Choice Home Warranty / home warranty

United States Review updated:

This company is built on all LIES. They tell you everything will be covered but in reality most everything is NOT covered. I paid in advance for a three year plan and will be disputing this charge and will be reporting to the BBB and spreading the word on what an awful company this is. WSBTV has also been notified. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Go
May 05, 2019

Comments

• Ha
      May 18, 2019

We signed up with CHW on 3/16/17. Have a 3 year contract. EVERY claim & I mean EVERY claim we have filed we've had to get back on the phone with them & spend a half hour or even longer multiple times because they denied the claim & will pay nothing on the claim. When the tech diagnoses the issue & documents that there is a leak or corrasion which would obviously occur with normal wear & tear CHW doesn't see it that way & will deny the claim. Some of those lengthy disputes have resulted in us getting some money paid out. A very small amount mind you. I just tried cancelling our policy as we still have a little over a year left with them. They will not reimburse us any pro-rated money because of what they have already paid out. They don't want to lose me as a customer & want to do what they can to keep me. So as a 'consolation prize' they offered me two free service calls & reimbursed me $45 for the last service call on a claim that they denied. A home warranty is supposed to be piece of mind in case something breaks down knowing that you claim will be covered & you will at least get some money towards your repairs . With CHW we no longer have that piece of mind because the next claim we have to file with them we will be going through the same song & dance routine. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We will not be renewing our policy with them when it expires in 2020. Steer clear of this company!