Cavalier TelephoneBilling/Collections

I cancelled my service in October 2007. I thought at that time that my account was paid up to date. I never once received any correspondence from them stating that my account still held a balance. That was until April 2009 when I received a letter from an attorney/debt collector stating that I still had a balance of $87.68 on my account that needed to paid immediately. Why did it take them a year and half to contact me regarding this? I would have paid the balance immediately if they had sent me anything within that year and a half before sending this to a collector. I am still furious over this and will never do business with this company again as well as warn everyone I know of their awful business practices.

• Ca
    carlos Jun 24, 2007

Cavalier offers a low "teaser" rate of $24.99 however they charge many additional "fees" which actually makes their service MORE expensive than Verizon. Do your homework. In addition, their customer service is non-existent. I have heard they are about to fold so who knows what will happen to their customers. Just stay clear of this nightmare.

• Pa
    pat marquard Dec 29, 2008

have tried to get ahold of cavalier since july. no customer service when account number is put in you are told not valid and are disconnected. lawyers are trying to collect money. have talked to lawyers and have faxed letters and statements was told this would be taken care of and have still recieved letters saying that i still owe them money.

• Ke
    Kelley May 29, 2009

Worst customer service ever! I think there are only two customer service reps in the whole company. You are only hold for hours at a time. Called to have my service transfered but they never did and still charged me for the move which they now will not credit. I had to cancel service because i could never get through to get tech help. They suck!

• I have been with Cavalier since they were Talk America as well when I signed up to help a friend. Since then, I have tried to move all 9 of my phone lines to other providers, each with Talk America/Cavalier either refusing to release the lines (I thought that was what we pay the portability charge for each month) or they will release the lines, but only after three months, meaning you have to get another number temporarily). Also, Cavalier will continue to bill you for six months or more although they have it on record that you left their service months earlier. They have repeatedly done everything possible to make leaving impossible. They also sent a collection agency after us for a number that we had cancelled, we had proof of cancellation and had never missed a payment for, but the collection agency wanted the monies Cavalier had billed us AFTER we cancelled and had paid in full.

• Hb
    HB Jun 03, 2016

Cavalier Telephone keeps calling my house with their robo call process. When I answer the phone, no one responds.

OMG, stop bugging me!

• Ra
    Rachel Moses Jun 03, 2016

This review is for the entire Cavalier Telephone corporation.
    I have never experienced such awful customer service as I have with this company. I have been without a phone line since July 14th. It is now September 28th and not only is Cavalier not fixing my issue but they keep sending me invoices, with finance charges, threatening to destroy my personal credit and will not stop. I have been on the phone with their customer service representatives for months to no avail. They are located in the Philippians and cannot seem to grasp the concept of customers' frustration about being charged for services not rendered. I finally broke down and paid one bill with the promise that I won't receive any more and then I got another bill in the mail. Upon further complain to the company I am still being told that I have to keep paying invoices regardless if my phone line works or not until they fix the problem and then I'll be reimbursed. I don't know how that works out of the country but I think every American will agree with me that, that just doesn't fly. I cannot say enough poor things about this customer service experience. I highly urge everyone to pass the word that this is not a company to spend money with. Cavalier Telephone does not deserve our hard earned money. They do not deserve our business. Their corporate structure and customer service is as good as throwing money in the toilet. I highly urge ever current Cavalier customer to jump ship. Saving money from their low rates isn't worth the head ache of their horrid customer service policies. I truly hope someone in Cavalier Corporate Offices IN AMERICA reads this. I am beyond livid and will keep shouting about how awful this company is until I'm blue in the face. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR PHONE SERVICES!!!
    CAVALIER TELEPHONE NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN!!