Church Street StudioWorst service ever

W Review updated:

Bill and Mary Koechig of Church Street Studio in Clarkston MI were hired to photograph my son's wedding. They took over 650 photos. My family got ONE POSE at the church from about 50 feet away. They took more pictures of weeds and cattatils than they did of the groom's family. There are no poses of my husband and me together, no poses of us with our son, no poses of our four children together, in fact, they never once came to our families' side of the room. They missed over 80 people! Too fat and lazy, I guess. There is one weird picture of my husband at the church when he wasn't looking and ZERO of him at the reception. It was 100% about the bride's family and friends. They are the most unprofessional non-photographers I've experience in my lifetime. The only time my husband spotted them at the reception was when they were filling their plates with the food we paid for! We never saw them again. We don't have one decent picture of our family from our son's wedding. I am heartbroken. The bride's family has many beautiful shots to choose from. Word can't describe how many silly pictures they took, but they never took the time to photograph our family AT ALL!

Aug 15, 2009
    Church Street Studio - wedding photography
    Church Street Studio
    6 Church Street
    Clarkston
    Michigan
    Phone: [protected]
    6churchstreet.com

Bill and Mary Koechig of Church Street Studio were hired to shoot my son's wedding on 7/24/09. Before the wedding, they took dozens upon dozens of pictures of the brides' family, as you would expect. During the wedding, they took various candid shots, again as you would expect. The first reader was photographed, the second reader was my daughter and they instead shot a picture of a baby in the crowd. The third reader was photographed. This would set the stage for the whole night. Our family got one pose on the altar. We never saw the photographers again the whole night. The bride's guests were seated on one side of the dance floor and our family was on the other side. The whole night, not ONCE did they come take any pictures of our family. We don't have a posed photo of my husband and I, they never got our four kids together for a picture, not one shot of my husband and I with our son..I am not exaggerating. The entire night revolved around the bride's family and friends. There is literally not one photo of my husband at the reception. They are either the most incompetent photographer's on earth, or the most evil on earth. We had 80 guests from our side of the family and there are no pictures of them! It had to be intentional. They SUCK!!!

• T
      Aug 17, 2009

First and most important I hired Mary & Bill to be the photographers for my husband and I's wedding day. We could not have made a better choice. The pictures came out wonderfully, they are absolutely beautiful and a great memory of the day. We only requested a few posed photographs (those done in the church with our families and those with our wedding party before/after the ceremony). The ceremony pictures came out wonderfully... and as with any photographs, once in a while a picture does not come out, my sister in law doing the prayers of the faithful did not, which was explained to me and understandable (in 1000+ pictures some are bound to not come out). The rest of the pictures were a documentation of what our wedding day was like. Both families were told at the church to ask if they wanted any additional posed photographs more than once, with no requests. The photographers had one disadvantage to them, which was beyond their control and typical of most weddings. We were on a tight time schedule due to the wedding being a Friday night (which is why the photographers needed advanced notice of any other photos wanted). Even with the time constraints they did an excellent job capturing the toasts, cutting the cake, our first dance, me dancing with my father, Tim dancing with Shelagh, the bouquet and garter toss, and people on the dance floor. The photographers came and left very close to the times scheduled (which was before the groom's parents were dancing). They did everything asked of them and have been wonderful to deal with both before and after the actual day. If I had to do it again I would hire Church Street Studio in an instant. In hindsight if there were to be a next time I would make sure my mother in law listened when someone offers her other shots.

• T

Dear Shelagh/Wes89 or more properly Mother in Law,

I noticed your new screen name and response.

Life is too short...

"This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”

Aug 20, 2009

If the comments/complaints by Wes89---Shelagh (it is evident you are one in the same) were not so inapproprate and cruel, they would be laughable. My family has worked with Church Street Studios for many years on several different ocassions. Bill and Mary are top notch professionals and are the most creative and talented photographers around. We have had them for family photos, graduations, charity events etc...again I can not speak highly enough of their professionalism and of the amazing work they do! We have a son with special needs and Bill and Mary are the ONLY photographers who have captured beautiful photos of him that we will cherish always. I hope anyone reading this site will realize the complaint is not valid-(the bride does not seem to have any complaints!) If you have any doubts, see some of their portfolios, their work speaks for itself.

• L
      Aug 20, 2009

I can't disagree more with this complaint. Church Street Studio has been my photographer for nearly 10 years. They've taken photos of my brand new son, my sister's wedding and they've done beautiful work for my business. This woman has gone beyond expressing a complaint by attacking Mary and Bill personally. Anyone with a legitimate complaint would contact the provider of the service/product and express their concerns in a well thought out manner in an attempt to resolve their concern. This person obviously has no intention of trying to illicit a solution, but to instead behave in a cowardly and aggressive manner under the anonymity of the internet. It's also important to point out that his person WAS NOT a client of Church Street Studio and the actual clients were very pleased with their photos and service.

I encourage you to view their amazing work for yourself before taking this woman's comments as fact. To the person who posted this complaint - get help.

Oct 01, 2009

Uh, the groom was extremely upset when he saw the photographs...not just the few on the blog.

• L
      Oct 02, 2009

Below is a quote from the groom...need I say more???

"Wow! That's us? :) These pictures look amazing and I cannot wait to see more! Thank you so much for capturing our night just how we remembered it :) Everything looks great!"

-Tim
    Written:August 3, 2017 | Tim (The Groom)

Judge for yourself! I'm sure Church Street Studio would love to show the wonderful photos they took of this wedding because they are awesome! Contact them @ www.6churchstudio.com before you take Shelagh's word as truth.

Shelagh...Stop! You're making a fool of yourself! Move on!!!