Ceres Plaza Apartments Logo

Ceres Plaza Apartments

Having problems with Ceres Plaza Apartments?

Ceres Plaza Apartments reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 15, 2010. The latest review Uninhabitable apartment was posted on Nov 15, 2010. The latest complaint Uninhabitable apartment was resolved on Nov 15, 2010. Ceres Plaza Apartments has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 1 reviews. Ceres Plaza Apartments has resolved 1 complaints.

Ceres Plaza Apartments Customer Service Contacts

1459 E Lassen Ave
Chico, California

Ceres Plaza Apartments Complaints & Reviews

Ceres Plaza ApartmentsUninhabitable apartment

I rented an apartment at Ceres Plaza Apartments at 1459 E. Lassen in Chico CA in good faith and paid $645 for both rent and security deposit. When I moved in the apartment was filthy. There was a thick layer of tacky/sticky black and orange soot/film on everything. It took me a week to clean most of it off. Once the surface was clean I found burn stains and clumps of black and orange gunk throughout the kitchen and around the stove. Within a few days of inhabiting the apartment I became aware of a noxious odor that pervaded the areas outside my apartment area. The smell began to permeate my apartment as well and I became deathly ill. I reported the problem to the manager but it continued to get worse. I reported it to the police and public health department but they told me it takes time to investigate. In the meantime, I was forced to move out because my health continued to be adversely effected. I asked for my money back since the apartment was uninhabitable, but I was told that they couldn't do that. They broke the lease since the apartment was uninhabitable. A good faith and good will gesture would require they return all monies I spent since I honored my lease agreements in good faith and they did not.