ChickDownTown.comAwful company

I am posting this comment due to the AWFUL customer experience that I had with chickdowntown.com. In the month of July, I got married in Hawaii. I wanted to look nice on the islands that we were visiting so I ordered many new clothes and new shoes. Unfortunately, one of the pairs of new shoes came from chickdowntown.com. Now, I grew up in Pittsburgh and was excited to see this store and associated websites going national. I'd seen the ads on the E Channel and was happy that a local store was making it big. BUT this is where the record skips.

When my Amrita Singh sandals arrived, I didn't open them right away. I intended to save them for my honeymoon. At the last minute, I decided to wear them before leaving Colorado. On the very first wearing, the sandals fell apart. In fact, I was in PetsMart when the shoes snapped apart. That was on a Sunday. On Monday, I called and emailed for an exchange but chickdowntown.com never bothered to return my call. I only wanted another pair to wear on my honeymoon. Now that I am back, they refuse to take responsibility for the defective merchandise that they sold to me. When I call them anonymously, they screen my calls, refuse to put a manager on the phone and insult me by blaming the situation on me! I strongly urge you to avoid this retailer. They are not legitimate in my opinion and do not understand the meaning of customer service. BEWARE.

• Pa
    paula gold Oct 26, 2008

i have ordered from chickdowntown.com about 6 times since may and they are by far my favorite place to shop i have always received what i ordered on time and beautiful gift wrapped when i have had questions a girl name maggie and another someone name kristen where exceptionally helpful thank you chickdowntown

mary Oct 28, 2008

To Paula Gold, just wait until you have problem with your order or you want to return something back to chickdowntown.com, then you will understand how maggie or kristen will "help" you.

Since may, I placed more than a dozen orders with chickdowntown. There is absolutely no way they will get any future business from me.

• Li
    Lisa Nov 04, 2008

i must say that i have bought from chickdowntown eight or nine times and i can't see myself stopping anytime soon! my orders always arrive in two or three days of when i order it. everything is so elegantly wrapped too!! i feel like i could purchase something as a gift and not have to worry about paying extra for giftwrapping it!

in terms of customer service, my emails are always answered right away...i had to make a return and they gave me my return number within a few hours of me sending my email. a week or so later, when i called about the status of my refund, they said it was processing that day. i got an email by the end of the day letting me know that the money was back on my card.

overall, i have been very impressed with chickdowntown.

mary Nov 06, 2008

From Sep 26 till today, Nov 6th, Chickdowntown still haven't refunded my return of total $723.3, lots of money, right?

I sent lots of emails and called a few times, no one ever returned my email or my voice message. Finally pretending to place an order, I talke to the customer service lady and was promised that i would get my refund this past Monday Nov 3rd, still I don't see anything.

Finally I called the credit card company and started a dispute, it looks like this is the only way I can get my money back. At the same time, I filed a BBB compain.

While today, just browsing the Internet, i found this intersting blog.

Saturday, October 25, 2008
    VENDORS and CUSTOMERS BEWARE

CHICK DOWNTOWN looks to be the up and coming site to beat. WELL LOOKS ARE DECEIVING IN THIS CASE!!

The ownership or maybe the management feels being over demanding of vendors is acceptable. While completely having no regard for sales rules, feeling or needs of others. First off take time to search CHICK DOWNTOWN or chickdowntown.com on the web. Complaints from customers and vendors are numerous. You will find; Refunds by CHICK DOWNTOWN never being made and customer calls being ignored. Vendors like the company I work with receiving bad checks or payment far past-due. This is no way to operate a business. People and other companies need their money to. CHICK DOWNTOWN needs to realize that they are not special or above rules. MONEY TALKS!!! Bad Money talks louder!!! So before you buy from them make sure you use a credit card the refunds you returns. You will be paying interest on items before you get, if you get your money back for returns at CHICK DOWNTOWN.

The good news for customers is from the buzz in NY, CHICK DOWNTOWN will be having a going out of business sale real soon.

For vendors this means get your money now.

• Ka
    Katherine Nov 08, 2008

I placed an order for two dresses totalling $562 back on September 26. I received only 1 dress, with an invoice listing 2 dresses. I called to see if perhaps the 2nd dress was arriving in another shipment and was informed that it was not. They questioned me until they decided to research their side and realized after 20 minutes of putting me on hold the dress was backordered for 2 weeks. I requested an email confirmation stating the dress was backordered because online and on the invoice it looked like the order was fulfilled, Brandi said "She'd try." I never received an email, after waiting a month, I still didn't receive the dress. I've called them 3 times requesting a refund and all the time, being told it'll process in a few days. I'm contacting my credit card company. Also, the dress I did receive, didn't fit and I mailed it back. They received it on 10/3 and to date haven't processed it, also was told it'll be a few days during my prior 3 phone calls.

Still, being lured by their sales, I placed an order a couple of weeks ago for a dress. Upon receipt, the security tag was still on it. I contacted them and they said they would send me a shipping label and they would remove it. I never received a label and they weren't apologetic although I discovered the tag when I needed to wear it for an event. Fortunately, after searching the internet, I discovered a way to remove the tag with a lighter and a screw driver.

• Fr
    Frenchie Nov 23, 2008

I have shopped with www.chickdowntown.com a million times and i have never had the experience you people talk about! They are a great online boutique and are doing an amazing job! Their clothes are amazing, their customer service is great! If your not happy with them, Then don't order from them anymore! Stop being pussys and writing bad reviews about them just because you had one bad experience! They are always great with me and i have spent atleat 6-8000$ with them in the last year! And i will continue to order with them! Returning customers that arn't ### get treated very well! You can't expect to get a new pair of shoes when you wore them and they broke from your fat feet wearing them! So Stop ### and just buy a new pair!

• Pa
    Patty Nov 24, 2008

NEVER SHOP HERE!!
    1. while the customer service folks are friendly and try to be helpful, the policies are so unfriendly to the customers, i wonder who came up with them! no refunds on orders placed using a discount code, 10+ days for a refund to be "processed, " and ridiculous waiting periods for pre orders...the dates are always changing!!!

2. i have had to call/email no less than 6 times to check the status of my credit. as patient as i have tried to be, it has been over a month since i cancelled a pre order...an item i NEVER received. (who else even charges for pre orders before they ship?!)

3. why go through this hassle when i can get the same merchandise from shopbop or net-a-porter. the sales do not make chickdowntown a worthwhile shopping experience...you are essentially stuck with them once you click confirm order!

can someone say class action suit?! clearly i am not the only one who has been taken advantage financially by ms reed's boutique!

• R
    R Nov 26, 2008

I have to tell you that boutique to you is a terrible store. I had a bag fall apart and they would not take responsibility and I complained to the brand of the bag, and THEY ended up giving me a credit, not boutique to you, but the BRAND of the bag, which was linea pelle. So, if you hate stores that do not take merchandise back, which boutique to you will not take any handbags back at all, and damaged definately they will not take back even if it falls apart, never ever order from boutique toyou.com. I ordered from there for like a year and this happens one time and now I am done with that place. Just a warning.

• Te
    terri klein Dec 01, 2008

i love chickdowntown they have the most beautiful clothes and there customer service is the best they know me by name when i call and are always so helpful

Samantha Dec 03, 2008

Chickdowntown has great customer service. I'm the kind of shopper who is constantly returning things, and i have never had a problem. Plus, If the sandals broke, isnt that the designers fault? Chickdowntown does not manufacture shoes, they buy them from designers.

• Ka
    Kamela Dec 04, 2008

I've had only great experiences with chickdowntown.com. They've got an amazing selection and great prices. Plus, you can't beat free shipping! And I agree with Samantha--it would be the fault of the manufacturer if a product wasn't made well, not Chick. I can't wait for chickdowntownTV.com to launch--seeing designer labels actually modeled on video before making a purchase will make shopping with Chick easier and much more fun!

• Lu
    Lucy Dec 19, 2008

I agree that Chickdowntown is the worst company. With all their sales, I also presume they are going out of business soon for taking on too much inventory without enough knowledge on how to run a business. They NEVER return customer service emails or calls. They have terrible communication. Their site is awful to navigate and super slow. When you're lucky enough to get a hold of someone they're impatient and have an attitude. Save your money and shop elsewhere!

• La
    LAB Feb 09, 2009

I have waited over two months for a credit of $250. I was promise by one person that I would have it within 10 days. I am still waiting!!! I pre-ordered a pair of jeans that was suppose to come at the beginning of December by mid December I was told that I wouldn't have them until mid January and could cancel the order if I wanted. I am sure that they loved that I cancelled it...they didn't have to give the product AND they are keeping my money!

I have never dealt with a company so dishonest!!

• Ji
    jibberjabber Feb 12, 2009

Every online website that moves a lot of inventory has occasional problems ... type in victoria's secret complaints on google. I'm sure you all love to shop there.

Marcela Feb 12, 2009

i don't know where else i could find a black halo selection like chickdowntown--and often on sale too! i love love love seeing my outfits on E! or some tabloid for a celeb sporting the same thing i just bought from chickdowntown.

i've never had a bad experience, but then again--i never want to return anything!

• Ki
    kiki Feb 12, 2009

i'd have to say i was always skeptical when it came to online shopping. . .but when i ordered off of chickdowntown.com, i had no problems whatsoever. it was convenient and they helped me with my sizing questions. overall a great experience.

ps - marcela i love their huge selection of black halo too!

• Ph
    PHA21 Feb 12, 2009

This feels like an Ebay seller feedback war.

Remember, you're shopping ONLINE. There is always a risk. You click the button, and it's out of your hands. The same is true for Chickdowntown - and they cannot be at fault for damaged merchandise. If you're going to complain, bark at the middle man.

Chickdowntown offers customers one of the best collections of designer labels I have seen. They are a young company on the rise, and I do not believe their website's layout in ANY WAY detracts from the appeal of its clothing nor does it make the shopping experience unpleasant.

Be a mature online shopper- read the fine print before you click, and realize that Chickdowntown pleases MANY MORE customers than it disappoints.

• Of
    oftot09 Feb 13, 2009

I don't understand this at all! Chickdowntown.com has such an amazing selection of designer clothing and I have never had any problems with them.

And I agree with other people here...if you order online, there is always a risk. Chickdowntown tries to minimize the risk as much as possible, but they can't control how designers put their merchandise together. Blame the designer, not Chickdowntown.

They move a lot of merchandise so if they aren't as quick to respond as you'd like, give them a break. No one's perfect, and with Chickdowntown you are at least guaranteed a great selection of designer clothing you can't find anywhere else.

Jaz Feb 13, 2009

I love Chickdowntown's website, especially the video channel and the look book. I think that if you're going to order anything from the internet, you need to read the fine print and be careful. And like everyone else said, you can't blame chickdowntown, they have nothing to do with your shoes falling apart.

• Mm
    mmm Feb 16, 2009

losers...

just curious how much chickdowntown pay you to defend itself... I hope it is better than the lowest wage.

• Kc
    KCA Mar 03, 2009

mmm, I don't think it is fair to call people with a differing opinion "losers." There is no way of knowing someone's background from a web posting, so your accusations have no merit. Perhaps it'd be more beneficial to consumers if you'd give your opinion of the company rather than commenting on the opinion of others.

I think Chick is as reliable as any online retailer. There's always a risk, and for awesome clothes, I'm willing to take it.

I like that their website is sorted by designer or clothing type, and I appreciate their large selection and variety. Their lookbook and blog are helpful in making outfit purchasing decisions.

• Amy Reed Mar 16, 2009

As the owner of chickdowntown.com, I am extremely saddened by everything I have read. Over the last year, we have expanded extremely fast—from a small boutique in Pittsburgh, to an online retailer that gets over 6 million monthly page views—and it is upsetting to see how many people have been affected by our growing pains. Rapid increases in traffic, internal hiring mistakes, as well as supply issues have only escalated the problem.

I am, however, committed to making things right.

Over the last few weeks, I began personally implementing a series of steps to improve chickdowntown.com’s customer service. Part of this includes new inventory management systems and personal customer service representatives for each shopper. Most importantly, I am committed to ensuring that any outstanding customer complaints are properly resolved and hope that you will contact me directly with your concerns at [protected]@chickdowntown.com.

Although I have always been grateful for every single order, I now realize that this appreciation was not properly translated into our customer service. It is my intention to see that the same personal effort I take to hand-select each item and style each shoot also goes into taking care of the needs of our customers. I truly hope that you will give me that opportunity.

Amy

• De
    deanna Mar 30, 2009

THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY THE MOST HORRIBLE ONLINE STORE I HAVE HAD THE EXPERIENCE OF DEALING WITH----
    I HATE THEM SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN PUT IT INTO WORDS. SO HERE'S THE STORY-

they claimed a pair of jeans i ordered was on 'advanced order'- however, it didn't show this when i ordered them- so i wait the 3 weeks...no jeans. so i email them- and they tell me again, i have to wait another 3 weeeks--- no jeans...i even gave them a couple of weeks after that just to be nice...finally i decide to cancel the order...it is 14 days later, and they have yet to refund me!!!

### YOU CHICKDOWNTOWN. HOPE U ROT IN HELL.

• De
    deanna Mar 30, 2009

maybe AMY should spend less time defending herself on this site and more time filling the damn orders.

stop selling merchandise you don't have, you oily slut.

• Ea
    eapic Jun 19, 2009

I just placed my first order with ChickDowntown on Monday. Today is Friday and I have already received my purchase. I am in California and this was faster delivery service than I have ever received from Shopbop. Also, the items arrived neatly wrapped in tissue paper and in a nice box with a bow. In my experience with Shopbop the items usually arrive in soft packaging. Not a complaint, but I was impressed that ChickDowntown put in the extra effort to wrap my purchase in a box. Both items are great, just as pictured. I would definitely order from them again.

• Je
    JennsH Dec 21, 2009

My first and only experience with Chickdowntown.com was an awful one. I received my order on time but when I tried to return my order my emails and calls went into a black hole. I finally received a response after submitting a claim to the BBB Pittsburg. This is what they wrote back...

"From: Customer Service <[protected]@chickdowntown.com>
    Subject: Re: Purchased Item Return Issue Order Number [protected]
    To: "Jennifer H”
    Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 12:48 PM

Thank you for contacting chickdowntown.com. We appreciate your patience as the website is now under new management. I realize this may be frustrating for you as our customer. If you have emailed inquiring about a return or a refund I am sorry to say that you will be forced to take this up with your credit card company and file a dispute. This is not something that I wish to inform you of however at this time it is out of my hands. I will personally assist you as best I can and welcome you to email me directly. Please be patient with me during this transitioning period.

Sincerely,
    [protected]@#[email protected][email protected]"

This is not good customer service. Anyone who thinks so is severely mistaken. Customers beware!!!

• Fa
    FanK56 Dec 25, 2009

ChickDownTown has aweful customer service!!!

• So
    sophii Jan 04, 2010

ORDERED WATCH 12/12/09, CHARGED MY CARD. TODAY IS 1/4/10. STILL NO WATCH, NO REFUND. WILL BE CONTACTING THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS OR SAY A KIND WORD ABOUT CHICK DOWNTOWN.DONT BOTHER EMAILING THEM, ONCE THEY GET YOUR MONEY THEY RUN AND HIDE. BUYER BEWARE, SAVE YOURSELF THE MIGRAINE, THERE ARE PLENTY OF HONEST ONLINE STORES OUT THERE, THIS JUST ISN'T ONE OF THEM

• MG123 Jan 13, 2010

According to the Pittsburgh Live today: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_658851.html
    Chickdowntown has probablygone out of business.

I've gone on to their website many times over the past few days and when I click on the top menu bar all I get is this message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '[protected]'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database "chickm" requested by the login. The login failed.

/includes/functions.asp, line 17
    ****************************************************************

There is a website that has tracked Amy Reed down and this is Amy's new website (notice that she's running this website prior to Chickdowntown going down):

I hope you all get your money back. A am so sorry for what's happened.