Citizen Safety InstituteFraud

G

Should you come into contact with Citizen Safety Institute (aka Citizen Safety Council), I must warn you to proceed cautiously. This organization, based in Manhattan Beach, CA claims to provide health & safetly products and related education programs. While I can't comment specifically to the quality of products/programs marketed by Citizen Safety Institute, I can certainly speak to my experience with the business practices of CSI's President & CEO, Robert Ambrose.

Our company, ExtendLife, Inc., has for several years maintained an annual paid listing on Citizen Safety Institute's affiliate web site, CPR + Net, as a provider of certified CPR and first-aid related training. The annual advertising fee is $60, and we have always paid it upon receiving an invoice from Mr. Ambrose.

Mr. Ambrose invoiced us most recently on November 28, 2006 for the standard $60 fee, with an addtional offer of a link from his affiliate site to ours for a one time set up fee of $25.00. We considered the offer reasonable, so we cut a check (#1874) on 1/26/07 for the $85.00 total, made payable to CPRplusNet.com. It was mailed to Mr. Ambrose's address at Citizen Safety Institute in Manhattan Beach, CA.

According to our bank, this check was deposited on 2/7/07 and cleared our bank on 2/8/07.

As of April 1, 2007, I noticed that our listing on CPR + Net had not been updated to include the link to our site, the service for which we paid the additional $25.00. We immediately contacted Mr. Ambrose, requesting that the link be posted as promised. He quickly dismissed our request.

According to Mr. Ambrose, he sold CPR + Net in 2006. In fact, we have received information that the new owner, Mr. Aijaz Jaat of Canada, took possession of the site on September 1, 2006. This means Mr. Ambrose both invoiced us and accepted payment months after he had liquidated his interests in the web site.

Whether you are an individual consumer or a business, it is my opinion that you should be wary of purchasing products or services from Mr. Ambrose and Citizen Safety Institute.

I also must stress that the current owner of CPR + Net, Mr. Aijaz Jaat, was not a party to this apparent fraud and is not responsible for Mr. Ambrose's business practices.