ceremoniesceremonia.vpweb.eswedding fraud

BUYER BEWARE-SEE THIS OLIVE PRESS ARTICLE ABOUT THE MAN BEHIND THIS WEBSITE AND SEE ALICANTECELEBRANT.COM

Rev ruined our gay nuptials in Spain

PUBLISHED: March 22, 2012 at 10:31 am • LAST EDITED: March 26, 2012 at 12:26 am
Andalucia, Malaga • 5 Comments
• ACCUSED: Rev Malcolm McClean
A GAY couple have accused a wedding planner of vanishing owing them 2, 000 euros.

Thomas Cahalan, 49, and Nicholas Nelson, 52, called in police over claims that Malcolm McClean – who claims to be a reverend – pocketed their cash without fulfilling his obligations.

The Irish couple claim McClean’s company Gay Weddings Nerja failed to organise the Madrid leg of their nuptials in 2009.

It came after ‘Rev Father McClean’ organised a ceremonial wedding for the couple in Sevilla. But the legal service in Madrid never took place.

“We obviously wouldn’t have done this unless we were going to be legally married in Spain, ” Cahalan told the Olive Press.

“He failed to complete his contractual obligations and yet he had the chutzpah to use our celebration photo on his website.

The pair – who last year became one of Ireland’s first gay couples to enter a Civil Partnership – are not the only ones owed money.

Elaine Walker, an Interfaith Minister, claims McClean owes her 600 euros for conducting the service, while musician Matt McGirk claims he is owed 400 euros.

“He told me he had been mugged and all the money had been stolen including the money from the wedding couple, ” said Walker, who lived in Andalucia for seven years.

“I paid for his evening meal and he reassured me I would be paid within the month.

“I kept trying for several months but his mobile was disconnected and my emails were not answered, ” she added.

McGirk, 41, from Fuengirola added: “He told us all the same story, that he had been mugged. He is well out of order.”

Another gay English couple also claim they are owed money over a similar case.

But they have asked to remain anonymous as they are expecting to receive ‘a major refund shortly’.

The Olive Press was unable to contact McClean but in an email sent to the anonymous couple he said: “I have cooperated fully with the police and the authorities and there is no criminal case to answer.”

Did you like this? Share it:

Reader Comments »

A. Nonymous
March 22nd, 2012 3:18 pm

Dear Sirs – whilst your journalists may feel that using the word “bent” and “gay” as you headline for this story on the front page of your newspaper is wiity, I can assure you that I find it offensive. Many “straight