Centennial WirelessLied about bill

R

We went to Centennial to add a second line and buy a Blackberry Curve. After telling me how Sprint's service and my Treo 650 sucks compared to Centennial's Blackberry Curve, we decided to try it out. He "got us the best deal he could", but it ended up costing about $145/month. But, the bill has been $185/month. The salesman said that the $145/month was all we had to pay, and he later said it was "installation cost"? What is installation cost? And why did he not tell me before that that cost was going to be added, and not tell me it was going to cost $145 instead of $185, and I came to conclusion, so he can lie to me and get his commission.

The main reason we picked the phone was the GPS. And, by picking the phone, the GPS cost $25/month extra. But, that don't include vocal directions, which is another $5/mo. And, on top of that, the GPS hardly connects to the satellite until after you pass the street you are supposed to turn on.

My kids tell my wife that they like my Treo 650, which the Centennial salesman said is an out dated phone. It is funny that kids, who love quick and easy, like my phone more than this Blackberry Curve.

Also, the salesman, on several occasions, told us, "to be sure that we want this because they cannot take it back". I think that it such baloney because their GPS sucks, they lied about the cost of the monthly service and they are a lot more expensive than Sprint. With Sprint, fot $99/month, I could get everything. So, if I switched to Sprint on both phones on those plans, they would get a lot more for the money.

So, STAY AWAY FROM CENTENNIAL!!!

• Ro
    ROSETTA WARREN Oct 06, 2009

WE ARE VERY UPSET WITH YOUR CENTENNIAL COMPANY. WE FEEL LIKE WE HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF. WE LIVE HERE IN MICHIGAN AND STOPPED INTO ONE OF YOUR STORES ON Oct.2 and give them a cash payment OF $231.96 FOR A CONTRACT.WE WERE VERY UPSET WITH OUR PLAN OUR PHONES WERE NEVER ACTIVATED UNTIL oCT. 3. FOR OVER 20 YEARS BOTH MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE HAD PRE-PHONES. I WANTED BETTER COVERAGE AND I HAD RELATIVES TELL ME TO GO TO A CENTENNIAL.WE WERE LIED TO ABOUT ALL THESE HIDDEN CHANGES. ON TUESDAY OCT6 we returned the phones and wanted our money AND WAS TOLD WE HAD TO WAIT 15 DAYS FOR A CHECK. YOU WANT OUR MONEY UP FRONT . OTHER STORES WOULD GIVE YOU A FULL REFUND THAT SAME DAY. MY HUSBAND AND I ARE DISABLED. WE ARE LIKE I SAID ARE NOT WAITING 15 DAYS TO HAVE A CHECK CUT I EXPECT A CHECK IN THE MAIL BY NEXT WEEK. WE WILL PURSUE YOUR POLICY OF THE 15 DAY DELAY OF REFUND WE WILL GO TO OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL. LIKE I SAID WE ARE GOING BACK TO PRE-PAID PHONES. R.WARREEN

• Cl
    cliffbrad Feb 23, 2009

Please do not turn your old cell phone into Centennial wireless I was ripped off for my old Nextel Phone. I canceled my contract with them 3 days later they made me pay $135.00 and did not give me my old phone back or gine me the $100.00 turn in fee for the old phone.