[Resolved] Cell C — deactivate current number [protected]
On Monday 26 July I was mugged and my cellphone was taken. It did not have the pin lokc password. I did not report it cos I thought its just a phone I can replace it, all my information is on my phone these thughs can do anything as they have tried to access my fnb online bankingg
I tried the branch in Boulders to ask for a sim swap i failed with 1 information
then I call the customer service to deactivate my number I was still not authenticated
Had I anticipated the incident I would have saved the data, last date I topped up etc for such questions.
These thugs can get away with anything yet the rightfull owner went through trauma and the energy to cancel bank cards etc.
The service is really not fair at all i am not asking for much just a security
Please assist. THe number I want to deactivate is [protected]
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Cell C Customer Care's Response, Aug 02, 2019
Dear Ms. Masondo
Thank you for contacting Cell C.
We're sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident.
Unfortunately, security checks are standard in such matters.
Do you currently have a new sim card to perform the sim swap on? If so, please provide us with the Rica Serial Number.
More Cell C Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Cell C - legal department 
- Cell C - contract cancellation 
- [Resolved] Cell C - disgusting customer service 
- Cell C - sim card still not working 
- Cell C - unauthorised charges 
- [Resolved] Cell C - data loss cannot account for 20gb suddenly up
- [Resolved] Cell C - disappearing of airtime
- [Resolved] Cell C - contract cancellation
- [Resolved] Cell C - cell c lte services in potchefstroom
- [Resolved] Cell C - paid up contract