Capital World Financial (aka Hatitac Financial)Scam Phishing Email

I received this fake email a while ago. It's pretty easy to tell it's phishing tho. Pretty much anytime there's spelling mistakes it's a total sham. BMO and RBC phishing scams are everywhere too. I just delete em.

I get so much Western Union stuff it's insane.

Oh, also lottery winnings. I seem to win the lottery on a daily basis.

I actually know of someone personally who used to do this kind of scam. It's so hilarious, 'cause he talks about it as though it's an honest job. He'll wipe the sweat off his brow and tell me about how much work and expenses it takes to scam someone.

Ridiculous!

Chrissie.

More Capital World Financial (aka Hatitac Financial) Complaints & Reviews

• Gy
    gypsylord78 Sep 19, 2010

found a cool resource for more info on this:

www.capitalworldfinancialscam.com

Enjoy.

jauglegeer19h9 Jun 14, 2010

I noticed a few variations of email scams that attack CWF. There's one where they offer to give you a position in the company for a few hundred bucks, but you have to pay them within one hour of receiving the message or some ### like that.

I'm sure Capital World Financial scam detection centre will inform people if this fraudelent email becomes as widespread as their phishing problems.

chingcousyman1988 Jun 14, 2010

hehe bmwfreak, you're right. They'll get caught. But what then? Sue them? They're running out of bugs to eat over there, so I doubt they're carrying any extra pocket change.

• Gr
    greatfortis87g3 Jun 14, 2010

lol know why they do that vortex? It's cause they don't have real skills at all. They just rip the site by View Source, then modify it. Of course if they had real skill they would use it. $ is the only thing on their minds. They resort to this kinda ### only cause it's all they know how.

Let's face it, poverty never goes away. It just takes different forms. Now that we have this wonderful thing called the internet poverty will be sure to find its place on there. It's no different from having homeless people wandering the streets. Anyway, without scams you wouldn't have saviors.

• Su
    Submarina Jun 14, 2010

Just received this one today that actually seems to be coming from Chase. And I'm not a Chase customer either...

• Vo
    vortex5406 Jun 14, 2010

What I always wonder is how the hell can people waste all this time and money on writing ### like phishing scams and viruses when they could be making so much more money applying those skills to do good things. I mean, if they're that good at making fake websites look real, there comes a point where fake becomes real. Instead of being the ### of the earth, scamming the elderly all day long, they could be making a positive difference in people's lives.

• Ki
    kimooo Jun 13, 2010

A lot of people may not have enough knowledge to judge which one is true or scam until they learn by mistake.

• Bm
    bmwfreak Jun 12, 2010

with 17 years of financial services experience I would say that eventually these ### that are making these SCAM emails will get caught.

• Le
    leungr Jun 12, 2010

Everyday I keep receiving the junk email like: You can make over $2000 per week with spending 1 hour per day at home. What a SCAM like this!!! My friend tried to register to see if it is scam. First, the site will tell you that you don't need to pay to download their material. However, it is just a crappy e-copy information. If you want to get full copy, you may need to pay about US$40. When you punch in your information to their site and pay, you will also download full crappy copy so-called material. And you will receive tons of junk email to tell you another crappy making money material. The worst thing is you will also receive phone call from somewhere if you provide true contact information.

Don't trust anything to make easy money on the web! This is really a SCAM!

• Le
    leoleo Jun 12, 2010

I had been working in the bank for over 10 years. Bank never ask people to provide their online login account id + password to fix this and that through the email/web. Everything will be settled in the branch. Please be alert any email sending by fake bank email address.

I am pretty appreciate CWF Capital World Financial posted this message here!

• Ro
    Ron Neil Jun 12, 2010

These were not only scam at all but also with virus on those scam web sties.
    Last week, I got email from BMO mentioned that my online bank account was detected strange transaction activities. They sent me the link to login. When I clicked the URL, the IE browser pop up and then my anti-virus program noticed that this URL had potential risk to damage my system. Then my system shut down automatically. Damm... Now I have to keep scanning my computer to see if any potiential problem.

• Wm
    wmad456 Jun 02, 2010

Capital World Financial Scam centre seems useful. Really hate phising emails. I got caught with one 8 years ago and the problem it caused... unexplainable.

• Hi
    Hidy Leung Jun 02, 2010

I use gmail. When these arrive in my inbox, Gmail puts a red warning across the top of them saying something like "Warning, this email might not be from whom it seems" or something like that.

Unfortunately, they only have to have one in a thousand people believe that they are real.

• Kp
    kpmg3786 Jun 02, 2010

I have also had the Paypal ones, claiming my PIN has been compromised and I should use the provided link to log in blah blah blah.

I have become very skilled at deleting mail without even opening it. I get tons of it at the AE addresses. If all the lottery win notifications were genuine, I'd be a billionaire several times over.
    Also, a lot of the offspring of ex-African leaders want to deposit large sums of money into the AE accounts. I'm very pleased about this but I'm still waiting for the deposits.

• St
    SteveMartin2 May 28, 2010

By the way the phising email I got was sent from Germany.

• St
    SteveMartin2 May 28, 2010

Capital World Financial Scam Detection Centre THANKS!!! got the phising email a week ago. No problem detecting it. Nice Job.

• Ds
    dslaureje205 May 15, 2010

I think more companies ought to follow CWF's lead. If every company had a Capital World Financial Scam Detection Centre the world would be a better place. Being proactive about protecting one's own clients sends a message of safety that in this day and age many people would like to hear.

• Lo
    longisveigh2403 May 15, 2010

The making of the Capital World Financial Scam Detection Centre is still a good thing IMO. True atymcni, people ought to know what they're getting into when surfing, but not everyone has the faculties to do so. To some, the internet is something to techy for them.

It's good to see that some companies are taking charge and being proactive about protecting their clients. Especially if it's a company that deals with people's money.

• At
    atymcni1592 May 13, 2010

The way I see it is if you get phished it's totally your fault. Companies really shouldn't have to warn people of these kinds of scams. There is an unwritten disclaimer that you sign as soon as you're online. Get used to it people, the internet, and all the scammers on it, are a reality, and they're here to stay.

• Ra
    razaphrin972 May 13, 2010

WOw, rouge, I tried that CCleaner. It's awesome! My computer is twice as fast now. THanks!

• Lr
    lrsmth284 May 12, 2010

I heard there's some program called phisherman's friend or something hilarious like that and it's supposed to be a really small program that prevents phishing.

Norton will also do the trick but the only problem is it takes up half your computer's resources, so wtf! Most self-righteous program on earth. I'd go with either McAfee or AVG. freeware all the way babay! Anyone up for a game of Wolfenstein?

l8z!

LS

• Pr
    prosgheryp568 May 12, 2010

I just like their site. It's got some techno-y hypnotic music in the background and all these cool effects.

It's a good thing phishers aren't good enough to make sites like those, or else we'd all be screwed haha

Hey Hector, make that two sets of clubs man. Mine have no good shots left in them.

• Ro
    rougetriphis795 May 12, 2010

yo thx siz. you no whats also good? CCleaner dats the stuff.

• Si
    sizkilerah76 May 12, 2010

Suggestion: get AVG. It's free, and it catches almost all phishing schemes. I know what you're thinking. "Stop. You had me at free."

• Tr
    trapdlpman May 12, 2010

I've gotten this one twice, but usually it's either Facebook or TD. I get those daily.

• Sl
    sleemanmcg May 11, 2010

I received this phishing email way back. I just insta-delete them cause I get like 5 a day.

• Gh
    ghebbtrinh74 May 11, 2010

krisgyner, there's an even sneakier scam than that one originating from India. They call you collect on make the nature of the call seem really urgent. And when you accept the charges, the scammer just tries to keep you the line for as long as possible. Then the scamming company gets some sort of cut out of the cost of the call.

It's a cultural thing, you know. A lot of cultures have the thinking that in order to get rich or ahead, you've gotta do something illegal. These people will argue to great lenghts that morals are a luxury enjoyed by the rich.

• Kr
    krisgyner1973 May 11, 2010

Hey Hector, think you can hook me up with a set of golf clubs? hehehe jk

But seriously, there's a telephone scam goin on right now from China. They ask you to type in some sort of code using the # sign. And then from there they can use your phone number to dial anywhere they want.

There's a sucker born every minute. Just as well, 'cause they lower the average so that people like me can look fly.

Peace!

• Gr
    grincheryds82 May 11, 2010

Yep, my computer got infected so bad one time my monitor melted. Now I use it as a shotput.

As for phishing, very soon everyone's going to be either too smart to be fooled, or already fooled and have learnt their lesson the hard way. They'll have to come out with something new once this ol' trick dries out.

• Bu
    burlyedger May 11, 2010

Hehe I see yet another company has gone phishing. wayytrascor, the phishers don't have eyes on your side of the computer. All it does is trick you into thinking you're at the company website when in fact you're connected somewhere in China or India (no offense but it's true 99 percent of the time). Then they get you to "verify" info, but inadvertantly you're actually giving them everything they need to do bad things to you.

There are viruses that do what you described, however, where the hijacker can actually see remotely what you're typing on the computer. If you get one of these viruses you'd better get professional virus removal help, not just Norton or whatever. Some viruses are so bad they infect down to the hardware level. Sometimes it might just be best to hurl the whole computer over the balcony. That's what I did. It was fun. And therapeutic.

• Wa
    wayytrascor85 May 11, 2010

That's interesting what you said, crocrinstin. I've noticed at work that somehow people know of others' secrects, even when it's almost impossible to find out...wow that's scary. I think the first thing I'll do is change my passwords now.

But wait, then that means I can't login to my accounts at work, because for all I know it could be running on my computer without me knowing...

crocrinstin, is there any way for me to check whether there's something running in the background like you said? Now I'm even afraid that my home computer is infected.

Can "phishing" infect ones computer remotely? Like is it possible that the phisher can see what I type at any time? Sorry this is all new to me

• Cr
    crugellaztec May 11, 2010

You know what, that's so true! One time I got phished and I later found out that it was my ex trying to spy on me. But if they're trying to phish for your bank account info, that's some pretty serious stuff. I use Norton now, so it almost always prompts me if I'm ever in danger. The only thing is Norton slows down my computer more than some viruses do. Ironic to say the least.

• Cr
    crocrinstin39 May 10, 2010

As long as there are gullible people in this world there will always be phishing. Nowadays, it's getting harder and harder to fool the machine, so crooks turn to fooling the machine user.

Phishing is actually just a form of mass social engineering. A much more targeted and effective way to get someone to give you their password is simply by coming up with a reason for getting them to log in to the account you want to break into. Then you turn away and say, "Go ahead, I won't look." But what the unsuspecting victim didn't realize is that there was a special application running in the background that records every key stroke, regardless of when they were made.

It's things like this that you've really gotta look out for. This is a much stronger form of phishing, whereby familiarities cause one to drop their guard, and then...gothca!

Oftentimes the perpetrator is an acquaintance or friend, not just some random guy trying to give everyone a hard time.

• Bo
    bobalover May 10, 2010

Watch out for Paypal, Facebook and Twitter, too. They're being hit hard with phishing scams.

• Bi
    billybitty May 10, 2010

Yet another victim. I'll bet this phishing thing came from Nigeria, much like the Money Gram scam they had goin on using the ol' bait n switch trick.

• He
    Hector Rong May 10, 2010

You gotta understand phishing isn't meant to get tech-savvy people. It's aimed at pops and grandpops who don't know better. It's not that their gullible, they're just people who try to accept technology as it comes, and take it all in a little too willingly. Poor seniors always get hit hardest...sad really.

It's a good thing they've come out with the chip technology on credit cards now. Before it was just way too easy to steal stuff. I remember my friend asking me one time whether I wanted to go to some warehouse out in the boons where they kept all the hot merchandise. Apparently you can get golf clubs for 1/2 price, or even less if you drive a hard bargain. Then again, you're dealing with thugs who have no remorse whatsoever, so I wouldn't press you're luck with these mofos.

• Wi
    wiffieturp May 10, 2010

lol do people actually fall for those still? It's so easy to spot.

All I do is look at the url. You don't even have to click the link, you can just put your mouse over it and it will show up where it's gonna take you.

Ya, the spelling mistakes are a dead giveaway, bc for some reason scammers have never heard of spel chek

Phishing is everwhere now. Basically any big company gets attacked.

Yo Chrissie, you think that's bad? I know a counterfeiter by first name. Two years ago he got caught. Now they're throwin the book at him. I think he's got a combined sentence of 11 years. He'll be out in 3. Crime pays too much, that's the problem.

Peace,