[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linesguest services

K Nov 14, 2019

I am writing about our recent experience on the Carnival Fascination that we just returned from. (Oct.27th - Nov.3rd)
Elysa Henry in Guest Services was HORRIBLE!! The issue that we had started when we were getting on the ship. We had both of my parents in a wheelchair and 8 suitcases. A carnival worker (forget his name) came over and helped us with the luggage and my parents onto the ship. (HE WAS AWESOME!) We had 6-8pk of pop with us. The carnival worker had us put it in a bag, so we did all except 1 8pk of pop that we could not fit into the bag so he had us put into my Mom's carry on bag. So as we got onto the ship we went to our cabin and all the luggage including the bag with the 5- 8pk of pop was there except my mom's carry on bag that had the last 8pk of pop in it. The bag finally showed up but the 8 pk was taken out. (my mom is a diabetic so she made sure to bring diet pop with her). I went to the customer service desk and got a lady by the name of Elysa Henry I started to explain the situation with the missing pop. She said they took it and threw it away since we did not carry it on. I explained that the carnival worker had us put it into our bags which he took and loaded on the cart. Elysa said are you sure he was a carnival worker? I replied he had a carnival name tag on and brought us onto the ship and that we tipped him so I was pretty sure that he worked for carnival. Elsay said that since we did not carry the pop on that it was thrown cause that was there policy. I asked then why did our other 8pks of pop get to our room. Elyse replies they must have gotten through security. Elysa said that she could call security to have them come to our room and take the pop that did make it to our room. At this point I asked to talk to someone above her, she replied that she was the supervisor and there was nothing she could do. I asked can you make this right? The answer was NO. Now I know that they could have made this right. It was her attitude and the way that she handled it was very disappointing and made carnival look bad.
If you travel on the carnival Fascination I would try to avoid her at all costs because you will just be wasting your time. It's odd to me that when your booking you get the nicest friendliest people but then once on the ship its a different story. VERY DISAPPOINTED

• Resolution Statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response · Nov 15, 2019

Thank you for posting your concerns.

I’m very sorry to hear of your experience and I’d like to extend my sincere apologies for the situations you’ve described.

In reviewing your complaint, I see that you’ve already communicated with Diana and Jennifer in our Guest Care Department, and these matters were addressed. Anytime our guests return home with less than pleasant memories, it is a great concern to us. We truly regret your impression from this cruise was so unfavorable and appreciate your taking the time to give us your feedback. It’s on its way to the relevant departments, as part of our drive for continuous improvement.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for your disappointment and hope we have the opportunity to win back your confidence on a future cruise.

Sincerely,