ChantelsBakeryOnline.comHorrible wedding cake experience

U

BRIDES BEWARE!!! Do not use Chantel's Cakes there cakes are horrible!!! Don't let them fool you! It tastes great in the shop (because it's fresh on the spot) but at the wedding it tasted like a dry Duncan Heinz .99 special at Walmart!

My wedding cake was NOTHING like I tasted when I was in the shop. It was SUPER DRY ! They also cheeped out in the icing because most of the surface was covered with plastic - so DISAPPOINTING! Only 30% of the cake was covered in THIN layer of icing. I mean come on, I know gas is expensive today but to compensate your pain at the pump on a BRIDE!!!

Dennis also forgot our layer of CHOCOLATE!!! OMG! - i spent a lot of money on having menu's printed up and he forgot the chocolate layer - I could hear people saying, "where's the chocolate?... that was on the menu" - ARG!! I was humiliated (maybe you don't think its a big deal - but wait for your big day and this happens!), and what was I going to do... ask for a $10 refund when the damage was already done?

There prices are fair but that reflects the quality of the food - just plain fair. BRIDES BEWARE!!!

• Bi
    bigsmellyman Jul 21, 2008

Your complaint is useless to me. Only fools get married. Wedding cake is for losers.

• Sr
    Srajan1 Sep 03, 2008

This is quite odd; this place was highly recommended by my wife's co-workers. We ordered one for her Birthday, and ever since, for the past two years that we have lived here, on every occasion that we have had (B'days, anniversaries, etc), we have always gone for their 8" black forest cake.

Never have been disappointed.