Classic Auto ServiceWon't return Paid for Parts

J

Bob Waller said he would have my parts woodgrained in four weeks. He received my parts April 2, 2008. He told me he was finished and I need to wire him the money first ($1, 500) and he would mail them on Monday. I wired the money. He has my parts and money. I have called, e-mailed, written letters with no results.

• Bi
    Bill4d1merc Aug 16, 2009

I sent my dash and moldings from my 41 Mercury to Bob Waller at Classic Auto Services to be wood grained in October, 2007. He told me it would take 4 or 5 weeks to finish the job. November, 2007 he emailed an invoice so I paid him. He told me my parts were ready for final sanding and clear coating and he would ship them soon. I have been emailing him and calling him since then getting different excuses. I have my parts being picked up by another party and hope to have them back soon. I filed a complaint with the BBB. I am now trying to get the word out so others don't end up in this same predicament.

• Cl
    Classic Auto Services Aug 24, 2009

To both Bill and Robert, my sincerest apologies for being unable at this time to complete the restoration of your woodgrain projects. I pride myself on performing nothing but the highests quality of work for all of my customers and feel horrible that I was not able to complete your jobs within a reasonable time frame in this instance. Though I recognize that for you, that at this time it didn't matter, nonetheless, I do believe that had I been given this last week as stated in my latest email to you both, that I would have finally completed these two specific projects and had both of them delivered to you by Friday the 28th of August, '09. I showed Robert when he met me here at the shop that I was finally caught up from re-working the project that was immediately before his and then yours, but understandably, too late in your minds. As requested, I have returned each and every part to Robert for both his Mercury and for yours as you authorized to me via phone. Customers parts are just that, they belong to you and it is NEVER a question as to returning them to their rightful owners. I look forward to speaking with you in the very near future to discuss an amicable resolve and hope that sometime in the future I am able to make it up to the both of you, as you both deserve it and I would like to some how make amends. Sincerely, Bob Waller, Classic Auto Services

• Cl
    Classic Auto Services Aug 24, 2009

In the case regarding "Jimmy" above, I was unaware that he had any complaints listed. I completed his project to absolute show quality and correctness in every detail. Granted, it was not within the time frame as hoped, but it was in fact completed in the highest quality of manner, packaged very carefully and delivered to Jimmy as he has since confirmed and even to my surprise stated upon reviewing my woodgrain work as we spoke on the phone, he said that the work was absolutely beautiful. I am glad that although it was a struggle getting his parts done at that time, ultimately, he received and acknowledged that the quality was excellent. Thank you Jimmy for your patience. Bob Waller, Classic Auto Services

• Ds
    DSpringer Mar 09, 2011

Bob had my dash and garnish molding for 13 months. I was becoming increasingly nervous about ever seeing them again, but he did communicate periodically. He was not good at keeping promises, but I must say that when I finally did receive my parts the quality of work was exceptional. I hope he learns to give realistic estimates of how long his work will take. If you have the time, the wait is worth it. It probably doesn't hurt to hold back final payment as a motivator.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices