chr.pay.comrefund

J

want a refund as i do not need product..have in writing 30 day money back guarantee. charged on 11/03/08. called for refund on 11/4/08, 11/5/08, 11/6/08, 11/07/08, 11/9/08, 11/10/08, 11/11/08...but to no avail..i have left messages, sent emails, still they will not respond. i have this placed in dispute with my credit card company.

donald dunnion Nov 12, 2008

refund the €59 i was charged for installing the anti virus software now please . the system was called anti virus 2009

refund the 59 euros now

refund the 59 euro now or i will take legal action

• De
    Deidra Nov 13, 2008

Has it been charging you multiple times? I'm rather irritated on the count, I have no idea why money has been removed from my account twice, and I'm trying to figure out how to contact them personally...

Doug Gertsch Nov 17, 2008

I thought I was the only one scammed, I have the bill in contest with a major credit card company.
    Their antispyware antivirus is Bogus and nearly crashed my computer. Nice ruse looking like the Microsoft shield and all. I hope they get caught and jailed.

Jackqueline Wong Nov 17, 2008

I also thought it was a Microsoft Product and was deducted $51.86. My kid's computer crashed. I have sent 2 emails which have been ignored.

What can we do for our refunds? Better Business Bureau? FBI?
    or any other suggestions.

By the way, is Microsoft doing anything about this at all?

david Nov 18, 2008

I see I'm not the only one that got took by this windows
    2009 bogus anti-virus program. I paid 49.00 for the
    download and a week later my computer was over
    taken with a virus. As a result it cost me another 60.00 to put it in the shop to remove the virus. Maybe it's time our Attorney General here in Mo. looked into the issue.

david Nov 18, 2008

The phone number for the United States Attorney General that deals with frauds is: [protected] or their email is: Oig.[protected]@usdoj.gov. Maybe if enough of us contact this dept we can get some results.
    I'd like my refund as well along with the cost of repairs
    to my computer. Let me know if any one gets ant help on this. I'l do the same and post it here.
    David

• Je
    Jeff Swift Nov 18, 2008

I paid 49.95 for a antivirus 2009 icon ! When I click on it nothing even pops up. I also have several viruses.

• Ke
    kevin carter Nov 20, 2008

i'm another who got tricked by this scam, let me in on any break thoughs, thanks

• Ph
    Phil Nov 21, 2008

I was duped the same way. I was helping my daughter starting up her laptop.
    This logo came uo looking like a Microsoft product. I had to restore her entire
    system and start over. Now I am being billed $79.00USD and I entered a complaint
    with VISA credit card co./

• Cr
    Crystal Marchand Nov 21, 2008

I was also tricked and it has charged my account 80.75.

• Cr
    Crystal Marchand Nov 21, 2008

I just called the [protected] that was provided on my receipt, spoke to a Mark, claims my money will be returned within 10 buiness days. so we shall see.

Margaret Nov 25, 2008

I, also, am a victim of said scam. It's really bad when you can't trust indivduals, who like yourself want to be trusted. I fell victim because I, like others thought that this was a good product with a good name. Was I wrong! I have been taken for a sum of $94. plus. I definitely want my money refunded just as quick as it was removed from my account. Since the download to my computer, I have had nothing but trouble.I was on the telephone with my ISP for several hours trying to figure out what was wrong. I don't need to pay $94. plus for a headache. So, be nice about the situation and make refunds. The system we live in makes it hard for everyone. We all are in need, but we don't have to steal from each other. Thank you

• Ra
    Ray Tarnow Nov 27, 2008

The antivirus 2009 (I paid $49.95) works fine.
    (I think) the problem I am having is I get a pop-up every one or two minutes that says I need to upgrade to an Rapid Antivirus When I click on "upgrade" it ask me for another $49.95

Mary Nov 28, 2008

Me too. Anyone know how to get rid of it before it does more damage?

• St
    stephen mcdonald Nov 28, 2008

I was prompted by a pop up to update my virus protection for 49.95 and I did and paid for it with my credit card and did not get any virus up date but kept getting the pop up. Now my computer is so messed up I have to have it rebuilt.I want some agency in our goverment to do something about this. This is the same antivirus 2009 that everyone else is complaining about, why can't we all get some justice here. Stephen McDonald

chris nataly Nov 29, 2008

I want my refund of 49.95 back antivirus 2009 is junk does not work . I will take further action.please

• Fr
    Frank m Dec 16, 2008

Well...Here I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and what pops up on my computer screen but a message that it has been affected with major viruses, but I can purchase and download their Virus 2009 for $ 49.95 and everything will be ok.. So I did... and what a scam, as you all know..!!
    I Received my next Visa bill with the charge of $ 121.38 from CHR pay com. I immediately filed a complaint with the Visa Fraud and Dispute Departments who then immediately got the company CRONO PAY on the phone with me and after my disputing this with Visa right on the phone they agreed to send me a full refund. We'll see...!!! What a rip off...!!!

dale Dec 16, 2008

i got 2 of $94.85 i dont gat replis from the campany i do not lick gatin ripoff i hop thay gat cauth and gats life

• Je
    Jessica Jan 26, 2009

If you guys still have this loaded on your computer, you will continue to have problems! You must get it off ASAP! I got scammed as well but at the time I thought it was a good deal. I was able to get rid of it with STOPzilla. Yes-it does cost to install STOPzilla BUT it got rid of the virus' this was causing. I also got some crazy other anti-virus scam that continued to pop up on my computer. I did a google on the name of the virus and downloaded some anti-malware on my computer. It got rid of that problem. So, now all three of my scanners run and come up clean and my internet is running smoothly again.

I am warning you all-if you have it, you need to get rid of it ASAP!!!

As far as the refund, my bank gave me a number that continues to be busy and the website does not work. It keeps bringing me to this page. I am going to do a dispute and see what comes about it. Reality of the refund-we are screwed. We are not going to get it. Sorry guys. Good luck.

• La
    Lance Jan 28, 2009

I too was taken. for 49.95. on 1/16/09. Shows up as Anitvirus 2009. It pops up on your screen leaves its icon (for awhile), supposedly does a scan for viruses and tells you how many you have, or now have due to being a sucker. Then after being billed everything disappears except for the bogas reciept that I printed out. I am going to do what I can to get my money back.

MarijaS Mar 27, 2009

I bought the Antivirus in the hopes that it would get rid of a virus from my computer. I later found out that it was a scam. To anyone who has been scammed there is no use in trying to contact the company. You need to talk to your bank and file a complaint against the company. Your bank will refund your account and do an investigation. That is what I did and they refunded me before they even did the investigation. If any one has Bank of America the claims department number is [protected].

jodie Jun 11, 2009

I am in Aust, and the exact same things happened last week to me. I got a virus off fb then a microsoft thing came up or what looked like microsoft, I paniced paid for a download virus program although i have always been told not to., i panicked paid for what was meant to be 59.95 for the program it downloaded said it was gone, but another one on the pc said it was still there so took my comp to a shop cost me another $150 to fix and they said it was the virus. I am going to be ringing my VIsa company first thing in the morning as I have only just ckecked my visa seen the amount is 64.50 not 59.95 and couldnt rememebr the purchase but googled the desciption chrpay.com and found this. Hopefully i will have some luck and that someone will catch these people.

• Dt
    DTB49 Jul 19, 2009

I was duped by the same co., with the exception that these people made it look like my computer was being taken over with viruses, and I was thinking I was buying a subscription to my own anti virus, and it was a fake page they put on my computer.These people took me for $99.95, and I blocked my credit card to make sure they did not try to gouge my card again.They also had fake alert trojans all over my computer, and multiple spyware.Check your computers because these people are hackers with a fake 1-800 number.I will get my money back because it was fraud, and I will file charges against this fake company.

Sally sal Mar 01, 2010

The same thing happened to me. I kept getting a pop-up about how I need to install this new virus protection thing or else my computer will get hacked. I paid 69.95 and then my computer crashed! I called my credit card company but is there anything else I can do??

• Tr
    Tracy Lampley Mar 04, 2010

I want my 102.98 back because it does not work on my computer. And it was suppose be 49.99 not no 102.98. For I will contact the BBB if I do not recieve my rufund as promised.
    Sincerly Yours,
    Tracy Lampley
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Dt
    dtelfor Mar 05, 2010

I was charge 49.95 on March 3rd for an anti virus program that was a scam and I want my money back ASAP. Thank you for getting my computer all messed up.

• Ju
    justdowhatsrite Apr 07, 2010

Purchased Anti virus 7 software March 29th 2010 which clear states that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. The support center (John Matthews) called my phone April 7th 2010 stating that they had technical problems with their billing system last week and the 79.+ that I was charged was being taken from my bank account I should not be alarmed. Well now I am because how did that happen? I paid through Paypal. How did they even get my bank account info? Not mention that the software ruined a couple of the programs on my computer which lead me to have to delete the whole thing. I don't go looking for trouble, but I am not the one . All I want is for you to honor the 30 day guarantee and I'll tell the truth and give you the kudos that you earn, but if not... I've saved every email and voice message received and sent, this isn't a threat but a promise. Please put the funds back into my bank account...for Peace sake.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices