Central Refrigerated Service Inc Logo

Central Refrigerated Service Inc

Having problems with Central Refrigerated Service Inc?

Central Refrigerated Service Inc Customer Service Contacts

5175 W 2100 S
Salt Lake City, Utah

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Central Refrigerated Service Inc Customer Service. Initial Central Refrigerated Service Inc complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Central Refrigerated Service Inc above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Central Refrigerated Service Inc. Discuss the issues you have had with Central Refrigerated Service Inc and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Central Refrigerated Service Inc Complaints & Reviews

Central RefrigeratedDriver Negligence Result in Cracked Windshield

On June 23, 2011 at 3:20pm, I was traveling on Highway 2 headed to work. This truck driver driving for Central Refrigerated, flew past me in the opposite direction, speeding like heck, when he veered off into the dirt road. As a result, a rock flew up and hit my windshield, I turned around and followed the driver. When we got back to his place of employment, the driver got out of his truck and when I told him what he did, his only response, was "So, Man what do you expect me to do about it". First of all, I'm a woman he was talking too and to have the I don't care its not my problem attitude was uncalled for. I then asked for the manager, and he came out listened to what I had to say and gave me a business card asking me to call someone else? Really, this manager didn't know how to handle this type of situation? What really got me, was when the shop maintenance staff came out to see what was going on, they began laughing at me, like it was a joke. What happened to asking if someone was ok? I took pictures of the smashed windshield and damage to my vehicle along with geting the drivers name, tractor/trailer information and asked for copies of the drivers paperwork to ensure he was completing proper pre/post trip inspections, had checked his tire air pressure, and had correct tire tread depts and ensuring he had a safe vehicle to drive. After I was rudely denied this information that is private, according to risk management, I was rudely told today that this company is self insured and will not replace my window. Fact of the matter, its not their problem. This company has nerve to call themselves a professional trucking company in the transportation industry. Obviously they had something to hide. THE TRUTH!!!

• Lm
      lmafo Feb 17, 2012

To the answer above. Where is your car so I can throw a rock at it and see how you feel to pay for a new windshield or repair??? ###

• Do
      Dougie Boy Jan 06, 2011

Well, there you have Robert. Stop talking to your mom!

• Ro
      Robert934527 Mar 26, 2010

I worked hard to get my permit and I wanted to get out there on the road. Central droped me after 4 weeks in class do to something i was telling my mom at her home where i made the phone call to get my bus ticket . Now I am out of a job and no income .

Central RefrigeratedOwner Operator

My message is more an inquiry than just a complaint. The thing is my husband is the actual driver. But, I say we went into this thing in the blind because it affects our whole family. He has been driving for Central since January. He went straight through from Comapny driver to Owner Operator because he was advised that is where the money is. His plan was to become a trainer after putting in his owner operator time; well they are no longer taking on new trainers. So, he has been driving as an owner operator: has switched dispatchers twice due to lack of mileage, then the truck broke down-he has driven multiple weeks to receive negative checks or minimal checks because the company always takes the truck payment and repairs leaving him no pay. I just want to know is this standard procedure to work and not get paid. If not, can anyone direct us to a lawyer. At this point I just want him to be relased from working for them and not have to continue to pay for the truck, etc. Please only respond with serious and helpful answers. Thanks

• It
        It figures... Aug 18, 2010

Unfortunately, this sounds like most trucking companies. They feed you a line about incredible pay, home time, etc., then you realize that it's not all they say it is. They do this to keep drivers on the road, making money for the company. If your husband continues as OO, he will have to be on the road almost non-stop to make a check in the positive. Did he sign a contract with the company? Do you have a copy? Read it from beginning to end. If it is too difficult to understand, get a lawyer to have a look at it for you.

My husband has been a truck driver for 22 yrs. He is a company driver, but still treated essentially the same way. They don't care about their employees, they only care about the bottom line...money! In 22 yrs my husband has missed work on two occasions. When he returned to work after being in the hospital for two weeks and was released by the dr, his employer told him he might need to look for another job since he couldn't show up for two weeks.

Good Luck !!