Caralluma Extremeunauthorized credit card charge

this company sent me a product I did not order and never heard of, and charged my American Express card $34.84 under the name "[protected] CaralluProvo".

• Tr
    tracman Feb 17, 2009

I was sent tbhis stuff as well, I never heard of them and they billed my AMEX

• Gh
    ghartong Feb 19, 2009

Me too. Got this junk in the mail was bill by AdiproseRX. Never heard of any of them.

• 4c
    4croozn Feb 21, 2009

Yup, it just happened to mr also. just call amex and they will deal with it. You don't need to pay it. Also, this is against the law and you should contact your state attorney general.

John Feb 22, 2009

I just saw this charge on my check card tonight. Worst timing ever also since I have been laid off from my job a month ago and finally today got "some" money in my bank and wham some charge from a company that sent me some bottle of pills I have never ordered. Sadly my bank is closed at this hour so I can't contact them at the moment. Worst month I ever had and on top of that now people stealing from me

• Vi
    Victimsnomore Feb 22, 2009

This company of thieves is mailing out their product using stolen credit card information to people such as myself who never ordered it in the first place. They have no proof of the order because one does not exists. Refuse to pay this charge. Call your bank and tell them you will not pay the charge and insist that it be credited back immediately. If your bank starts playing games with you cancel the account with them and move on or request a new card.

• Up
    Upset Feb 22, 2009

About a month ago, they made an unauthorized charge of $34.84 onto my Visa card. The company's name was Adipose Rx on my statement. However, the package that the Caralluma Extreme diet pills were sent in stated an address of: Lose Weight Systems, 1155 West Pioneer Blvd. Suite 103-211, Mesquite, NV 89027 . Having done my research, I noticed another victim of this scam had written on a rip-off that she tried calling the Better Business Bureau about this and the Mesquite NV address is non-existent. Caralluma Extreme and / or Adipose Rx need to be held accountable for their actions! I had to cancel my credit card and have a new one re-issued. Today a family member also received the same exact pills under his name and we are going to have to cancel his Visa card too!

• Ak
    AKK Feb 23, 2009

This just happened to me as well. I received the pills in the mail and thought it odd since there was no packing slip. I didn't order them so I thought it was a marketing gimmick. Caralluma Express charged my credit card 4 days later. I've had to cancel my credit card and am filing a complaint with my State's Attorney General.

• Ka
    kam Feb 23, 2009

I just googled this product, because like everyone else, I didn't order this product, nor had I even heard of it. Luckily, Visa brought it to our attention. It was flagged because they had entered the wrong expiration date. This appears to be a pretty widespread scam.

• Rm
    rmg Feb 23, 2009

I just received this product in the mail today & as well received my credit card statement today & of all things there was a charge prom Adiprose RX on there as well as when I called my credit card ocmpany they advised there was a preauthorized automatic withdrawal set up on my account for Callirapruvo or somehting like that. They are sending me theft info as well as they have cancelled this credit card due to the fraudulant charges.

JAS Feb 23, 2009

Me too! I just received a package via USPS First Class Mail with a bottle of Caralluma Extreme inside, which I never ordered. I called my credit card company and guess what? There were two fraudulent charges for $34.84. I promptly canceled my credit card. I'm wondering which web site these thieves hacked into to steal all of our credit card numbers? I do a lot of online shopping with Amazon. Anyone else shop at Amazon? If we can figure out which site they stole our numbers from we can notify the web site in question and hopefully get the security hole plugged.

• Cl
    clint2007 Feb 25, 2009

My Fiance got the pills in the mail. She is into Heath and Fitness and knows what pills to take and very careful at what she orders. She was shocked to get these pills. I called the place and had the order canceled and the money refunded back to the credit card. She has been online doing stuff for our wedding, so not sure if that is how they got the info.

• Sf
    sfshark Feb 25, 2009

They just hit my Visa with the same scam. Thankfully, fraud protection caught it. We use that card all over the place, though, so it's hard to know where the thieves might have gotten the number.

I wonder how many people just assume someone else in the house must have ordered the pills and shrug off the charges.

• Js
    jsmith Feb 25, 2009

I called the company and had them close my account. He told me that they can do this because "you agreed to the terms when you made an online purchase".

The only people we purchase from is flowers.com.

Just wondering, where do everyone buy from?

amazed Feb 25, 2009

OMG!!!
    Thank God I found this site. I thought I was in the twilight zone. I just got this package also and called Capitol One and complained, then called Caralluma Extreme and they just credited my account. How the hell did this happen? Sooooo weird. It's on an automatic payment each month of 34.84! I would NEVER sign up for that. Crazy! We need to contact the attorney general...all of us. I will contact the TV stations also. Sooooo wrong!

• Li
    Lien Feb 26, 2009

I just saw this charge on my credit card today as well! Have not received a package in the mail yet though...now I'm concerned about where the hell this scam company got my credit card information!

• Rj
    rjs324s Feb 26, 2009

I am having to also cancel my card and report to the bank, $34.84 from Caralluma Extreme. Thank goodness I check my transactions for my account. This is crazy!

• Sh
    Shilpa Feb 26, 2009

I just opened my debit card account and suddenly see this charge of $34.84 debited!!
    We need to try and figure out what common link we have and see how they got our info. Since mine is not a credit card, I am worried if I will even get my money back!

• So
    some1new Feb 26, 2009

I got charge on my Capital one card from ADIPOSE RX.
    Credit card called me and I had to cancel my card.
    I would like to know, how does they got our information.

amazed Feb 26, 2009

Ok...this is what you do.
    Google...attorney general of nevada.
    When on the website, find the comsumer complaint form. Download that. Print it out.
    Mail to:

Office of the Attorney General
    Bureau of Consumer Protection
    555 East Washington Ave. Ste. 3900
    Las Vegas, NV 89101

These people have at least 6 names that I found. They need to be stopped. Then google BBB online and file a complaint with them too! We all have to do this to make a statement.

Joe Shallenberger Feb 26, 2009

If bottles of these diet pills, that you never ordered, start showing up in your mailbox and your credit card is being hit for $34.84 for each bottle and you attempt to call the company and have been placed on indefinite hold and never got to speak with a live operator, you're not alone. This is typical of these types of criminal operations.

It's difficult to tell how these criminals are able to obtain your credit card and address information, but it's thought they may be obtaining it via other web orders you may have made to other vendors in the past.

Recommend immediate notification of your bank. You should also file complaints with Nevada State Attorney General as well as that of your home state. Also register complaints with the Federal Trade Commission, the FBI, and the U.S. Postal Inspector.

MacLabDoug Feb 26, 2009

Got hit twice this month by these scammers. $34.84 on 2/3 and again on 2/25. Reported as fraud to MasterCard. Now I have to change all my legit automated charges when I get the new card. Grrrr...

amyelizabeth94 Feb 27, 2009

This just happended to my husband and tonight! Wow, it must be a recent scam... I'm interested to see what happens with them.

mama dear Feb 27, 2009

Everything is fake. This scam is out of kenya, so not much we can do other than try to warn the public...

• Sc
    scammed2009 Feb 27, 2009

Same here - File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commision www.ftc.gov

Sarah Feb 28, 2009

I just read some of the Complaints here and someone mentioned that they got the product through Amazon.com.

There was another person on this website but a different fake product that ordered through a fake Amazon.com website.. so be careful!

They use Oprah and other celebrity names without their consent, and now use a popular name such as Amazon to sell their fake product

Sarah Feb 28, 2009

When it's someone out of the Country you are dealing with -- ic3.gov would be good for this as well. They deal with online crime such as this, and it is a crime to be stealing your money! Especially without your consent...

Sandi Feb 28, 2009

In checking my bank acct - I was also charged for these pills - using my daughter's name for the purchase. Neither of us had ever heard of this company or pills. We also had no packing slip - if I had not checked my statement - would have NEVER known. Thanks for the input - I will also contact BBB to turn them in. The credit is not enough and also go charged for an international charge on my acct.

• Mt
    mtelkhunter Feb 28, 2009

My husband got these in the mail a couple weeks ago and neither of us knew why. After looking them up online and seeing all the unauthorized charges complaints we checked his credit card. They charged him twice under 2 different names. We reported it to his cc company and they are refunding the amount and issuing him a new cc #. When he called the number on the bottle they said they would refund it but if they'll charge you for this unauthorized what is the next thing they'll charge you for and how much will it be? Better off letting the fraud dept of your cc deal with it and getting new number. Also filing a complaint with the Nevada Attorney General. I'm sure the guy benefiting fron all this is sitting on a beach somewhere free from US laws but we don't have to let them keep doing it. Weve used this account to pay our Dish Network bill but not very much else online. Mostly local (MT). Someone is giving them our info who is it?

• La
    laminagroove2 Mar 02, 2009

I received a bogus charge on my card from Adipose Rx. When I reported it to my bank they said that Iwould have to go into my bank, in person, and fill out a report. I have 60 days from the time of the unauthorized charge which still sucks, because I no longer live in the United States where my bank is. So now I have to fly over there to take care of this. A friend of mine told me today that I received a package in the mail, guess what it was...caralluma extreme! I never heard of this thing and definitely NEVER ordered it. If anyone has any advise for me becasue this $34.84 is now gonna cost me a whole lot of money to have the package returned to sender and fly over there to sort out my bank account.

• Ki
    kinkaid Mar 02, 2009

I read a Complaint that this so called Company was in another Country... you should read some of the Complaints here, maybe you'll find it.

ic3.gov deals with internet crime such as yours.

• Jp
    jpoole2 Mar 02, 2009

I recieved diet pills and my credit card was charged.
    This was unauthorized by me. I don't even know how they got my credit card number.
    They should be arrested and prosicuited to the extent of the law.

• Ro
    rocker314 Mar 03, 2009

These are the kinds of tactics that makes me scared to apply anythin online. Try to see other complaints (if there is) at Scam Search.

• Fr
    Fred Mar 05, 2009

A search through CNN.News.com

"FREE TRIAL OFFERs" FOR ACAI BERRY ARE NOT FREE!
    In fact they will cost you more than 4 TIMES AS MUCH as it should cost per bottle. These scammers will charge your credit card at least $80 per bottle each month. That more than twice as much as quality freeze-dried acai berry should cost. And to make it worse, they send you crappy drum dried Acai Berry, which cost about 1/2 as much to produce. So you end up paying at least 4 times more per bottle than you should.

YOU WILL BE SIGNED UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
    Yes, they say they just charge you for shipping. If that were so, it wouldn't be bad. But in reality, they just want your credit card number and will bill you every month for a subscription you didn't sign up for. They bury the fine print in their terms and conditions.

YOU WILL SPEND HOURS TRYING TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION
    There will either be noone to contact to return the crappy product, or they will say you have to call their customer service number to get return authorization. When you do, you are put on hold and shuffled between different people until you give up. Don't believe me? Before you purchase, call or email them and say you did not sign up for a subscription and please stop sending the product. You will get the runaround

THEY WILL SHIP YOU A CRAPPY, NEARLY WORTHLESS NO NAME BRAND OF ACAI BERRY SUPPLEMENT
    They don't expect you to be happy with the product. They don't care, so they make even more money by shipping you crap. Acai Berry supplements must be freeze dried, or else they lose most of the nutrients and antioxidents. These scammers use cheap, heat processed Acai that cost 1/2 as much. Read more about choosing a quality supplement

THEY OFTEN BUNDLE OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION TO CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE
    It's really obscene what some of these scammers do. We've listed a common offer below, where they bundle additional offers if you do not deselect the checkbox (it's checked by default). Some are hitting people with $150 a month in charges.

• Ms
    ms_kitty Mar 06, 2009

They did the same for me, but I was charged $93.90 for something called Adipose RX...I just happened to check my bank account that day because my phone bill was coming out. When they charged that amount it ended up making my phone bill bounce...TWICE. They refused to refund for the $58 in overdraft fees, which I feel they were responsible for because if they hadn't FRAUDULENTLY charged my account, it would have gone through. They refunded the $93.90 but only after I pitched a fit about it. Obviously they got my card number from some other company, but they wouldn't say which one. Thankfully my bank reversed the overdraft fees...

Madashell Mar 07, 2009

I am so sick of these dishonest people doing these scams to hard-working people! I just got charged on 2/27 for $34.84 for Carallumma Extreme-which I've never heard of. I feel so violated! They used my Visa that I haven't charged anything to for an entire year. If this is happening to so many people, how come they can't trace this fake company and throw these thieves is prison! Sooo aggrevating!

• Jk
    jkozar Mar 07, 2009

Unauthorized charges in my credit card bill in amount of $34.84 on 1/31/2009 by "ADIPOSE RX [protected] KNA" and in the same amount $34.84 on 2/27/2009 by "Caralluma extreme [protected] KNA". Read a couple of consume complains on line and immediately disputed these two charges...

• St
    Stephen Mar 07, 2009

Report them to the FTC as well:
    * Online: Use our secure complaint form: [English] [En Español]
    600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20580

• St
    Steph Mar 09, 2009

Thank you! I opened the package and for some reason threw away the package! I needed to address to send it back so the bank could claim it as fraud!! I can't believe how this could happen. I had missed the first charge on my account but I caught the second one. What a scam!!
    Thanks again.

• Kn
    knarf smith Mar 09, 2009

just got my second bag of pills googled mesquite nv address found this site checked am ex bill they got me 34.84 am ex following up. asked am ex how these guys girls??? got my number. am ex said they would try to find out. In the past Am ex has always been good.

• We
    werdpro Mar 09, 2009

I just received package in mail I did not order and went online to find info about company I received it from. This complaint site popped up and I immediately called my credit card company. I was charged $34.84 by company name Carallumma Extreme. The return address on package is: Lose Weight Systems, 1155 W. Pioneer Blvd., Suite 103-211, Mesquite, NV 89027. I believe is connected with order I placed online for Acai Berry which was to be a 14 day free trial. I received the product 15 days after order and the day before I received product they charged my credit card $87.13. When product arrived insert note listed how the charge may appear on statement as
    FWM Laboratories, FWM Labs, Lipaphen-RX, Acai Berry Detox or Life Cleanse. I called FWM Labs and told them I would dispute the charge with credit card company. I told them to cancel my account and not charge my credit card. I finally did get credit on my
    credit card one month later. I have not ordered anything since the free trial and today received the package from Lose Weight Systems. My credit card company is blocking account and giving me a new cc #. Now we need to contact all legit automated charges when get new card.