Cash4Gold Holdingsscam

L Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Oct 15, 2009

Plus a tell tell sign is they are incorporated in Florida. That is the scam capital of the country. If you see Florida or New Jersey run!! Trust me, after 3 years on the Internet and doing my own sites like http://scrabblecheat.com I know all their tricks. Florida is a no no for business.

Steve

Oct 29, 2009

I am so glad I checked here before i sent out my Cash4Gold packet with all my gold
    and many diamonds of various sizes in it. WOW! I am so sorry to hear what they have done to
    everyone who has sent them jewelry. TY for these complaints. Hope more people read them before
    they send their things.

Sheila

• I
      Nov 06, 2009

Frankly, anyone who falls for their ads and the ads of the other gold-buyers on TV are idiots, plain and simple. They show a picture of some ### sticking an "insured" envelope in a home mailbox. Apparently these idiots don't believe some thieves will be poking through such mailboxes on a regular basis. Actually, anyone USING that kind of mailbox for ANYthing anymore...much less putting valuables in there for pick-up by the USPS or receiving checks or merchandise...with so many dishonest people around...is an imbecile.

The cable channels running these ads don't care one bit about whether the companies are legit or not. They just want the ad revenue, so don't fool yourselves that the cable channels will help you or even get in trouble.

And think about it: Cash 4 Gold and similar companies spend M-I-L-L-I-O-N-S on advertising, so what makes you think you'll see the TRUE value of your old jewelry? They're preying on desperate people who need money quickly. There's a special level of Hell for such companies; how their owners and employees can sleep at night is beyond me. They must all be sociopaths. Kinda like the payday check-cashing businesses that charge 800% interest; the MAFIA would be a better bet for that kind of loan!

What's particularly frustrating is that apparently the BBB, local law enforcement agencies and the FCC aren't doing a darn thing to kill these ads. Kinda makes ya wonder how many of THOSE people are being bought-off by these companies, huh?

Stupid people amuse me.

Nov 08, 2009

this kind of scams should tell every one you cant not trust any one..not even the so called christians.even the tv repoters will lie to you...

• B
      Nov 12, 2009
    Cash 4 Gold - Ripp Off!

I 've come under hard times, so I decided to pawn my grills in. They gave me a$10 dolla check! WTF?!! Are they crazy? I paid well ova 3 gees for these. Gonna get my money back from these jive turkey motha F----s! Peace out ! Beware of da devil in disguise--> Cash fo Gold.

• M
      Nov 13, 2009

Sorry, but I have to agree with IDontSufferFoolsGladly and others with a similar sentiment: when you KNOWINGLY send VALUABLES to a STRANGER, you do deserve what you get. This is no longer the 1920s, folks, so you cannot take people at their word anymore. Sad, but so very true. It pays (obviously) to be a skeptic of everything and everyone. That's not being pessimistic - that's being smart. The only time you can honestly say that you were ripped off through no fault of your own is when your items are stolen from you via break-ins, holdups, etc. We don't live in a trustworthy society any longer. Everyone is out for his/herself and the "it takes a village..." sentiment has long since died and been forgotten. I'm not saying that all hope in mankind is lost, just that you have to be vigilant and well studied when it comes to the modern day "snake oil salesman." Bottom feeders and prostitutes will be around 'til the end of time. It's up to you to be smarter than them.

• P
      Nov 15, 2009

### cash4gold!

• N
      Nov 18, 2009

I found this interesting as many people I am a bit strapped this xmas and I have a couple of bits I never wear.

So this has been good for me to read as I was thinking of doing something like this to get rid of my old things.

Nov 20, 2009

I recently tried www.mygolddepot.com after trying www.goldfellows.com and I have to say I had a great experience with this company. Mygolddepot was just a pleasure. I did some research online after reading about selling old Gold Jewelry to an online website. I thought was a great idea but I wanted to really research the topic. Well after seeing some good customer service comments on www.mygolddepot.com I decided to give Mygolddepot.com a shot. I have to say I was very happy with the payout I received, (could they have paid me $25-30 bucks more) probably yes ! But, I received a check about 8 days after I sent in my unwanted items and I really think the $464.00 that I was paid was a really good payout compared to some of the stories I read about from customers getting $20.00 and $30.00 dollar checks from the other online companies www.Mygolddepot.com is the real deal and I would absolutely recommended any trying them.

Joann Billings

Nov 23, 2009

I can't offer anything to whether or not these companies actually scammed you or not, because I've never actually sent them anything. However, I do know what they'll pay you...

As of 11.23.09, you're going to get about 20% from any buyer of your gold's actualy "worth." 20% works out to $10 per gram of 10karat and $27 per gram of 24karat. Do your math...

10k gold is only 41.7% gold. The rest is nickel and a few other metals to make the jewelry harder / more wear resistant. Most hollow 18inch gold chain necklaces weigh only 8 grams, so (0.417) x 8grams = 3.336g of actual gold in that 18" necklace you think is worth so much.

$10 paid per gram X 3.336grams = $33.36 you're going to get for that necklace you paid $400 for in the mall.

24k gold is 99.9% gold. You'll get $27 per gram. 8g x .999purity = 7.992g. ($27) x 7.992g = $216 you'll get for that necklace you paid $850 to Fidor at the kiosk at the mall.

The only thing I see as 'shady' concerning these "Cash 4 Gold" companies is misleading you into thinking your gold is really worth a lot of money. The only person it's worth 'a lot' to is you, who completely overpaid to finance commercials to sing "Every Kiss begins with Kay!" around the holidays.

• M
      Nov 25, 2009

i unfortunatly did send my gold to them and was offerd a measly £294 after reading this i rang them and said i was not happy with the quote and they then stated that they would re-evaluate my items and came back with a new figure of £510 much closer to what we were expecting

jhcfbslejfbsldvbc

Nov 26, 2009

Folks I sign on here today to say woooopeee I have my rings back.i sent them on the 2 of this mth..but something inside kept saying to look up cash 4 for gold sams.. so I did man o man i was peed.called that gruop of jerks right then an demmanded my rings back.got the we havent recived the ring yet...to that edit i'll be there in the morning to fill a law sute againt this firm.he put me on hold and when he came back funny we have the package, , lol lol ha ha I said you send them back...i do not care what you offer i want my rings back.are my lawer will cantact you in 1 hr.and will sue you as off...he ask will would you like for us to test them for you ..HA, HA stupid "A' i know what i sent you now if...ing send them back...will thank God I have them back
    WHAT A LESSON.Just think them send you a check and its not even close to what you payed from them.Yet they turn around a make there money back and you know why...
    remember IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE WILL THEN IT IS

Nov 26, 2009

Now I going to start sending them a nice thank by sending lead fishing weights painted with golden paint on it, w hat it will cost them in sending envalopes and then the cost of prossesing that then to find out its lead he he he he...

Its my hope thay other on here will send them fake gold.just to aggervate the heck out of them jerks..they pay the shipping fee SO let them pay to find out they got fake junk he he he he he he...HA HA HA HA dooo on you cash 4 gold ripe offs

• C
      Nov 29, 2009

My sister dealt with these same rip off artists and they gave her next to nothing, then she got online and came across a website at: http://www.cash-for-gold-scam.com thats when she realized that she had been scammed

• T
      Dec 01, 2009

I just got my money $70.00 for 10 rings 8 bold necklaces 2 bracelets of silver and 1 ring 1 necklace of gold. 133 grams of silver should have been more paid to me then that. I believe CASH 4 GOLD IS A BIG RIP OFF! AND I CAN'T GET MY JEWELRY BACK BECAUSE I WAIVED THE 12 DAY AND HAD THEM DEPOSIT DIRECTLY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT.
    DON'T SEND YOUR JEWELRY TO THEM!!!

Dec 02, 2009

afeter sending my gold to cash4gold, they sent me out such a ### offer i was outraged to say the least. I thought it was a good idea to get another sending package from cash4gold & put some lead in it to weigh down the bag then take a big ### in it !!! So now they will know wot its like to get a ### offer. Stoo from Glasgow, Scotland P.S I hope this post helps people realise that this is nothing but a scam.

Dec 05, 2009

I sent my old and broken gold to cash 4 gold.Three weeks ogo i havent heard anything.I called them a four days after i sent it and they tod me they had not recieved it yet.So i got online to see if i could track it like that.I seen some reviews i started to read them i got to the former employe review which said that they get it in 3 to 4 days after u sent it.So i called right back and told them know that they have recieved it she did not disagree with me she said they have not processed it yet. I told the woman i wanted to speak to a manager .Then someone else got on the phone i told her i did not want it processed i just wanted my jewery back asap.I need the extra money for christmas my husband is laid off so i had this bright ideal to send it to cash 4 gold the worst ideal ive ever had.Its been 3 weeks now and nothing back.So as soon as i get it back ill take it to a local pawn shop where ill get more money for it but hopfully ill get it back before christmas if not i dont know what im gonna do.I just wsh i woul have read the reviews before and i would have never sent it.

• Z
      Dec 07, 2009

Hi, my names Zoe and im from the UK. I sent CASH4GOLD my silver chain that was over 2 ounces in weight and they sent me £2.47 which included a 20% bonus.Its a total ripoff and they still havent returned my chain.

• T
      Dec 08, 2009

has anyone had any rip off stories from cash4gold in england?please let me no

Dec 10, 2009

Go to Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to MessagesMark as Unread | Print ReplyReply AllMove...Inbox
    Flag this messageRe: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:23 AM
    From: "anna castillo" <[protected]@sbcglobal.net>Add sender to ContactsTo: "[protected]@cash4gold.com" <[protected]@cash4gold.com>thank you justin, your help is very much appreciated, we are a family just trying to get by, i recenly lost my job and trying to give my children a good x-mas.i had to go through my jewlry box, every lil bit helps.thank you again for your help.merry x-mas to you and yours.ANNA

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:21:50 AM

Anna,
    Thank you very much for your reply. I do apologize that we no longer have access to return your material. I have taken your invoice and emails to my manager and he has authorized me to meet your minimum required payment 60.00 for your package, given the situation. Please confirm and we will mail this payment out to you as soon as possible.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:47 AM
    Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

i was more interested in the ring it self, the gold one withe the diamond, i was offered 60.00. thanks

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:43:49 AM

Anna,
    I apologize but from the time of our first contact I was unable to retrieve your items for return to you. If you don’t mind me asking how much were you expecting to receive when you sent your package off to us?

Justin n.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:11 AM
    Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

please send items back.thank you.

Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 6:31:47 AM

Anna,
    Accounts payable has your reissue request. We did receive 3 DWT of 14K, 2.7 DWT of 10K and 24.1 DWT of sterling silver. We were able to pay out 19.65 for your total package.

Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 12:31 PM
    Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

HELLO JASON, I HAVE NOT YET RECIEVED A CHECK STATEMENT.CASE #(255423) IF FOR ANY REASON I DONT THINK THE AMOUNT IS FAIR AND WANT MY ITEMS RETURNED, ARE THESE ITEMS STILL AVAILABLE?, ITS BEEN A MONTH THANK YOU.

Sent: Saturday, December 6, 2008 12:04:35 PM

Anna,
    There is a 15 day hold on check reissues from the date on the check, I can submit to accounts payable to have your payment reissued on 12/9. Please contact me on Tuesday to confirm that you have not received it so that I can proceed with the reissue.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 12:59 PM
    Subject: Re: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

that is my correct address but it is apartment b, was anything sent back to you?i dont understand i recieved my kit without problem.what happends from this point? thank you, Anna (case #255423)

Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 11:47:24 AM
    Subject: Cash4Gold (Email Case#255423)

Anna,
    Thank you very much for your email and information so that I can assist you. We did mail your check (check #29238) to you on 11/24, you definitely should have received it by now. Please
    THIS IS WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH CASH FOR GOLD!!! DONT EVER USE THESE SCAMMERS!!!

Dec 14, 2009

Why would you guys send your items to a gold buyer before knowing what they are going to pay you?
    their are gold buyers out the that have a page where you can get an estimate on your payout.
    Just search for gold buyer and you'll get a hundred results. picking the first result obviously isn't the right thing to do.
    I tried P3MRefining.com since I'm Canadian and they are from my area. They payed me about 70% of what my items were worth.
    They even payed me more than what their estimator calculated because of the gold price increase.

Dec 14, 2009

I have dealt with other companies and thought maybe I was not given a fair amount so I tried Cash4gold figuring with all the tv ads they may be honest. I called them and was told to use their mailer, I asked whether I should send it insured or tracked. The claim rep said, "no, everything will be just fine, use our mailer-we never have any trouble with receiving packages." Well guess what, they claim they never received my package. Anyone reading this stick with a reputable company such as Garfield and get a return receipt and insure your package. Cash4gold is a SCAM!!

Dec 15, 2009

Ever heard of the Nigerian scams throughout the internet. Well like those scams this kind of business preys on those who have fallen victim to predators of the worse kind. Trusting people who have trusted what the T.V. reps have been getting big advertising bucks for.
    I too almost got scammed by nigerian scams... Word to wise use a little wisdom when doing any kind of transactions with anyone or any business. The jewelry you send in they get a double Free bonus when you also send in stones with y0ur stuff. I'll be willing to bet that those who have been scammed wont ever be again !!! And i am sorry you were .
    Take it as a loss and lesson learned.

Dec 17, 2009

I want everyone to know that there are legitimate gold buyers online and that I am one of those buyers. I will always pay what I promise and will NEVER treat my customers this way. I am very sorry for your experience with this gold buyer was less than satisfying. Sincerely Rob B.

• G
      Dec 18, 2009

Well all i know is, i sent in my gold and got a check for $1, 868 the following week. Maybe it is a scam.. but its a scam i can live with

Dec 20, 2009

when u r reading this dont stop or something bad will happen! my name is summer i am 15 years old i have blonde hair, many scars no nose or ears.. i am dead. if u dont copy this just like from the ring, copy n post this on 5 more sites.. or.. i will appear one dark quiet night when ur not expecting it by your bed with a knife and kill u. this is no joke something good will happen to u if you post this on 5 more

• F
      Jan 10, 2010

Hi my name is Francine from Pgh PA. I sent cash 4 gold alot of gold chains diamond rings, etc.. They told me the pkg was lost and I had to file an insurance claim. They will only pay $100.00. I know my jewelry was worth well over that amount but how do you prove it? So I learned the hard way. Please do not trust cash 4 gold!! Go to a jeweler. Thanks for letting me have my say.

Jan 11, 2010

of course u are right they are theifs

Jan 21, 2010

I have used www.Mygolddepot twice now and each time I was paid with in 5 Days of me sending my Gold Pak in. I would recommend My Gold Depot.com to anyone.

Dan

Jan 21, 2010

I am an employee of a gold buying and gold financing company that also operates out of offices in New York and I have been continually impressed by the honesty of the company I work for called www.mygolddepot.com The companies managers and owners pride them self's on Customer Service. They charge a very small but reasonable percentage as a handling fee. When MyGoldDepot.com loans money to customers in lue of payment My Gold Depot only charges a fair 8.5 % intrest compaired to 17 to 20% from other companies. We have been paying out close to 85-90% of the London Gold Fixing rate. All I can say is, I have worked at My Gold Depot for close to 8 mth's and I have only seen the best Customer Service I have ever seen from any service oriented business I have ever worked for. I hav been in this feild for 16 years. I can only recommed that YOU try www.mygolddepot.com you will be impressed.

Danny
    Sands Point, New York

Jan 24, 2010

Cash 4 gold is a MISLEADING, FRAUDULANT, ILLEGAL, FALSE ADVERTIZING AND THIEF OF A COMPANY!!! i sent them piece that had sentimental meaning to me so i could buy my children xmas gifts, and they claimed they never recieved it!! yet their envelopes and commerical say that that IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND SECURE...###!!! it is a wonder no one has sued this damn company!!! I would love to know..how they can PROVE TO ME THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE MY GOLD!??! Then for loosing it they need a copy of your licence?? why???? ugh, i could go on and on...I am definately thinking of reporting them to the BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU AND ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE...

Jan 24, 2010

DO NOT TO BUSINESS WITH US GOLD BUYERS! I shipped a ring to sell, only because I received a decent buyback quote in writing. I was told my diamond would NOT be taken out of the setting. When I received a call back offer, I was given an offer of HALF the original quote. I told them I wanted my ring shipped back immediately. I had an agent call me back and berrade me for 10 minutes, yelling because I would not let him soak my diamond in acid, and sell him my ring for 1/4 the appraisal value. The ring was shipped and the BANDS WERE taken apart. My stomach sank! The diamond looks nothing like the diamond I shipped. I now have to file a police report and have my insurance investigate. I called him on the issue and how the diamond looks different and scratched. He said "ya ya, see you in court". IF YOU SEE A US GOLD BUYER AGENT..RUN!

• H
      Jan 24, 2010

hey what's happening, as a personal favor I sent in my personal piss speaking for all those out there who has been scamed for cash for gold, ### cash for gold !!!

Jan 26, 2010

I also sent cash4gold 3 rings 2 watches 2 necklaces w/gold pendants and a bracelet. They told me they never received my pak and I filled out the claim form sent the copy of my license and now the person who is handeling my claim is never available. They say my claim closes on Feb 5th, but I cannot find out what is going on. I know it was stupid to send in the gold in the first place but I was in a jam, just had a kidney transplant and needed money for meds my insurance wouldn't cover. If anyone knows if there is anything I can do...help!!

• H
      Jan 29, 2010

If they try to scam us, why don't we try and scam them? It may be hard, but if you can find any fake jewelery that looks and feels like gold, you could send it in and they may mistake it for real gold resulting in profit for you.

Jan 31, 2010

What the ### did you ###ers expect... My ten year old said it sounded like a scam and there are ###in grow adults getting scammed... Good job my ten year old son has more knowledge than you ###in mother###in mother###ers ###ers.

Crip fo life!!
    Shender!!!

• 3
      Jan 31, 2010

I took a ### in their envelope and sent it to them. I hope they enjoy.

Feb 03, 2010

If anyone wants to sell their scrap gold then go to a local pawn shop they will usually pay you the going rate on the exchange and there is no waiting or guess work involved.
    I think this should be true in most states as they are usually very heavily regulated by state commerce depts or even in Alabama by the banking commission.

Feb 13, 2010

I too got ripped off. For years I have been hanging on to gold jewelry that I never wore. I live in a small resort town with no pawnshops or anything of the sort, and I finally one day decided to send my gold to these guys. My gut told me not to, but I figured at worst I would just get a tiny percentage of the gold's actual worth. I didn't even get that much. The gold I sent was worth 10s of thousands. Cash for Gold, of course, claimed they never received it, and offered to file an insurance claim for $100. Seriously folks, even if you're convinced you'll need to be buried with your gold because you don't know what else to do with it, keep it, or give it away to a begger on the street. Either way, you'll receive the same return as what you'd get by sending it to these theives.