jul 02, 2008

I'd like to get that phone number from you if possible! I had a bogus charge placed on my credit card last week, and it overdrafted my account.

• Ka
    katy clark Jul 03, 2008

I only visited this site once to purchase sandals for my wedding. I got the sandals and everything was perfect. Until Monday of this week. I was charged $69.99 on my bank card for something I DID NOT PURCHASE. I tried to call them, but it rang and rang and rang and have yet to get an email or message from them. I know my card was saved on their site so I ended up erasing it and would suggest to anyone else that they do the same.

Mary Ellen Jul 09, 2008

I received the same $69.99 charge on my bank card this week and have not purchased anything from them in over 9 months! I also tried calling, but no answer, and sent an e-mail, with no response on that. If you go to /link removed/ and type in "classic closeouts" you will see all the other people who have had the SAME problem!

• Ro
    Rock Jul 09, 2008

I got the same $69.99 charge on my bank account without ordering anything since October last year. Their phone number is [protected], however, all you can do is leave a voice mail, and no one has called me back in the last week and I have left many messages.

• Ci
    Cillasi Jul 09, 2008

On 7/8/2008 my checking account was charged $69.99 by classiccloseouts.com. I have only ordered from this company once back in 2005. I tried to reach the company a few times to no avail. You're asked to leave a message when you call and they don't call you back. Upon doing a little research, I happened upon "complaintsboard.com" where several people have complained of the same unauthorized charges over the past week, most of whom have only ordered once long ago.

If you have ever used this company, alert your bank to block any charges from them as it's impossible to know what's going on. Their database may have been hacked; they may have a dishonest employee, or the owners may be the criminals. Who knows? When the company isn't getting back to you, either they're overwhelmed with complaints or they're in on the deal.

• Ri
    Richard Rice Jul 10, 2008

I have never purchased anything from this company yet they somehow have my debit card number and have charged me $69.99 for God knows what. There is no way to reach them...whatever department you "choose" from their voice mail message says "leave a message and we'll call you back." Right!

• Am
    Amy Jul 11, 2008

Oh My GOsh!! What is up with this company? Why am I being charged for the same amount as everyone else and didn't buy anything? Is there something we can do about this?

• La
    LaureninFL Jul 12, 2008

I have only ordered from Classic Closeouts once, 4 years ago, the quality was seriously lacking and I never ordered again. This past week I had an unauthorized, fraudulent charge against my bank account for 69.99. I made several calls to the company and they go unreturned. I have this charge in dispute with my bank. I have filled out a form with the New York States Attorneys office regarding this company: www.oag.state.ny.us/online_forms/compaint_alert_action.jsp

I would advise all to do the same. If you perform a search online for Classic Closeouts unauthorized bank charges or any search similar, you will find a huge amount of complaints

• Cy
    Cynthia Jul 12, 2008

I ordered from classic closeouts one year ago, one time. On 6/28/08 they charged my credit card 69.99 and I too left several messages and various emails to them to no avail. Finally contacted the bank and they put a fraud alert and are investigating the matter. If this happened to you, contact the bank immediately!!

• Ro
    Rockel Jul 14, 2008

Hey everyone I got the same problem too with the issue of 69.99 on my bank card too. I know I ordered something from them but it only cost me 15.97 and that was way back in January of this year and after that I never order nothing else. I mean their merchandize is dirt cheap, but not so much good quality. I had to call my bank to stop payment, because I don't owe these people and I have been calling their number since yesterday and no one answers asking you to leave a message and then it telling you mailbox is filled. Also I sent them a message through the site and no one respond. I am thinking about getting a lawyer for them. That is outrageous now.

• Valerie Jul 16, 2008

Classiccloseouts.com made an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $69.99 on July 11, 2008. I tried to contact the company and of course I only got their wonderful answering machine. I just decided to file a dispute directly with my credit card company and have them deal with this situation instead. I got it credited right away but I wasn't going to just let it go. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Trust-e, New York State Consumer Affairs, and the FTC. I've only ordered from this company once a few months back and since I wasn't satisfied with the product, decided never to order from them again. Beware to anyone who shopped at classiccloseouts.com, make sure to double check all charges on your statements. This company is a fraud!

• Ki
    Kim Cross Jul 16, 2008

Same thing happened to me July 15, 2008!

• Vi

[protected]
    FAX516-538-1355

• Ci
    cille Jul 17, 2008

The same thing happened to me on 7/11/2008. There's no way to contact the website and all I can do at this point is file a claim at my bank for the 69.99. This sounds like a regular occurrence at ClassicCloseouts.com - they should be shut down.

Jason Jul 21, 2008

I just looked at my account today 7-21-08 and seen the same $69.99 dollar charge as everyone else. What is going on with this company??? I agree with the rest of you as to they should be shut down and have charges brought upon them.

• To
    tom Jul 21, 2008

Me too!!! 69.99 on 07/09/2008. This is crazy.

• Ra
    raye Jul 22, 2008

same here! and you can't get in contact with them at all. and not only that but i tried to log into my account and since i forgot my password cause it been 4 years, i did the forgot password thing...typed in my e-mail address and got this message
    "We have no record of the email which you entered. Please make sure that the email is correct and that it is the one which you used to register at ClassicCloseouts.com"
    What is up with that!!?? They unauthorized a charge on my credit card and deleted my account!! Messed up...messed up!

• Re
    reliableSource Jul 23, 2008

same exact thing happened to me... unauthorized charge for $69.99
    this is obviously massive fraud! shame on them

• Bi
    Bill Jul 24, 2008

On 7/22/08 company charged me 69.99 and judging from others this is what they are famous for. Called bank disputed charges. How are they getting away with this? How do they get your card number?

• Da
    Darbabes Jul 24, 2008

This DIRT BAG company got me too! $69.99 for a "so called" Membership Fee.
    I got hit with the charge on 7/2/08... last time I purchased there "junk cloths" was May of 2004!!!
    I've already put in complaints with the BBB, the DA, TRUSTe Watchdog...etc. I have my CC company working with me right now to get my money back.

These people are real dirtbags...

• Valerie Jul 25, 2008

Recently, I checked my bank statement and saw that Classiccloseouts.com charged my card $69.99 without any purchases made. Last time I purchased something at their site was in Dec. 2007. I end up returning half the things I bought and never got the refund. I retrieved all my statements since December and noticed that they never gave my the refund and on their site it states how much fund was suppose to be credited on my account.

On July 14, 2008 they randomly charged my credit card for $69.99 and I called my bank to dispute the charges. I was given a number to contact them on my behalf but they never answer the phone. This company is ripping people off by selling bad products with mislabeled sizes and they send the wrong product in which you can never get a refund back. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Le
    Lee Jul 25, 2008

Ditto here. I have ordered once since 2005. Coincidence? I think not. Same $69.99. Don't we have some laws against this?

• Le
    Lee Jul 25, 2008

Go here and file a complaint. Get this crook shutdown!

• Ho
    holly Jul 27, 2008

recently I checked my credit card statements and found an unauthorized charge 69.99 from Classic Closeouts on July 21, 2008 without any purchase from it .
    I just shopped some clothes from their website and they had charged on me in early April 2008, and the clothes were like trash!
    I called their phone number but just could leave a message .the mechine said they would give a call but I never received one.

• Ke
    Kelly Kerley Jul 27, 2008

I too was charge $69.99 7/14/08, I did order from them back in 2004, nothing since then.
    go check by bank account online and see this.
    emailed and called them to no avail.
    Contacted my bank, they refunded the money.
    go to /link removed/ to see others
    who have been victimized by this company.
    Also you call file a Complaint online at the FBI.
    make sure you have proof.

• Ho
    holly Jul 27, 2008

classic closeouts also charged my credit card 69.99 on July, 21, 2008 without any purphase of order recently.
    how to get the money back??please help me!

• El
    Ellen Grove Jul 28, 2008

I just found a June 27, 2008 $69.99 charge on my Amex statement for merchandise that I did not purchase. In fact, I have not purchased anything from this seller in 2008. This is not the first time that something like this has happened. I have sent a message via their site, as well as left a voice mail that I hope will be answered timely.I will, of course, challenge the charge with Amex.

Somethings very fishy.

Jane Jul 28, 2008

I check my charge card on an almost daily. When I saw that same charge (last purchase I made was 11/2005), I emailed their 24/7 customer service and of course got no response. I did call & left a couple of messages (it was over weekend) but did not get a response that way.

I checked under my account on their website & it showed no pending purchases nor an explanation of the charge.

I notified my credit card company which initiated a dispute; sent Classic Closeout a fax stating the above as well as a possible notification to the Attorney General's office in Connecticut (where I live). I did mention that after having found this site.

My suggestion is that if everyone who got this charge notify their State's attorney general's office & the Dept. of Consumer Affairs, it may have a definite impact on these fraudulent charges.

• He
    Heather Jul 28, 2008

I had the exact same problem. The charge was for 69.99 and I did catch it on my credit card statement. Also recommend going to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) website and filing a complaint as well as your state's Attorneys General.

• Ge
    GERALD ELDER Jul 28, 2008

i received my credit acct.statement with a charge for 69.99 from classiccloseouts.com, i tried calling and no one answers, also emailed and no answer. i have not bought anything from them lately so this bill is for nothing...

Jane Jul 29, 2008

In checking on my credit card charges on line, I found a $69.99 charge from Classic Closeouts. I only made one purchase in 2005. I checked their website to see if there was any activity in my account section. There was nothing showing a charge. I called my credit card company to dispute charge. In doing research on the internet at various consumer complaint sites, I found that there were many people who recently experienced the same thing. In trying to reach Classic Closeout customer service, there was a recording to leave a message and they would call back. In the meantime, I had contacted the Attorney General's office in my State. This is a big ripoff and scam and if someone else finds this charge, call your credit card company and make a complaint to your State's attorney general's office. Big lesson for everyone..check your accounts on line on a daily basis..don't wait for your statement to arrive.

• Vi
    Vikki Jul 29, 2008

It looks like they are increasing the dollar amount that they are stealing. On 7/25/2008 my Credit Card was billed for $79.99. I have not ordered anything through this company since 03/2006. I too went to their site to check my online account with them for pending transactions. There was not one to be found. I immendiately contacted my credit card company and was told that the credit card company has received several complaints concerning this company and unauthorized charges. I also deleted my previously used credit card information from their site. Anyone who has ordered from this company at any time should immediately check their credit cards and bank accounts for unauthorized transactions. My credit card company was more than happy to refund to my account the amount of the unauthorized transaction. Banks have what is called an unauthorized transaction dispute form that will reverse the debit to your account and by submitting this signed form the bank will typically refund any nonsufficient fund charges that may have incurred due to this unauthorized debit. There is a deadline for this form to be used, so check your account and take care of submitting the form immediately.

• Pa
    Paula Jul 30, 2008

I ordered last from Classic Closeout in January 2006.
    July 3, 2008, I too got hit with a $69.99 phantom charge on my AMEX statement. I have contacted my credit card company AND the Better Business Bureau of New York. I agree--total dirtbags !

• Valerie Jul 30, 2008

Back in 2006, I placed one order with this company. Now, on July 3, 2008, I had a $69.99 charge made to my credit card from this company. I did not order anything and have read on the internet about how Classic Closeouts is charging previous customers for no reason at all. I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau of New York.

I will never ever order from them again. A bunch of thieves!!!

Mary Jul 31, 2008

Along with several other people on this board I also had a $69.99 charge on my credit card on July 2, 2008. I made one purchase with them last October. My daughter has the same charge on her account on the same date also. Who can we report this company to??? The bank says Visa investigates the charges. Maybe they can assist us in stopping these sob's. I'm very frustrated about not being able to reach them.

Mary Aug 01, 2008

Please everyone report Classic Closeouts to the New York BBB. Go to www.bbb.newyork.org, click on consumers and file a complaint. I spoke to our local BBB office and they said the New York office was great and would definitely pursue action if there were many complaints about them.

sap Aug 04, 2008

This place is a SCAM. I haven't ordered any thing from them and they now charged me on my crecdit card $79.99 without my authorization. Tried emailing (no number listed on site) and called [protected] and as listed on my credit card statement...no answer, no email back...
    If some know about any thing please help