Caralluma Extremeunauthorized credit card charge

this company sent me a product I did not order and never heard of, and charged my American Express card $34.84 under the name "[protected] CaralluProvo".

• Br
    Brent May 29, 2009

Same nightmare here. Never ever transacted with this company. Never got any product delivered. Talked to a customer service rep that was useless and said they had no record of any transaction yet plain as day $34, 84 charge on my account

CardEmployee4U May 11, 2009

I work for a credit card company and we are dealing with this issue daily, along with other places. My best advice is to only use your card online wiht sites that say all information is encrypted. And it usually a good idea to have some sort of fraud /id prot in case they use the info to try and open new accounts in your name that you ar not aware of.

• Je
    jesseb Apr 26, 2009

I'm so glad I found this site too. I was shocked to find this charge. I am dealing with capitol one now. what a pain in the ### this is...ughh!

am i really going to get this product in the mail?

• St
    Steve Apr 23, 2009

I too received this product in the mail and got TWO charges to my Visa card of $34.84 each. I had to cancel my card. Why isn't someone doing something about this?

• Bi
    Bill Apr 19, 2009

My Mother in Law just found a charge from these jerks on a recently opened MC. How did they get a new number unless they've hacked into the MC mainframe? So much for security!

• Sw
    swoodis Apr 18, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I called the company and sat on the phone for 25 minutes listening to their recording waiting for a customer service person to answer. Hung up and emailed them. Then called my credit card company. What a commotion this causes for everyone. How do these people get our card numbers is what I'd like to know.!!! We need to report them!

• La
    lafrab Apr 13, 2009

They just hit my Bank of America card. I told bank of American, registered the complaint for a fraudulant charge and then had them cancel that card and issue a new one. If that number is jeopardized then other scammer may have it. [email protected]

• Rh
    RHinSoCA Apr 13, 2009

Same occurrence here in the Palm Springs area of So. CA. I called the company and spoke with a rep, Ms. Perez, who found the illegal charges and removed them - with luck, they will be removed by the next billing cycle. (on a VISA card)

I then got a hold of a "Manager" there and explained that if it was not someone within the company that was doing this (the "Manager" denied any culpability of course), then it was someone who had something against them. I strongly urged this Manager to get a hold of a person in their executive branch and indicate to them that, a major s#||tstorm was about to hit.

I am sure the Attorney General of NEvada has a raft of complaints and has taken notice. - best of luck to all.

• Lz
    lzzlie Apr 04, 2009

me too. These people should be in prison. I'm serving in Iraq and rarely have the opportunity to view my bills, I finally accessed them tonite and discovered I was billed twice last month. This is disgusting. What next?

• On
    oncebit Apr 03, 2009

Did this happen to anybody around the same day as making a wire transfer or dealing with online stock trades? this company might be unknowingly piggybacked onto legit companies. those were the only recent transactions from my account when i got hit, so if anyone else had similar transactions we might be able to let that/those companies know

• Se
    seasoned Apr 01, 2009

I also have an unauthorized cahrge of $34.84 on my bank account. Have tried calling them, no answer. I never got any pills in the mail either, just a charge for them.

• Re
    red Apr 01, 2009

I just checked my credit card statement, and I was charged $34.84, too, from Caralluma Extreme. They charged it on Friday, 3/27. I did not order anything from them, and contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge. However, what other charges are going to show up now that this company has my credit card number?

• Br
    brianna99 Mar 31, 2009

...i noticed the same charge on my credit card for 34.84 (Caralluma Extreme). This was a bit alarming because i don't recall ever giving my authorization for such a product, nor have i ever received this product. I called right away and the lady i spoke with was very nice and took care of the matter immediately, still curious how this informations was gotten??? scary.

CAgirl Mar 31, 2009

I have gotten 3 charges, two from ADIPOSE and one from Caralluma Extreme all for 34.84. I have no idea where they got our information but they say that they have their information on a variety of sites so when you purchase something from another site there is a place to "add on" this diet pill and then they get your info and your sucked into their SCAM!!!

• Ha
    Hate Scam Artist Mar 30, 2009

All they need is all the information they already have of your mom and the card she used. In the future, they will continue to charge her unless you close the Account period!!

They will also sell her information to other Telemarketers for future use of scamming and drying up what she has financially.

Caralluma is pretty much overseas. There is a Company in India that recently got busted for selling peoples personal information to anyone that was willing to pay the price to get personal Credit Card info.

• Ha
    Hate Scam Artist Mar 30, 2009

You need to file fraudulent charges. If not, then just shut down the Card. For some people, even though they closed the CArd and get a new one, they still get charges on it a few months later. Why? The Account is still the same, just not the Card. They still have your Moms information with the old Card and keep that on file and will continue to use it.

• Ri
    RIPPED OFF! Mar 30, 2009

My mother called a television commercial last year and bought something from the "And if you call now, we will double, blah, blah, blah".
    That was it. They have sold her card to other companies, and this is the 3rd time she has been charged falsely...this time for the $34.84
    Guess it is time for a new card.
    UGH

• Fr
    fraud debit! Mar 28, 2009

got charged $34.84 plus $1.05 international transaction fee ! for this compnay never oredered a thing!! called bBof A & the company! the company couldnt even find a order WOW cause I never ordered Bof A reversing & snding me paperwrk re claim & amount reversal!

• Co
    Connie Mar 27, 2009

There was an unauthorized charge on my account from CARALLLUMMA EXTREME for 34.84. B of A was not very helpful and said it was a pending charge and could not do anything until it was posted to my account. I googled the name and found this site. Never heard of the company and I would like to know how they got my card number. Why isn't this being investigated by the FTC? These people need to be behind bars for a long, long time!

• Ve
    very upset Mar 26, 2009

I got a call on Sat regarding this and they said that they would not allow the charge to hit and I just look on my bank account and the charge was there and an international fee as well. Wonder what do to?????

• Sk
    skulterfly Mar 25, 2009

I had the charges today! Cancelled my card filed a dispute. Someone needs to stop them, my bank said its nearly impossible to find them. Come on who knows what to do someone has to! I didnt ever recieve anything in the mail from them but if I do Im going to ask my postmaster about the Inspection service..

• Si
    sixscrews Mar 24, 2009

I have been receiving these packages, too. I asked my carrier what to do (a nice letter carrier - something from a '50s kids book!) and he told me to write 'Refused' on the label and put it in my mailbox.

They (Adipose RX) sent me an 'order cancellation' acknowledgement a few days later and credited my CC for the 'order.'

However, they did not credit me for the previous package of junk that I got - I had to send them the following:
    --------------------------------------
    3/14/09 I am requesting, in the strongest, terms, the refund of the charge of $34.84 that you made on 2/25/09 to my CitiCard Master Card account ending in 8914. This charge was not knowingly authorized by me and I did not intend to order any product associated with this charge. I have received two packages of fake diet pills from you - I opened the packing material on one package (but did not break the seal on the bottle of fakediet pills contained in the package) and refused delivery of the second. I will return the first package to you provided you provide me with a return shipping label and pay the cost of same. You have since acknowledged cancellation of my order #338162 on 3/11/09 but have not yet refunded this charge. I will take any and all steps necessary, including reporting this to the USPS fraud service, to resolve this.

Please refund my $34.84 immediately.

-------------------------------

The $34.84 credit showed up a few days later.

BUT...another $34.84 charge is now on my bill from another place - Caralluma extreme

So - I have to go through this again. I don't want to cancel this CC but it looks necessary. What a PITA.

Since they are sending this stuff through the US Postal Service it may be possible to get the Postal Inspection Service involved. They have powers similar to a law enforcement agency and can be quite rough.

I would guess that the 'order canceled' e-mail was intended to skirt the postal regulations.

This stuff started the same day my wife ordered some stuff from VitaminDeal.com - does anyone have a similar problem?

I googled vitamindeal.com and got three pages of their ads and questionable blog posts regarding them but only one complaint - apparently resolved - so that may be a red herring.

• De
    Dee Mar 23, 2009

Just happened to me also. First I got a bottle in the mail thinking someone thought I was fat and needed it. I asked the Post Master if there was some kind of promotion for them when I received another bottle last week. He said not that he knew of. Today I received my visa bill and saw Caralluma Extreme $34.84. I called the 800 number and it was so broken up that it was like a cell phone breaking up. Could only catch a few words here and there. Then I called visa and they are sending me a new cc and taking off the charges. They also told me someone "charged it again on March 12th." That would be the next statement. Now I'm afraid to buy anything online. I was so careful of the sites I ordered from. Or at least I thought I was. CHECK YOUR STATEMENTS!

• Je
    Jean Craft Mar 23, 2009

This is the second unauthorized charge on my account. I did not order this product, do not want this product and I feel I am being robbed of money. Unfair to me and others who have the same complaint. <br />
    <br />
    I want this charge off of my account. <br />
    <br />
    Very unscrupulous way to get money!!!

• Al
    alan Mar 18, 2009

just found out and saw my bank of america debit card/bank statement and saw a 34.84 charge, on march 13th 2009 under carralumma extreme the lady i talked to on the phone also noticed 2 other charges dating back to months of jan and feb both for 34.84 and other fees of 1.50 for a total of 108.00 dollars, i had to cancel my debit card and as of right now have a "temporary" funds deposited into my account. i have never orderd diet pills or any other pills over the net. yes this is a scam indeed.

• Be
    beached Mar 18, 2009

caralluma extreme

Fraudulent Credit Card Use
    BEWARE!!! This product will come to you in the mail and the company will fraudulently charge your credit card $34.00!!! We had to cancel our major credit card due to this fraud. Before you discard the product and it's packaging, call your credit card company and give them all the information on the bottle and packaging so they can do a thorough investigation. My credit card company did not charge my card because they were informed this was FRAUD. BEWARE!!!

• Wa
    Wake up people!!! Mar 18, 2009

Welcome to the club of have been dupped...

In a scheme called "negative option" advertising, dozens of companies nationwide offer "free" trials of acai diet products, claiming endorsements from Oprah Winfrey, Rachael Ray and others, but then charge month after month unless the consumer cancels the order, according to the bureau.
    "BBB [the Better Business Bureau] can't speak to the restorative or weight loss properties of acai-based products, but we are taking companies to task for their misleading sales and marketing practices, " bureau spokesman Steve Cox said in a statement.
    "Many businesses across the country are using the same selling model for their acai products: They lure customers in with celebrity endorsements and free trial offers, and then lock them in by making it extremely difficult to cancel the automatic delivery of more acai products every month, " he said in the release.
    The endorsements are also misleading, according to the bureau, and some celebrity lawyers have already gone after these online companies.
    "Consumers should be aware that Oprah Winfrey is not associated with nor does she endorse any acai berry product or online solicitation of such products. Attorneys for Harpo are pursuing any companies that claim such an affiliation, " said Don Halcombe, spokesman for Harpo Productions, Winfrey's production company.
    Consumers can check www.bbb.org to get a "reliability report" on particular companies before purchasing an online product.
    "These companies are simply abusing general acai berry endorsements from well-known, trusted celebrities by using it as a tacit endorsement of their company and products specifically, " added the bureau's Cox.
    "Consumers trust Oprah and unfortunately, if they are tricked into believing that she is putting her stamp of approval on a product then they are definitely more likely to purchase it, " he said.
    In my opinion, the BBB can only give these bogus Companies a bad name, you have to file charges to get these crooks off the internet!!!

• Uh
    uh? Mar 18, 2009

Why do you even ask? Can't you even look up the ingredients on the product you received? Or are you that stupid... so if you've been scammed..what if it's poison?

• Ju
    Juana Mar 15, 2009

Has anyone actually taken the pills? What if it's poison pills?

• Ti
    tiredofthis Mar 15, 2009

My husband received a shipment of this product and I encouraged him to find out where it came from then a few weeks later another package showed up. How are they getting our credit card numbers. He call and they charged his cc now he had to cancel his cc and get a new one reissued. What is this stuff anyway?

Casey Mar 15, 2009

Be careful, most of the time when you don't know how the charges got on your card, is because they sell your personal information to other Telemarketers.

It is a pain to get a new card but it's better to be safe than sorry. If it's still the same account but a new card, that's another red flag. Some people have posted that they got more charges a few months later. They add new charges using your information they have of you.

File charges with your CC Company, the Federal Trade Commission and Attorney Generals office online in the State you received your bogus product.

• Ju
    Juana Mar 14, 2009

Wow all the comments above was very helpful my BF just checked his bank account and we were trying to figure out what that charge of $34.84 was about??? And all this time he thought I ordered those pills for him thinking that I wanted him to go on a diet! UGH now he has to get a new card

• Co
    cooldj Mar 11, 2009

That's not right. You can also use search engines like Scam Search bout this company too.

• Mo
    Montkrell Mar 11, 2009

Ditto... Just got off the phone with Discover Card. They agreed to credit the account and initiate a fraud investigation. Sounds like the same scam...same products... Prove Utah, etc..

obtw... Got two containers in the mail about a month apart. When they arrived there wasn't a shipping document or invoice in the envelope. I thought that maybe they were sending out free samples. Never even occurred to me that they were charging a credit card somehow until I looked over a recent statement.

When I called the 800 number listed on the credit card statement for "Caralluma Provo Utah" all I got was "All agents are busy please record a message". Left mine with a name and phone number saying I wanted an explanation and a credit. Needless to say no one has returned the call. Hopefully, they are in custody!

• Cr
    Crooks Mar 10, 2009

Got this from the ABC News website:

Consumers Warned to Avoid 2 Supplement Sales Sites
    BBB warns consumers of 2 companies that use Oprah, other celebrity names, to sell supplements
    NEW YORK January 7, 2009

The BBB on Monday named Central Coast Nutraceuticals Inc. of Phoenix and FX Supplements of Arlington, Texas, as two companies that engage in misleading sales and marketing practices. At least part of the issue is their use of "negative option marketing" techniques that require customers to cancel recurring orders or membership in ongoing programs they may or may not be aware they've signed up for. BBB said it received numerous complaints from consumers who found it difficult to cancel the orders, and were often charged multiple times.

BBB also criticized the companies for using what appear to be endorsements from Oprah Winfrey, Rachel Ray and other celebrities for their products to lure customers in. "They knew they had a gold mine here by using Oprah's name, " said BBB spokeswoman Alison Preszler-Southwick.

Both Web sites feature photos of and comments made by Winfrey and others regarding the reported health benefits of acai (pronounced AH-sigh-ee), along with identical photo montages of other stars who have purportedly used acai to boost their diets. While neither site specifically claims endorsement of their products, the BBB said the tactic misled consumers who thought the products were getting the nod of approval from their favorite stars

• Sc
    Scam Artist Mar 10, 2009

"FREE TRIAL OFFERs" FOR ACAI BERRY ARE NOT FREE!
    In fact they will cost you more than 4 TIMES AS MUCH as it should cost per bottle. These scammers will charge your credit card at least $80 per bottle each month. That more than twice as much as quality freeze-dried acai berry should cost. And to make it worse, they send you crappy drum dried Acai Berry, which cost about 1/2 as much to produce. So you end up paying at least 4 times more per bottle than you should.

YOU WILL BE SIGNED UP FOR A SUBSCRIPTION
    Yes, they say they just charge you for shipping. If that were so, it wouldn't be bad. But in reality, they just want your credit card number and will bill you every month for a subscription you didn't sign up for. They bury the fine print in their terms and conditions.

YOU WILL SPEND HOURS TRYING TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION
    There will either be noone to contact to return the crappy product, or they will say you have to call their customer service number to get return authorization. When you do, you are put on hold and shuffled between different people until you give up. Don't believe me? Before you purchase, call or email them and say you did not sign up for a subscription and please stop sending the product. You will get the runaround

THEY WILL SHIP YOU A CRAPPY, NEARLY WORTHLESS NO NAME BRAND OF ACAI BERRY SUPPLEMENT
    They don't expect you to be happy with the product. They don't care, so they make even more money by shipping you crap. Acai Berry supplements must be freeze dried, or else they lose most of the nutrients and antioxidents. These scammers use cheap, heat processed Acai that cost 1/2 as much. Read more about choosing a quality supplement

THEY OFTEN BUNDLE OTHER PRODUCTS IN THE SUBSCRIPTION TO CHARGE YOU EVEN MORE
    It's really obscene what some of these scammers do. We've listed a common offer below, where they bundle additional offers if you do not deselect the checkbox (it's checked by default). Some are hitting people with $150 a month in charges.

• Bo
    bopper Mar 10, 2009

CARALLUMMA EXTREME

credit card fraud

Complaint Rating:
    this company sent me a product I did not order and never heard of, and charged my VISA 35.19 with out my authorization. I call the 800 number listed for this company and was told that my charge will be removed in 8-10 business days. I called VISA and had to report my card stolen so this will not happen again...Scary thing is that they had all the correct information about my card!!!

• Jm
    JMeineker Mar 10, 2009

caralluma extreme
    Unauthorized Credit Card Charges

Caralluma
    New York

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! I don't know how they got my Discover card number, but they have made two charges of $34.84 to my account. I didn't order this junk. I don't want this junk! I have filed a complaint with Discover, but the card will not decline any further charges made from this fraud, and I have to file a new complaint for each new charge to my account. I am really steamed!!! What else can be done??? Can anyone help???

madashell Mar 10, 2009

CarallumaExtreme -

Unauthorized Billing

Caralluma Extreme or Adipose RX

I started recieving weight loss product in the mail, no packing information, I thought it was an advertising thing, so I never persued. Then the next month another came, so I checked the internet, and found so many complaints about this. The complaints included the fact that peoples credit cards were charged unauthorized. I checked my card, sure enough both months under two different names, Caralluma Extreme and Adipose RX.

• Sh
    Sheryl White Mar 09, 2009

unauthorized credit card charge

Mesquite, Nevada
    Phone: [protected]

Received bottle of CarallumaExtreme with no invoice enclosed in package. Called phone number on bottle. Was assured a refund would be made. I didn't even know the amount of the charge..nor which of my credit cards was used. Turned out to be a Visa..and the representative had no idea how the company got my credit card number! More than scary and I am furious