Care.commisleading

H Review updated:

Company offers a free listing or a "Featured" Listing..for $50 per month..One would think that paying for a listing would give your entry a prime location and extra attention akin to a sponsored link on Google or Yahoo. Not so much..The featured listing offers nothing more than a small green triangle that has "FEATURED" in it...My listing was 22 spots and 2 pages down (not likely to be viewed by your average surfer)..all of which were "free listing" members. No value here and certainly no benefit. When I complained they kept my money and returned me to free listing status. Still no response from this company. Avoid and save your money.

• C
      Feb 12, 2011

Sittercity is a scam, Babysitting jobs are false advertising, they lie and say they are matchmakers, but they are not, Parents dont even know you exist if you are not on the first page results. It sucks, save your money, before using them and protect yourself from Identity Theft. Complaints keep coming and coming from my friends. Do not use sittercity.

Aug 15, 2011

I agree that Care.com promotes false advertising, especially in this case, I actually found someone to do my housekeeping and it took them 30 days to reply to me that I can't leave a review for them!

Complaint Type: Consumer to Business Complaint ( BBB )
    Nature of complaint: A failure to honor a contract or agreement
    Problem description:
    I was subscribed to Care.com I hired a wonderful housekeeper and I wanted to leave a review for this person, but when I went to add a review I found I could not leave one. Apparently, there is a time limit on leaving reviews. I contacted customer service and she stated in an email the policy: Unfortunately, the account that you hired this provider through has since been closed, so you will be unable to leave a review on the provider's Care.com account as reviews are posted on the provider's account through your account. Yet, the FAQ on the website states otherwise, as it does not give a time limit on leaving a review: Who can I review?- As a care seeker, you can review any care provider within the service to which you are subscribed. Please review only providers who have worked for you or with whom you've had contact! I would think that a company that "prides itself on finding caring and safe individuals" to watch our children, or just let into our homes, as I hired a housekeeper from them. That they would be interested in their Care.com caregivers receiving a review to let others know about the process, the person, the care, etc. There should not be a time limit on leaving a review.
    Desired Settlement: Change the Store Policy
    Desired Outcome:
    Again, I would like to see a change in this review policy. I think there should not be a time limit on leaving a review for the caregivers of Care.com

Aug 15, 2011

Sittercity is a very cool service!! I did find a great babysitter through them and recommend them HIGHLY!!

• K
      Jul 06, 2019
    Care.com - Dog walkers and child care
    None

Miriam DASilva /bellere. Is unfit to take care of animals let alone kids. She is unfit

• C
      Jul 31, 2019
    Care.com - Nannying/Babysitting Website
    www.care.com

I had been a nanny with a profile on care.com for quite some time. I nannied for a family in Hinsdale, IL whom I am assuming called and complained to care.com and they ended up terminating my account without even allowing me to say anything on my end as to why employment ended. I think that was very unfair on care.com end.

Oct 09, 2019
    Care.com - unauthorized payment

On 10/02/2019 an unauthorized payment of $156.00 USD was automatically deducted from my bank account. One year ago I made a payment to this company to find housekeeping services. It was a one time only authorized payment for $109.00 USD. I did not authorize this company to deduct any other payments and I'm not a continuing member.