ChemistDirect.co.uk Logo

ChemistDirect.co.uk

Having problems with ChemistDirect.co.uk?

+44 121 541 1800 (Customer Service)
Unit 1A, Junction 2 Industrial Estate, Demuth Way
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

lost parcel

I ordered some items on February 22nd costing 62.54 Euros. For some unexplained reason the address on check out read Heard Island instead of Greece. The parcel has not arrived 5 weeks later and when I contacted customer service they said that the address is incorrect and it is lost. They said that when it is re delivered back to them they will refund me.
I keep asking them to locate it and track its whereabouts but they are not replying. I find this very unprofessional and very suspicious.

Very poor service.

Terrible service. I purchased personal pills from ChemistDirect. I was expecting it to be delivered within few days. Their customer service rep assured me I'll receive my pills in time. But they deliverer my order to the wrong address. I went online to check the status of my order and it said „delivered”. I immediately sent a message to their customer support and explained what happened. I was so angry because I had some serious health issues and I needed those pills. They promised to help and promised to contact me later. Few weeks passed and I purchased the same pills from another store. Three weeks passed since I ordered and I finally received my pills! Their service is ridiculous!

Under no circumstances do I recommend this site

Made an order over 2 wks ago. First, didn't have the stock in order although only found this out when chasing it up, finally got a delivery confirmation without a valid tracking number. Finally rang & spoke to someone, then rang the delivery company, money is out of my account but no goods & delivery company do not even have the goods to deliver. Finally decided that I do not want the goods & instead want full refund but not until www.chemistdirect.co.uk ($#*! customer service) contact delivery company & warehouse. Don't care about that. Had my £££££ nearly 2 wks before I get my refund & IT IS MY MONEY. Under no circumstances do I recommend this site. Bunch of cowboys!!!

• Tp
    tpsvca Dec 11, 2009

Everything looks fine, but chemistdirect.co.uk is incapable to ship the order in the terms they provide! They provide Europe Union shipping in 6-7 days, but after almost 3 weeks they even not dispatched the goods from warehouse! So think twice before post the order!

• Ro
    Robert White123 Jun 27, 2011

I Purchased some medication from chemistdirect.co.uk when I was due to go away and they delivered it to me when I got back. What a useless company. The CEO Mr. Soma is a pratt! He does not have a clue about how to look after customers and just I would never use these guys gain. They should change the name from chemistdirect.co.uk to chemistindirect.co.uk!!!

Very bad web site, do not order anything from them

Very bad web site, do not order anything from them, they say they dispatch the items within 24 hours but it's been 10 days and still no items dispatched. I complained i.e phoned them 3 times, promised to deliver the goods, but still waiting. Do not bother with them, better go to boots, and they say they are cheaper than boots, but they are not, on the contrary, they are more expensive than boots.

Resolved Negligence

Chemist Direct (chemistdirect.co.uk) and Direct Chemist (directchemist.com) are not to be trusted...

London Credit Cards

Resolved none delivery of goods

I ordered goods from Chemist Direct on 12/2/18 The order was paid for by credit card the site had padlock and the usual blurb. I have not received gooods or repliesto my emails except to say the order is being processed

• Je
    JeanneC Feb 25, 2010

I think these people are "just" hopeless at communicating what is going on rather than complete con artists. I ordered £60 worth of goods on 25 Jan. It took 3 weeks for half the order to be delivered. I'm still awaiting the rest of it. They have NEVER replied to any of my emails. I have phoned a couple of times and their standard response they will "escalate" the order (whatever that is?!). I'm about to phone them again today to chae up my order (on the one month anniverary of placing it).
    I have learnt from this experience (and various other companies in the past): saving money isn't everything and good customer service is worth the little extra it costs. And never, ever, ever, place another order with Chemist Direct.

• Gm
    gmat Dec 08, 2010

They don’t reply to emails and the twice I telephoned them both times they hung up, will never use them again and would advise others not to.

Resolved Non delivery of goods

I've placed an order on the 13rd January for more than £200... On the 19th received an email regarding an item that was not in stock and will delay the order, but It would be solved by the 25th.
On the 25th nothing happened... Contacted them on the 27th by email, to request the order to be shipped without that missing item... No reply...
Send another message on the 31st... No reply...
Finally, through their liveperson service, they told me they would "prioritize my order", but the order was not completed and it would take up to 7 working days for shipping...
I canceled this order and will never buy from them again... I bought some items that I need for my vacations, 3 weeks before traveling but I could not get them...

If you buy from them, please be patient waiting for your order... And forget about email, looks like they only use it one-way - to send you messages, but never read what you send them...

Copy of the final chat transcript:
Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationAll operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationWelcome to Chemist Direct customer services. A representative will be with you shortly. Please note our representative is not a pharmacist and is unable to provide healthcare advice or product recommendations. Please call [protected] if you would like to speak to our Pharmacy team.

Customer Professional 2: Good Afternoon, you are through to customer service how may I assist?

Luis Domingues: Hello

Luis Domingues: I'm contacting regarding my order [protected]

Customer Professional 2: How can i help you?

Luis Domingues: I've placed this order on the 13rd January.

Luis Domingues: I've contacted your support a number of times.

Luis Domingues: Without getting any reply from you.

Customer Professional 2: Can you please hold the line whilst I check that for you.

Luis Domingues: I'd like to know why is this taking sooooooo long

Luis Domingues: ok

Customer Professional 2: Just one moment and i will check for you

Customer Professional 2: Thank you for your enquiry. I can only apologise for the delay with this order. Your order has been ticketed up to the warehouse and will be dealt with as quickly as possible. If there is any problems we will email you back shortly to let you know.

Luis Domingues: I need to have this by Thursday, otherwise I'd rather cancel this order.

Luis Domingues: I'm travelling Friday.

Luis Domingues: I've also asked for separate shipping of the item that delayed this order...

Customer Professional 2: I will raise this as a high priority for you, and have this order dispatched for you as soon as we can

Luis Domingues: This order is to be shipped to Portugal... Do you think it will arrive on time?

Customer Professional 2: Delivery to the EU can take up to 7 working days

Luis Domingues: ok, better cancel it as it will never be here on time...

Customer Professional 2: Just one moment and i will cancel this order for you

Luis Domingues: It's a shame to have to cancel this order after waiting for more than 2 weeks!

Luis Domingues: I would like to file a complaint regarding this. Is there a specific email address I can send it to?

Customer Professional 2: I do apologies for the delay with this order. I can now confirm that this has been cancelled for you

Customer Professional 2: You can send an email to [protected]@chemistdirect.co.uk

Luis Domingues: Ok, that's the same address I've contacted before, without getting any reply. That's useless..

Customer Professional 2: Once we have received this email, then we will file this as a complaint and you will receive a response

Luis Domingues: My last email to this address was on the 27th... Still no reply... I'll try to reach you by other means.

Luis Domingues: Thanks

Customer Professional 2: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Luis Domingues: no, thanks.

Luis Domingues: bye

• Li
    lis6 Jul 06, 2010

same thing happening to me right now

• Li
    lis6 Jul 06, 2010

THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW

• Su
    Sunrisesunset Aug 20, 2012

The same thing is happening to me too. Don't let them get you. I'm not. They're denying that they took the money, but I've got proof in my bank account that they did.

• Ya
    yan wu Mar 03, 2014

chemistdirect.co.uk, Order Date: Feb 28, 2014 Order Number: 177172-12243
    i paid for 2 quantities of “Aptamil 1+” ,but they just send me 1 quantity,and charge more for shipping ;nobody told me that they would only send me 1 quantity and i have been restricted by them ,and if they had check with me about the despatch ,i definitely wouldn't buy anything on their web site,i would say no ! NO ! NO!
    ①. Everybody can add 2quantity “Aptamil 1+” into the shopping basket,and even i have paid for 2 quantity(6 boxes in total), but you just send me one quantity
    ②. Don't tell now about restriction,because Nobody told me before ,or there is no regulation on your page site,
    . you just delete one quantity of my order without informing,and charge me more for the Shipping
    ④. you changed my order ,took off my 5% discount coupon,charge me more
    ⑤. i paid more but get less
    don't apologize, all i need is my original order ,2 quantities of Aptamil 1+ (6 boxes intotal),or return my money of the missed 3 Aptamil 1+(35.97 GBP) andreturn the reasonable shipping fee

please deal with thisproblem

• Ba
    banker27 Jun 12, 2014

same happened to me do not use this company

• Ol
    olli__ May 30, 2015

This is their way to run business. It sucks. I've also a customer in some German online pharmacies and the service and speed of shipping is 1st class, but this Chemist Direct online pharmacy is a shame to UK. I haven't received my purchased items ( I placed the order in the beginning of April 2015, now it's 30th May, no items, no refund), and they agreed that the shipment has got lost in transit. They asked me if I want the re-ship the items or refund, I chose refund, they won't pay. Maybe the domestic clients in UK do receive their ordered goods, for any foreigners I recommend NOT to buy from them. They really suck.

Resolved Non shipping of goods

This webstore is a bunch of fools, ask them for tha avaiability, they say yes we have in stock, Even on ordering the goods they accept the payment but then do not ship and later send partial refunds which never match with the goods sent or not sent, Ask them for details they are unable to provide the correct details, a nd keep saying order under process, lazy website with uneductaed team personnel, No body is responsible and relaible.Had a horrible experience in ordering with them,

• Tp
    tpsvca Dec 11, 2009

• Lu
    Luis Domingues Feb 01, 2010

Totally agree with you! I have been waiting for my order for two weeks, emailed their support service without any reply... After almost three weeks "order being processed"...