Caracol Cream / fraudulent free sample, unclear business practices

1 Ontario, CA, United States
Phone: 1-877-550-0630

Do not deal with this company! I too was led to believe that I would only pay a nominal shipping fee for a "free" sample. I was at work and my husband was home when the package came. Unfortunately he paid the c.O. D. Import fee (I live in canada) of $40.00!!
If I had any idea they were charging obscene amounts for fraudulent free samples I would have sent it back, as I am doing now. I was told nicely that the company wasn't aware of this import fee, but having read these previous posts this is apparently a lie. I also read caracol cream's response about how they are working on fixing those glitches. That was dated in 2017 and it seems like they are pulling the same scam.
The jar that they shipped me was also not properly
Sealed - it had a wafer plastic cover beneath the lid, one that was easily flipped off. So hygiene is also an issue (don't know how many times this cream has been returned?).
I have also included some links that my help with other complaints:

Dj
Richmond, bc
Canada

Dj

Comments

• 0 Votes
    Caracol Cream - Caracol Cream
    Cambodia

I have been had by Caracol Cream...ordered the 14 day sample which
    was never sent. Company emailed me that package had been sent on
    8/20 by ups...today 9-3-08 I contacted ups and they said a label had
    been printed on 8/20, but the package had not be sent! I emailed the
    company and told them to cancel and received an email back saying
    I was being charged 25% of the monthly cost if I canceled. Apparently
    this was what I agreed to when I ordered. This must have been hidden
    somewhere in the ordering process, because I never saw it.

This company needs to be flagged for deceptive and illegal business practices.
    Wish I had seen this complaint board BEFORE I gave them my credit card number!!

• Po

I ordered a 14 day free trail for the cost of shipping $4.95. As soon as I clicked the order button a message came up that my charge card would be charged $59.95. I immediately tried to cancel the order. I got an email back saying my order had already shipped and I would be charged $59.95. I could return the product at my cost and be charged a restocking fee of 25%.

Do not order from this company. They did the same thing to me. I am disputing this with my credit card company. I plan to write letters to the Attorney General, and B.B.B. They billed me 59.00 for a trail (I got the special shipping $1.99) I cancelled the first week.
    This company is horrible! I had the rudest employee name Tiffany and got no where dealing with her.

• Yi

Ontario
    Phone: 18775500630

I ordered a free trail of caracol eye cream for 14 days period. they never send me that. instead, they send me a jar of caracol cream single jar and charged me $59 plus shipment fee.

• 0 Votes

The exact same thing has happened to me.

• Gk

I ordered the 14day trial before reading the compalints...I can I join the class action lawsuite. These people are determined to keep billing you even after you try to cancel.

• 0 Votes

DO NOT LIKE PRODUCT. MY FACE IS BRIGHT RED AND ITHCES. DO NOT SEND ME OR BIL ME FOR ANYMORE F YOUR CREAM1 DOROTHY DESANO

• Li

5300 Ontario Mills Parkway
    Ontario
    Phone: 877-550-0630
    caracol-cream.com

Also scammed by ordering and trying to return to a FAKE ADDRESS. Wish had read the complaints before ordering.

Caracol Cream - Double Billing, No Product shipped
    Caracol Cream

I was doubled billed, no product was shipped. I called and spoke with a agent at Caracol Cream. He said that they were real slow in shipping product, I asked him why they charged my account again when I have not received my first order. I asked him to cancel my order and credit my account with what was taken out of it total amount charged with NO product $133.80. The agent told me he could not refund my money and he could not connect me with anyone that could. There was not a number for refund, and the agent hung up.

Caracol Cream - Lawsuit - Fraud/Scam Resolution Update
    caracol-cream.com

LADIES!!! Here's an update since my last post on the Class Action Lawsuit. Lots have definitely transpired since then. An article was also written up on Health.com regarding the false claims and scam operations. http://pokedandprodded.health.com/2017/09/29/dont-get-slimed-the-slippery-web-promotion-of-an-anti-aging-breakthrough/

If you go to www.caracol-cream.com now, it is is new web site. You cannot find the fake Doctors Recommended quotes, nor the 2017 Best Anti-Aging cream voted by the American Anti-Aging Association anywhere. Looks like they are cleaning up their SCAM operation due to too many complaints filed to the BBB (which I recommended everyone do...who has contacted me).

Please read the email I received from Jason ([email protected]). For your refund...please you should contact him directly. I hope you all find justice soon... :)

*****************

Kim,

My name is Jason and I would just like to let you know I am a senior representative of the company Caracol Cream. I sincerely appreciate your opinion on our company and I have no doubt in my mind that your experience with our company comes with adequate proof and background. I am not going to try and deny these allegations as I have come to realize through my own personal research, I am fully acknowledging our flaws and faults. I do realize that our customer service does have some crucial holes, those of which we are striving to replace for our past, present and future customers.

I want to take this opportunity and apologize for these unpleasant experiences with our company thus far, and offer my assistance in resolving any and all issues your currently have with our company. If you are in need of any assistance that you were unable to receive via our customer support team, I would be more than happy to give it to you.

My second request is for you to pass this message along to any other customers that have personally contacted you through this post. I understand that many customers have felt betrayed by our insufficient customer support and I want to do justice to their complaints by fully addressing them myself personally.

I do understand you are probably very angry with our company, however I do want to point out that we are currently accepting the fact that there were mistakes done, and I feel the only thing reasonable to do is to right these wrongs.

Sincerely,

Jason
    Senior Management Team

• 0 Votes

I am having difficulty finding how to return a product. When I get some one on the phone they are no help.

• 0 Votes

I refused the trial offer and sent it back unopened. My credit card was charged . Then I was charged $61.73, that was removed and I was charged $70.97 . Scam Scam Scam !!! I am a widow on a fixed income . If anyone has has been successful in get their money back please explain how .
    Thanks, Ana

• 0 Votes

You think that is bad? Read this...

www.goodmaid.com

If you read this you will NEVER use a maid service again!!

First off, I had a hot date and hoped to take her back to my place..."you know, to have some milk and read the Bible".

I can't believe I tried to use this service but I didn't have time to clean up myself. I needed maid service so I thought I would try someone that I found online. Big mistake!!! Even their website is down now. It's now just a bunch of lewd advertisements.

I talked to them and they said they could come out the next day but it would cost me an extra $20 bucks. I guess I'm a sucker.

I left the door of my apartment unlocked so they could get in.

When I got back home, they had left a note on the door saying it was going to cost extra to clean my apartment. WTF!! I already paid an extra $20 bucks for same day service. When I went in they had not even cleaned and you will NEVER believe what I found in the bathroom. You have got to look at the pictures. Prepare to be disgusted. Warning!!! Graphic!!! Not for youth.

I was really upset!! I am on a tight budget anyway. I save most of my money my cigarettes (Benson & Hedges) and I like to eat out once in a while. That's about all the pleasure I get out of life. (well, except for an occasion date)

I have posted pictures of my apartment on this website. When you see these you're gonna see why I was disgusted.

It wasn't all that dirty. I even left some cleaning supplies out and I took my cats to a friends so that they were not in the way.

I'm really pissed!!! I want my $20 bucks back that I payed with my credit card.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers. Chad

[email protected]

• 0 Votes

Got cream buy when I went to return the cream the Email Address can not be found not sure on how to send back the cream and canncel my order Whis I would of read about all this before ordering

• 0 Votes

I just received my american express statement and on it is caracol cream 10/02/08 which i never received because i had sent you a lettter of coplaint and told you NOT TO END ME ANY MORE OF YOUR CREAM so, why am i biled for something i haven't received and don't want to RECEIVE? I will not pay for the cream I HAVEN'T received and DON'T want. Take it off my bill!!! dorothy desano

• Ka

California

File a complaint with the FBI if you truly believe you were defrauded, it will be worth your time to put an end to this companies illegal business practicesl.

• Rh

Carocal Cream - Caracol Cream
    Carocal cream
    Macon
    Georgia

How do we stop payment or stop the continued charges? They continue to bill my account.

• Le

charged want to return no address

carocal cream - Caracol Cream
    Carocal Cream

Carocal Cream offers a free sample jar. You will be charged $59.95 plus $49.5 for that jar

Caracol Cream Wrinkle Treatment - You will be tricked into scam
    Iowa
    caracolcreams.com

They claim Caracol Cream treats acne and injuries and it isn't.