Cedar Rapid Financial Servicesloan

Samantha Collins called me saying that I was approved by a loan. She emailed me all the papers to sign. I had to send $1250 plus fees via Western Union to Canada. The funds for $50k loan were to be deposited into my checking account. I spoke with Samantha yesterday and my account info was incorrect so she corrected it and said the funds would be deposited after midnight. Of course it was not there and I tried calling her all day and my cell and work number are blocked. I called from my daughter's cell phone and left her several messages. The last message I left her was that I am aware of the fact that again I was scammed out of money.

AnnG. Jul 30, 2009

Funny I received a phone call today from Karla Kirkland from the same place and asked how can you give out money so easily. I got a approval for 5000.00 and I need to send in 885.00 by the 5th or the offer will be void. I didn't send the money thank god! It really doesnt sound right if you only had to give them 1250.00 for a 50k loan and they have your bank info that is the scary part becasue they can pull payments form your account dut to you sign that contract. Good luck with that and I am not doing this.

• 19
    1982clk Jul 31, 2009

FTC guidelines state that it is against federal law to ask for money up front to secure a personal loan when there is no physical collateral...these sites are scams. My wife has been talking to Karla Kirkland and did not feel comfortable about the 945.00 that they needed in advance. In most cases they will take there fees off the top of money borrowed if it is legit.

• Ce
    Ceadar Rapids Jul 31, 2009

What was Samanthas extension? Please inform, this is Cedar Rapid, and it seems as though we have someone inpersonating our company. We DO NOT have a Samantha Collins here nor is our phone number [protected]! Please inform us so that we can inform the appropriate authorities.

notebender Jul 31, 2009

I knew this was a scam, when they amortized my loan, which was supposed to be for $10, 000.00
    they were way off, and when I pointed this out they came back with a different repayment amount, then they wanted me to send $1195.00 to cover the first five payments after which my loan would be deposited into my bank. When I asked for references they would not provide me with any. When I checked with the BBB they had never heard of them. I refused to send the money up-front, and then they tried to pressure me by telling me I would lose the opportunity if
    I did not send the money within 24 hours. Please don't fall for this, these people prey on those that can afford it the least and they don't care. The scary part is that they did have my correct information as far as employment, ss#, dl #, telephone # all from a form for a loan that I filled out on line. I want to find a way to press charges on these people, so if anyone wants to help me to do so, or would like to enlist my help please e-mail me at [email protected]

• Dd
    DDD2345 Jul 31, 2009

My name is Mark, and I am a ###, cause Iam an office Administrater! I just wanted to share that awesome news with all y'all! They rock!!

notebender1 Jul 31, 2009

You illiterate parasite, what you don't know yet, and by all means check you have my number.
    Is that we are a government contractor and our biggest and only client for that matter, is the FBI. So you ignorant leech on society, you and I will be meeting face to face very soon. I can't wait to give you the opportunity to make that comment again in person. You ###. Now you made it personal, and you are going to wish you had not.

• Dd
    DDD2345 Jul 31, 2009

LOl, @ Notebender! Didn't you fill out an application? So that would mean you filled out the application, now wouldn't? So thats how they obtained your info, cause u gave it to them. So goodluck pressing charges, you drama queen!iam a client of theirs and i verified alll that info, cause i provided it to them.booo whooooo, you must have gotten a big fat DECLINE

notebender Jul 31, 2009

I love the way you keep exposing yourself, I told everyone that I filled out your ficticious form and that is how you extracted my information. You incredible ###, how would I know that you where asking for Up-front money if you had not asked me for it? The only one who got a fat decline was you, when I declined to send $1195.00. But the one who is really LMAO right now is me. Since you have some of my information Im sure even an idiot like you can check my affiliation with the FBI, who now has this entire chat in transscript along with the loan papers that you sent me. So lets see who is going to be laughing by this time tommorow. Folks the thief that I spoke with was also Karla Kirkland ext. 180. the telephone numbers to watch out for are.. [protected], also [protected], the fax number ( that the FBI will also be tracking down) is [protected]. Please if you have had the good sense to check these parasites out already, you know that you obviously dont want to send them any money. But please for the pure entertainment value stay tuned because by this time tommorow, these leeches will all be behind bars facing federal charges, courtesy of yours truly. So have a nice weekend when you meet Big Bubba.

• Sc
    scamprotector Jul 31, 2009

I was also almost scammed by these ###! Not only did I go around borrowing the money for the down payment but I was about to sell my car for it so that I could by the car I wanted with this loan. Fortunately I have friends who know business and how they operate and advised me to be sure to check them out before I sent the money. ** This is how you know its a scam, Never send money to receive money specially to a business thats in IL, but the money is going to an offshore account in Canda, or any where else. I also spoke to that cum guzzling Karla Keirkland as you guys did with the same ext. 180. and she couldnt give me any references, she couldnt send me a copy of their business license and she said they had a dispute with the bbb and no longer was a part of them .. BEWARE OF THESE ### THAT ARE TAKING OUR MONEY FROM THE HARD WORKING AMERICANS AS YOURSELF!! I wish I could meet with them face to face, b/c it wouldnt be a pretty site to see! ### you Karla b/c I know you will be reading this soon, and I know you thought you had me hook line and sinker, but that goes to show a professional as myself can always spot a fake!!! You ignorant ###, you never tell a client to hold, and you never munch your lunch while telling them to go else where if they don't believe you. I hope your men in charge beat the ### out of you for losing me and not reeling me in when you had the chance!!! Oh yeah, please fell free to use any and all of my information that I provided :) !!

• Ds
    dstd Aug 01, 2009

did anyone give them the money ?? and what happened ??

notebender Aug 01, 2009

dstd. Samantha Collins sent $1250.00 and she was of course ripped off.
    scamprotector, I feel your anger at these parasitic neophites. I too had a friend that I borrowed the money from, and he gave it to me no questions asked, fortunately, I like you did my homework and detected their scam. I was embarrased when I had to tell my friend that I was almost scammed, but at least I was able to hand him back his money. It's funny how we both picked up on Karlas very white trash, low rent, uneducated disposition, she would not last five seconds in the real corporate world. But the good news is, that what I said in my earlier posts is true, I do work for a government contractor and our biggest client is the FBI, and I was able to pass on all of the information directly to field agents who love to bust these types of scams. And while I am not an agent my self, I have developed over the years some good friends who are agents, and they said they would give this special attention. It's a safe assumption that all of the names we were given are false, but the phone numbers and the bank accounts have to lead back to someone. They may be long gone by now thanks to people like you and me. But we can take a little comfort in knowing that we chased these leeches out of business. At least for now.
    If an arrest is made I know I will be one of the first to know. So check back over the next couple of days. Because I will be posting all the details right here. As for the info we both provided my SS# and DL# are being watched very closely for any activity. I can only pray that they try to use it. If you want I can ask an FBI agent to contact you through official channels and you can tell them what info they have of your's and they will watch to see if anyone attempts to use it. These ###s may or may not realize it but this is federal and they are in deep ###. And when they are caught they will be facing years behind bars. Congratulations for having the good sense and doing your due dilligence thereby avoiding getting ripped off. I am sorry for the major let down, I too thought I would be able to fix some financial problems and it would have been a big help, it sounded like a great loan at a great interest rate, very affordable, and all that. Best of luck going forward.

• Th
    _thompson Aug 01, 2009

We were also approached by Karla at ext 180 for a loan. We even have the loan papers. We looked up all over the internet to find out if it was a scam, but we couldn't find anything until today. Thank The Lord that we didn't fall for this scam, we were due to sign papers on August 5th. Thank all of you for posting what has happened to you -- if it's any consolation, you have helped at least one American not be scammed today!

• Su
    Susan Camparo Aug 01, 2009

I spoke with Samantha Collins at [protected] x751. I to was scammed out of $1250. I tried to call her back and my calls will not go through saying that the extension is not an option. I called from my daughter's cell phone and left her a nasty message. I would love to press charges against these people and see them behind bars. They can not go and find an honest job instead they steal from hard working people. I can't believe I fell for this one . I sent the Miami FBI an email- don't know what it will do, but someone down there needs to locate them.

• Co
    co6cher Aug 03, 2009

i too was scammed for 1000 frm samanta collins stateinf the same thing since july 24 everyday giving me another excuse way it wasnt deposited something needs to be done if any one has any infomation please email me at [email protected]

• Co
    co6cher Aug 03, 2009

i too was scammed by samatana collins every day some excuse now she dont answer extenison she took about 1000

• Jd
    Jdupree Aug 03, 2009

My name is Julie, I was scam by these people. Samantha Collins if its her name called me and told me that I was approve for a 10, 000 loan, but I had to send her $550.00 and I had to wire it to Ontario Canada. She told me it was for insurance, because I was not putting up any colleterall and that my money would be put in my account by 12 midnight It did not happen. I call her back and she said the insurance Company wanted more money I needed to send $300.00 more when I refused she tried to turn the table on me. I told this lady I would have to borrow this money and I would pay it back when I got the loan. She even got on the phone and assured my son and others that I had the loan. I am willing to testify or do what I have to do to stop this scam.
    I even sent her more customers but I told them to wait because I felt like I had been scam It's not over, because I am a woman of God and a minister of God and he said Vengance Shall Be Mine Saith the Lord.

• Ea
    Easymoney Aug 04, 2009

they tried to scam me for 500.00 for a $10, 000 loan .. But I did not send the money. they tried to say it was for insurance, I call a few places in cedar rapids that was listed on line and no one heard of them. And I googled the address they give me and it did not show up either

• Sh
    shay2sweet Aug 04, 2009

hello my name is shauna howell and i haad just got a call today from samantha saying that i was approved $ 10, o00 loan, the extension number i was given was 751, thank god i didn't give her any of my banking information or anything like that, she said that i had to send $650.00 and again thank god i didn't

• Dr
    D.R. Aug 05, 2009

I receives a phone call from Karia Kirkland saying that I was approve for a loan for 5, 000 and I needed to send $830.00 before the loan deadline, which was 7 business days from the loan approval date July 23, 2009. Karia told me that the money would be deposit into my account within 4-8 hours but, the money was not desposit. I have call Ms. Kirkland several times but she was not answering the extension that she gave me. Karia also told me that the money was @ the Federal Reserve and it will be in my account between july 31, 2009 and August 07, 2009. I am still waiting for that desposit nothing yet.
    I believe this was a scam and I feel so bad, because my husband and I work hard for our money. My husband is a preacher and he told me not to worry about it because the people who scamming are going to lose much much more than what we have giving them. I know that they are going to get what is coming to them in time. Just trust and believe in god vengance belong to god. God will fight your battle.

D.R.

• Do
    dot$$$ Aug 05, 2009

D.R.

I am from Birmingham, Alabama and the process of this loan has been 2 weeks..

thanks D.R.

• Gg
    GGower Aug 06, 2009

I got a call from a Matthew Shaw saying I was approved for $20, 000 loan and that I had to send $750 . His phone number is [protected]
    and the address is 305 2nd street, se, suite 360
    Dummy me I sent the money and now I guess he put a block on my phone, he will not answer his phone or return any of my calls. So now my husband is going to try to call the cedar rapid police department to see if they are really at this address. I am thinking if we all call cedar rapids police department, the more complains we might beable to get something done and put these people behine bars. By them not put the loan in the bank like he said he would, he made me lose my trailer and rent house. Now I am going to see if there is something I can do to file charges on his butt and anyone ELSE INVOLVED
    Now everyone BEWARE OF MATTHEW SHAW
    305 2ND STREET SE, SUITE 360
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA
    PHONE NUMBER [protected]
    IF YOU ALL WOULD LIKE CEDAR RAPIDS POLICE DEPTMENT NUMBER IS [protected]

SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT NUMBER IS
    [protected]

I TOO WAS SCAN AND I AM MADDER THAN HELL.

• Ap
    Ap2008 Aug 06, 2009

I was too scammed. I took money off the table from my children and giving up my whole check thinking i was going to recieve the money the next day and i have been waiting for a week and a half. Karla Kirkland has been giving me the run around telling me that she was going to call me back i am the one thats calling her back. Im so uposet that i did not see this site before i sent the money to them. I hope they get waht they deserve and i hope my bleesing will come from god soon. I DO WANT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AND TAKE A STAND! Please pray a for my family and I we are trying to mantain and survive with no money.

• Be
    bettyboop2005 Aug 06, 2009

I am also a victim of karla kirkland. I was told that I was approved for a loan of 5, 000 and had to send a security deposit of 652.50.Like a fool I went to walmart and sent the funds western union to phylios harrell in vancover canada.The phone number I got was [protected] ext 180. I am very sick that's why I needed the loan I have cancer and an abdominal tumor and I am scheduled for sugery tomorrow. I sent the funds on the 23 of july and was told that there was a hold on my loan so look for it between july30-aug6. now here it is three weeks since I sent out the fund s and none were deposited into my account to this very day.But a piece of advice to everyone check with the better business beaur first because if its to good to be true then it isn't it's more than likely a scam.My heart goes out to each of you and I hope that the autorities catch them so no one else would be taken advantage of.

• Ap
    Ap2008 Aug 07, 2009

still no explaination...

• Tt
    TtoddBBakerr Aug 07, 2009

I use their services for like 4 years now, so i believe there is some miscommunication, I worked with Edward, karla and ocassionally Molly. I have no complaints, other than some poor customer service i received in the past, but that's about it!

• Lr
    LRG Aug 07, 2009

BEAWARE OF ANOTHER PERSON FROM CEDAR RAPID FINANCIAL SERVICE
    NAME MATTHEW SHAW
    305 2ND STREET SE, SUITE 360
    CEDAR RAPIDS IA 52401
    HIS PHONE NUMBER IS [protected]
    I TOO WAS SCAMMED FROM THIS LOW LIFE SOB, I NEEDED THE LOAN TO PAY MY RENT AND MY RV. I SEND HIM THE MONEY $750
    AND HE RAN WITH IT, NEVER DID RECIEVE MY LOAN AND I THINK HE PUT A BLOCK ON MY PHONE. NOW I LOSTED MY RENT HOME AND RV GOT REPO. AND MATTHEW IF YOU ARE READING THIS YOUR DAY IS COMING VERY SOON AND I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL

• JerryTurner Aug 10, 2009

Samantha Collins = fake name used by most of the female staff working there. Any callbacks asking for "Samantha" or "Ms Collins" go straight to voicemail.

• El
    ELENA2009 Aug 13, 2009

I WAS CONTACTED AND TOLD THAT I WAS APPROVED FOR A 6000 DOLLAR LOAN. bUT FIRST I HAD TO SEND 960.00 VIA MONEY GRAM AND I WAS TOLD THE SAME THAT THE MONEY WOULD BE PUT INTO MY ACCOUNT WITH IN 4-8 HOUS AND THE NEVER HAPPENED. iN CALLED KARLA KIRKLAND AND SHE TOLD ME THE SAME THING THAT THE MONEY WAS PUT INTO A FEDERAL RESERVE AND THEY GAVE HER A RELEASE DATE OF AUGUST 7 OR THE 14. BUT AFTER READING ALL THIS I DON'T THINK I WILL GET THE MONEY. AND IF ANYONE HAS CONTACTED THE FBI OR THERE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE THEM MY NAME AND NUMBER THAT IS SHANNON ELENA [protected]. aFTER ALL THIS WENT ON I HAVE A NEGITIVE BANK ACCOUNT BALANCE AND WAS PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD TAKE CARE OF ALL THE CHARGES TO MY BANK. AND ALSO BECAUSE OF THIS I AM BEING EVICTED FROM MY HOME WITH A HUSBAND AND A 5 YR OLD LITTLE GIRL

mardibella Aug 22, 2009

hi i need people to go to this address to stop this company i talked to the fbi it is ic3.gov please if they took your money or teyed to get moke out of u please go to this address on line

• Da
    DAYDAY41 Aug 28, 2009

THAT ### WILL GET HER'S.MY NAME IS DAYDAY SHE TO GET ME BUT I WAS ON THAT ###.I CALLED ALL THE TO IOWA TO SEE IF ANY ONE OR ANY COMPANY WAS AROUND HER COMPANY COULD TELL ME IS LAGIT.SOME OF THEM TOLD ME SHE NOT ON THE MAP OR IN THE AREA.PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY TO THIS ###.SHE TRIED TO GET ME FOR 550.00, I SAID HELL TO THE NAWL.I CALL THE FBI IN FLORDIA ON HER AND REPORTED HER.THE PERSON I'M TALKING ABOUT IS SAMANTHA COLLINS.THAT ### IS A SCAMMER.

mardibella Sep 01, 2009

i to had to do what you all are saying well that exit 751 when i call is no longer taking my calls i was told i get my money but it would take 3 to 7 weeks i tired to call to tell the company return my money ill wait no answer i did call the fbi and put a complaint into IC3.gov and i also did a few other pleace to get the ball rolling i may not get my money back but it might stop them from getting any1 money i hope if every1 would send in complaint maybe they will not get anymore money

mardibella Sep 01, 2009

samantha collins and her friend who picks up the money she not taking calls from me that exit 751 or any of them if anyone can get though let me know how my friends liked to tellher off she didnt know my hubby is a police man oh well to her

mardibella Sep 02, 2009

plz i have made a group fpr anyone thats wants to talk about this scam these people are doing and plz go to fbi site to make a complain it is IC3.gov