Central Coast NutraAcai Pure Product

B

I too ordered the free trial of AcaiPure from this company. I was supposed to pay the shipping and handling of $4.95 only but they charged my credit card the amount of $44.85. This is a total scam. I ordered the product, was charged by this company, and never received the product in the mail and they will not refund my money because they claim the product has been sent out. Please don't anyone else fall for this scam. Don't give out your credit card number or checking account number to this company.

• Je
    Jessica Johnson Oct 10, 2008

I wanted to try a free 14 day trial of the Acai Berry Nutra & it was suppose to be only $4.95. They charged my card $44.95. This is complete ###. I called & can not get anyone on the phone to talk to me. You can only email them. That suer won't get me my money back.

• So
    Sonia Oct 11, 2008

I ordered a free trail for $4.95 and my credit card was charged $44.95
    This company will not be in business very long!!! Let's make sure of that.

Joyce Friz Oct 13, 2008

I found a charge of $41.95 on my credit card from this company. I DIDN'T order anything from you, or did I receive anything from you. Please issue a full credit to my account

• To
    Tom Oct 14, 2008

I attempted to order a product at a 1.00 price and a 3.oo shipping charge. My credit was charged FOUR TIMES instantly at a cost of 42.85. I tried to call the company and spent more thn 30 minutes being transferred between operators who were always busy and never was able to talk to a real person. Mostly I listened to music.

I e-mailed them but have had no response. This is obviously a "boiler room" operation where they overcharge you and ignore your calls or e-mails couting on either dodging returning your money or at least delaying as long as they can while they have the use of your money.

STAY AWAY...STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE RIP OFF ARTISTS

• Ds
    D. Sullivan Oct 15, 2008

Total fraud...Central Coast Nutraceuticals, Inc...they charged my card for more than ever authorized, sent 3 shipments in 2 week period that were never ordered, do not answer phone or emails.
    the one time I did get an answer they hung up pn me! I will return shipments via UPS so I can track the return, I will call my credit card company and dispute charges and request a new card!
    STAY AWAY!

• Ta
    Tammy Dixon Oct 15, 2008

i ordered the AcaiPure and the advertisment was 4.95. When I recieved the package and checked my account I had been charged 44.95. i called and they said I failed to check no on the other items. I did not see anywhere to check no. It is a rip-off and I want my money back. I sent the items back. I called and got a RMN or whatever it was called. Now put my money back in my account.

• Tr
    Tricia Oct 17, 2008

I was over charged for the Pomclear and the Acaipur.
    This company is ripping people off and geting by with it. Someone needs to put a stop to this.

• La
    LAURA HIGGINS Oct 19, 2008

I have had the same problem with this Co.
    I have filed a complaint with the BETTER
    BUISNESS BUREAU
    I THINK EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THIS CO. SHOULD DO THE SAME!!!
    THEY CLAIM THAT THEY STATE CLEARLY, THE
    CONSUMERS KNEW WHAT THEY WERE GETTING INTO
    THIS COMPANY IS OBVIOUSLY, NOT UP FRONT AND HONEST. OR THEY WOULDN'T BE DOING BUISNESS THE WAY THEY DO
    NO WHERE DID I SEE THAT I WAS GONNA BE CHARGED $9.95 FOR GUM!!!or $29.95 for water
    (BE SERIOUS).
    NOR $29.95 FOR A SMALL BOTTLE OF WATER
    (GET REAL)

janet Oct 19, 2008

same as everybody else. charged for things I never received.

• Ju
    judybright Oct 20, 2008

i ordered a free sample at a $1.95 shipping and handling a gpt a bill for $44.95 i don"t have that money and i will be in trouble with the bank customer service please call me ayt 1-812-967-5079

• St
    stacy Oct 22, 2008

I did the very same thing on 09/04/08. On 10/09/08 they took another $39.95 out of my account. None of this was authorized.

• Au
    Aurea Cepeda Oct 27, 2008

I like the others ordered a trial offer of the Green Tea extreme for $1.00 and they charged my account $48.95 and send me things that I did not ordered and can't use because of health issues. I have tried calling them and can't get anyone. E-mailed them to get the RMA number to return these things and they do not get back to me now I just got charged again $38.95 without my permission. What can I do?

• Pa
    Patricia Bayliss Oct 27, 2008

I was charged on my bank account for a product I did not order. I am demanding a full refund in total of $44.85. I have already notified my local bank of this occurence.

• Li
    Linda Stewart Oct 28, 2008

I have a charge on my credit card and I do not remember ordering anything from this company and I would like my money back. CANCELL ! THE ORDER

joanne rosenthal Oct 28, 2008

I ordered a sample and then received an order which i did not order!!! i am calling my credit card company and centracoast nutra to inform them of this practice...it is very annoying to have to take my time and loose money on un-ordered items...i would think this was illegal or at lease poor business practice...

• Pl
    Plain angry Oct 30, 2008

I can now get at a store what Pomclear can't give me. Freedom to get the product at will and according to my pockectbook. Pomclear does not send re-oder forms for the product, but do have order forms for their other products. Instead you are automatically enrolled to receive monthly orders and charges. I did e-mail and got a cancellation reply. We will see in a month. I still await a response for a return authorization. The good news is I found a similar product who lent it's product for clinical testing and reviews. It is also available in stores. Pom Wonderful can be researched on line and found in stores.

• Ca
    carrie Oct 31, 2008

this company is a scam. they will take unauthorized money out of your account . YOU CAN NOT REACH ANYBODY AT THE NUMBERS THEY PROVIDE. EITHER BUSY OR ON HOLD!!!

• Am
    Ambrose E LeVan Nov 04, 2008

This is the worst rip off I have ever encountered and thus far I have not been able to reach anyone to try and rectify it. They require a return confirmation number but you can't make contact to get it. Same experience as other, long waiting time is qouted and still no response and then they just hang up when time is expended. No answer to "E" mail either. I canoot find a way toformally cancel. How we get organized Government intervention to stop this racket/ any ideas.

• Ke
    Kelly Nov 05, 2008

I too was scammed by this company. I placed an order for a trail offer of Pomclear, which according to their advertisement was to cost only $4.95 (shipping/handling). My checking account was charged $44.80!!! I immediately emailed the company that I wanted to stop the order. I got no response to my email. I tried calling them, but their automated system stated that my hold time would be 35 minutes!!! I then called my bank and placed a stop on the charge, but had to have a new debit card issued. When I read all of the complaints about this company, I knew I had been dooped!

• Ki
    kim Nov 07, 2008

Total Scam! Apparently the $1.95 I paid was for a 14 day trial. They sent a 60 capsule supply. When I called, they said I had to return the unused portion to:

CNN in Returns
    12399 Belcher rd., South
    Suite 140
    Largo, FL 33773

We shall see if I get the $39.95 back that they charged me for the extra amount they sent. They said that once they receive the unused portion, they will refund the money.

The phone # is 888-692-8352, but you will be on hold FOREVER!!!

• Tr
    Tricia Hill Nov 07, 2008

I have also fell victim to the same scheme and have sent them numerous emails along with not being able to get anyone on the phone. My next step is to file a complaint with the Office of the Inspector General in Phoenix, AZ. This obviously is a scam.

• Sh
    Sherlaine Pitts Nov 09, 2008

I am experienceing what everyone else is experiencing. I ordered a product which only should have been $4.95, but my card was charged an additional $33.32. I will get to the bottom of this. This is against the law. I am currently in law enforcement and believe me when I say they won't get away with this.

• St
    stacy Nov 11, 2008

I emailed the better business bureau in Arizon with my complaint. Central coast nutra responded right with them along with an rma number. So far I have only beenable to stop them from taking more money out of my account. Email your complaints and lets stop them from ripping off others. I am still trying to get my money back.

marketta dillahunt Nov 12, 2008

can you please cancell my account? My account # is 1662986

Andy Nov 12, 2008

My wife made the same mistake these other people made and ordered the trial basis for $4.95 and was charged the $44.85 instead.

We emailed them and there was no return.

I called them and got the one hour wait on the phone, which is completely ridiculous and obvious BS!

I suggest to everyone that you contact the Phoenix, AZ Attorney General office at 602-542-5025.

The guy's name who supposed runs this company is Graham Gibson, but it could be an alias, which it probably is.

Definitely call though, this guy is a CROOK!

• De
    Denise Johnston Nov 13, 2008

Ordered product with "Frre Trail" before trail came drafted account twice.
    returned sample and requested trail. No respobnse. Drafted from bank 3rd time. Attempted to obtain RMA (returned merchandise authorization) as required and can never get a person. Have returned all products, Probably will have to close bank accpunt. Rip Off, Scam.

• Pa
    Paige Phelps Nov 13, 2008

I did the same thing, in which I was to receive the trial offer for only $4.95 and was charged $44.95. And now I was sent another bottle, in which I do not want because the Acai Pure is not working for me. I would like these charges taken off my card also. I want to send the bottle I received today back and get a full refund. My order #1498826, but I am supposed to get delivery confirmation and an RMA number from Customer Care. I too received items I did not want or order.
    Paige

• La
    Larry Gray Nov 14, 2008

Thought I was being charged 4.99 for a free trial and an additional 78.81 was taken from my bank account. This company is stealing from its customers and needs to be put out of business. Now it looks like I will need to close my bank account to assure that this can not happen again. Anyone reading this who has yet to order anything from this company please be advised to not do business with them or you will be in the same boat as everyone else on this complaint board...

• Es
    Esmeralda Beato Nov 17, 2008

I agree with Ms. Bayliss my order was suppose to be free and they send me an additional product that was not advertised and I have been charged 3 times already. I have only received the product 2 times eventhough I never requested the product to be sent to me. I try calling but no one picks up. I had to close my bank account to avoid further withdrawals from my account. If anyone knows how I can file a complaint and get my money back please email me. Thanks.

• Be
    Betty N Nov 17, 2008

Yep...they'll get you! I ordered two trial offers. On the second one I noticed i had to UNCHECK the boxes. SO...the first order went thru with the boxes checked. I attempted contact, too. No answer. I called my credit card company and told them. THe charges had gone thru for both offers. I do have to say that on the order where I unchecked the boxes I was only charged for the trial offer, $5.95. The other order was $45.95. The credit card company cancelled my card so no further charges could be made. I'm pretty sure that once that trial period was over I would have on-going charges that I could never get rid of. So...that's how I solved the problem Cancel the card and the credit card company will probably give you credit for those unapproved charges, which they did for me.

I got sucked in to this scam from a testimonial that appeared to be independent of any company. I noticed on the Central Coast Nutra website that they have a "make Money" link. I'm wondering if by putting your testimonial out there and have people click through that way if the person making the testimonial is getting a cut of what is ordered on the click throughs. Did that make sense?

Anyway...don't do it. I know if it's too good to be true it probably is and everyone wants to rip us off these days. How can they sleep? Their someday will come. Bad karma.

• Valerie Nov 27, 2008

I purchased a free sample of Colon Pure (for a 2 week supply) and I was charged 4.95 for shipping and handling. Then about 4 weeks later my credit card was charged 38.95. I did not authorize this charge, nothing else came and I have made numerous attempts to contact this company and when I call their is an answering machine that comes on and you are unable to speak to a live person. I have left messages and no response. I have also made several attempts with no luck to contact them by email also with the same result. How can companies just rip people off and get away with it? This is theft.

• Da
    David Thomas Nov 29, 2008

I have experienced the same thing...requested the free offer...pay shipping of $4.95 only...turned out it took $44.95 from my checking account
    three (3) times...no answer at phone numbers listed just a recording that says wait time 78 minutes or may not be able to reach by land phone...ect. Just sends you in a loop. Of course you can not return w/o a confirmation and RMA number from customer service which you can not reach. It really is a scam...but no one does anything to stop them...so I am sure this will continue. I even got items I did not order, did not even have them posted on the site. So I will say please cancel, I have already taken the hit..order numbers 1593528, 1593488 and 1593504...I too will have to close my bank account.

• Su
    Sue Dec 01, 2008

I am not usually so careless and do not normally order things online that I do not know about - but I ordered the Acupure and Acaipure and Colopure "FREE" trial offers and was to only pay the shipping on each. When I saw my credit card billed for $44.85 and $45.85 I sent an email demanding a refund for the overcharge. I went back to the site to review and lo behold! the site is a con! There are additional products listed on the site that are checked automatically and if you do not want them you must UNCHECK them. A reputable company would have you check them if you wanted them - not uncheck if you do not. So unless you are really paying attention and reading every little thing including an area that you are not interested in - you would not have seen it! I have not received any refund of anything and it has been two weeks!
    We learn from our mistakes!!! And I sure did!!!

• Un
    unspoken Dec 02, 2008

i have yet to recieve a product.

• Br
    Brian Mallon Dec 02, 2008

Like the others, I availed myself of their 'free' offer. It was AcaiPure diet suppliment. I, however, SAW the checked boxes and unchecked them. Still, I was billed $44.95 instead of the $4.95 I authorized. This further incurred an overdraught charge of $28. from my bank. I wrote to them, and sent back the un-asked-for products, and heard nothing from them. NOw they've done it again, charging me a further $39.00 and again incurring an overdraught charge of $28.00. This is outrageous. Is this site for real? Is it just a place to let off steam? Every one of these messages recounts an illegal theft. Why has noone stopped them?

• Cy
    cyna Dec 05, 2008

Unfortunately I was victimized as well. I did receive the product from the initial 'order', which was supposed to be free with the exception of shipping. However, I was charged an additional $39.95 a month later when I did not make a second 'order'. I called the company only to receive a recording stating the wait time was 55 mins and 35 seconds. Since this company is clearly a scam I simply called my bank and closed out the card (even though it is inconvenient now, it will save me heartache down the road) and ordered a new debit card. For those of you that may think this is extreme, just think about this company having continuous access to your debit card # and you not having a way to contact them. I doubt seriously if I'd waited the 55 mins and 35 seconds that I would have ever received a customer service rep.

• Ro
    rogersband Dec 09, 2008

I ordered the free trial of the acia and colon detox. I was suppose to pay $1.00 plus shipping and like many of you they said that I ordered the Hoodia gum and water. I was charged $44.95 two times and I call them and held the phone for 1 hour. The girl that finally answered said that I would have to wait for the product to come in and then call for a RMA. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said that the supervisor was busy. Then proceeded to hang up on me. So I waited for the product and when I tried to call I couldn't get through. So I emailed them. They did respond to my email and gave me an RMA but tried to convince me to keep the product. They said if I still choose to send it back that I didn't need to do anything else to cancel the membership. They said that the email would serve as my cancellation. So I sent the product back on Nov. 23, 2008
    Now on Dec. 6th there is another charge coming out of my bank account for $39.95. I sent an email 3 days ago with no response. I don't always have enough money in my account to cover someone pulling out money so if they catch my account at a bad time then it will cause checks to bounce. Can someone give advice on what to do????

Janet Dec 15, 2008

Completely unethical and misleading. Connection by phone impossible as 'operator' states that wait times are 2+ hours. Contact by web site is unsatisfactory and mostly unresponsive. THIS IS A SCAM.

• El
    Eleonore Dec 19, 2008

I signed up for a 'free trial' just pay shipping of $4.95. Well, they charged my account $38.95 for one product and $39.95 for another product.

So, on 11-26-08, I wrote them to cancel my membership and they offered me a reduction in price if I stayed on. I said no. And they said there will no more shipments. But 12-8-08 they took another $38.95 and another $39.95.

I have all the emails to back this up.

• Su
    sugabutt4u Dec 29, 2008

Even fighting this with the bank will result in absolutely nothing. There are 2 companies that coincide with each other. Fit-factory and cnnnutra (centra coast nutra). If you go on the website for any acai products, it automaticall enrolls you in 2 companies memberships...burning the consumers 2 times. This is what my banker has told me. This trial is only for 14 days. I have cancelled my membership and have sent the product back which hasn't gotten to them in time. Fit-factory will consider a refund, but not cnnnutra. These are my findings. I would suggest changing the card number you used or your account number with the bank. I hope this helps.