CHECKFREE.COMchanging website without prior notification

H

Why wasn't I notified of a change in your website. I always pay my bills on the first of the month and I can't get into your website to pay my bills and this will make them late. You COULDN'T pick a better time to update your website. Like maybe after 12p.m. in the middle of week or month?????????? The first and last of month are usually when we Senior citizens pay our bills. LOUSY MANAGEMENT on your part.
Respectfully

Helen Wilson

• Da
    Dan Dec 03, 2008

Helen there wasn't a change, their site was hacked you silly bint.

Anonymous Dec 03, 2008

whats a bint? you mean tosser?

Anonymous Dec 03, 2008

a bint is a naive women

• Sc
    Scott Dec 04, 2008

It's your own fault if your Bills are late. Checkfree allows you to schedule your Bills to be paid whenever you want. Configure it so that each Bill's minimum payment is paid automatically and you'll never be late. Then on Bill's you want to pay more than the minimum send an additional payment of the desired amount.

• Am
    AmazingOrganics Dec 11, 2008

My biggest complaint, and I believe I am certainly justified, is that it took 9 days (Thursday 12-11-2008 9:07 AM) for CheckFree to get around to sending me an email, to alert me of the situation. By then, I'd say if what I have read is true (my financial information may have been compromised), people could have had a field day on me.

What do companies think. As long as they notify a person, prior to their death, it's acceptable.

• Pe
    PECO Bill Payer Feb 07, 2009

I NEVER received an email notifying me of the "Important Information Regarding your Bill Payment Service" notice awaiting me in the Messages section of their website.

IMHO, the subject line "Important Information Regarding your Bill Payment Service" doesn't begin to suggest the appropriate urgency of the message's content. Perhaps "Important Information Regarding a Security Breach of your Bill Payment Service" would have been a little bit more eye-catching.

Because I only use CheckFree to pay my utility bill, and I had already scheduled the December & January payments, I didn't see the notice until February 5th, or if I did, nothing about the subject line screamed "MUST READ NOW - URGENT".