Capital Distribution Group / Sandy Peterson Payments OfficerThey don't exist!

Capital Distribution Group - Sandy Peterson Payments Officer.

6a-170 The Donway West, Suite 1313
Toronto, Ontario, M3C 2E8

I received a prize notification from these people stating that i had won £6,000, and all i had to do to claim it was to reply by post within 7 days and forward payment processing / delivery fee of £19.95 for processing/delivery fee. I ran a check on several scam report site and found that this company does not exist nor in fact does the address and further more the same address has been used with similar scams under different company names these people /company's are fraudulent it's a CON.

• St
    steve pugh Aug 21, 2009

i have had a similar letter today. (21.8.o9) address is slightly different, suite 412 now and post code is L3p 1B4, and have apparently won £500, 000.00 and a pearl earring set if i send £14.95 to cover allocation and all processing costs. have been ignoring e-mail from them for nearly a month as seemed to good to be true, but when u see such a professional and well organised letter, i almost succumbed to temptation!!! just glad i checked it out. these people are ### who feed off of peoples dreams of a better life. steve pugh

• Ef
    e falck Feb 18, 2009

This is still going on. My father in law, 88yrs old, got it in the mail early february 2009 !!. what gets me is that the envelope is franked mail here in the UK, so the Royal Mail must have some way of tracing the people who does this, I would have thought. Anyway what is the Canadian Police doing about this ? Get off your horses and stop this scam.

Eric the scam buster !

• Cs
    Csokona Ilona Jun 12, 2008

Kaptam Önöktől egy HIHETETLENÜL ÖRÖMTELI értesítést, amelyet azonnal visszapostáztam.
    A megjelölt kezelési költséget (6200 Ft-ot) is azonnal feladtam volna, de nem volt min és hova.
    Jól értettem-e, hogy a futárnak is fizethető ez az összeg felárral?
    Remélem, azóta akadály nélkül közeledik hozzám az ÉLETMENT? nyeremény, amit nem is tudok megfelelően megköszönni.

Válaszukat és a csodát igen köszönve:

Csokona Ilona
    7631 Pécs, Kispostavölgy-Tető 67.
    Hungary

• Da
    David Schwimmer Jun 10, 2008

Hy! According to me it very idiotic who falls for stupidity like this. Nobody gives free money, the data are asked for moreover what is sent on continuously and who knows it at who on his end will be. I write about Hungary otherwise, these swindlers got here already with a word. We received two letters like this already on this week.

• Vi
    Victoria Jun 05, 2008

Hy Everybody!

I'm a hungarien girl.My mum get a letter today, that...Congratulations You win 2.400.000 Forint.
    I was so happy...I searched in the web, but I didn't find this company :CAPITAL DISTRIBUTION GROUP PF600, 1000 WIEN AUSZTRIA.
    My oponion that this letter is a scam and Sandy Peterson is a scamper.
    I am so sad! :(

We will not to send this letter!

Bye, Victoria

chris May 17, 2008

I have received the same scam under the name of Hamilton Moore & Associates, of same address requesting 19.95 for £490, 000.
    Thanks for the thread, stopped me making a fool of myself

DC Apr 25, 2008

This is not a company, its make believe ### on a grand scale, does anyone actually realise how much this costs to send all these letters out. They are probably are drug barons really.

• Em
    Emma Abbott Apr 25, 2008

Have just received notification of a prize of £9, 000 from CDG. Feeling caucious, I decided to investigate online, to see if this company actually exists. They don't.

Please do not send these people money, they are not offering anything other than to bill you for £19.95, plus postage to Canada.

I cannot believe these people are getting away with it. Why oh why can't somthing be done to prevent these money making fraudsters from getting everyone's hopes up that they have won, only to find they have been done.

Anyone receiving their correspondance should bin it straight away and warn their friends/family, and this is the only way these people can be stopped.

• Al
    Alex Hall Apr 24, 2008

i live in gloucestershire.I received this common Capital Distribution Group letter telling me like the others i, ve won 9000 pounds. I, ve noticed straight away that many people are receiving letters with different reply suite numbers at nearly the same address. This is a nasty scam particularly because they, ve gone to such an extent with the printing of the envelope and titled letters.It almost appears like a readers digest mony award.Im deeply glad for google and this forum because its helping people to avoid this trapping.Will any of these agencies actually hunt out these hurtful people? I doubt it .If i could play god id reach down and rip their balls off.Please if there is an agency that will be motivated to hunt these people-please do it with style and let us all know that they are caught.Its so ### when one opens a letter and your little heart flutters for a while thinking - what me ? - really? -then comes the embarassment of acknowledgeing your own naivety and then comes the realisation that your still sad and yearning to be rich .

DC Apr 24, 2008

does your letter have an account number 1358196?

there is no date anywhere on the forms what so ever, but the letter says respond in 7 days. they probably printed these forms 20 years ago. only addresses are in different typo font along with the address abd who to pay.

Everyone see's just the money, these guys are really lazy idiol sods...

DC Apr 24, 2008

My wife got the letter today(24.04.08) saying she had won £9000. What everyone is missing is that they want your creditcard details + YOUR 3 DIGIT SECUIRITY NUMBER, so they can take all your credit /money. NO ONE should fall for this scam - you have been warned...

READ IT CAREFULLY THE CLAIM FORM IS THE WORST IVE SEEN. OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING SHOULD BE ALL OVER THIS.

MY ACCOUNT NUMBER WAS 1358196 WHAT WAS YOURS??????? i BET THERE ALL THE SAME NUMBER-

My data is protected in this country, we should all aim to complain to the information commisioner UK.

marie wilson Apr 24, 2008

i am so glad i looked on the internet first cause i just got it today

• Ju
    Julie Connell Apr 24, 2008

Yep, just received one too guys! Same "company", but address and pendant are different this time, I've seen them with 3 different addresses now! This time it's 720 King ST. W. Suite 514 Toronto, ON M5V 3S5, Canada. Not a diamond pendant this time but a Pearl one!
    Always beware of winning competitions you have not entered, no contact numbers (not even a fax!) being provided and ANYONE who asks you to send them money...
    What I want to know is how they can process UK Postal orders and/or cheques in CANADA? Surely this is not legal and who do we contact officially to try and stop these low lifes? How do they get our addresses?
    Better luck next time eh guys??!!

Jules

• Au
    Auriux Apr 24, 2008

Hello everyone. I had posted to me same kind of letter saying that I wo £9 000 and it is needing to pay £19.95 for claiming form. Also I am entitled to a gorgeous 8mm south sea shell pearl earrings set on sterling silver posts. Lucky me. Am I? Thank you to everyone that been writeing about this company or what you woul call them.

• Pa
    paul Apr 24, 2008

I`v read all reports about your company on the internet, i recieved a letter from you this morning saying i`v won £9, 000 quid and some kind of free gift with account no of 1378156 i do not think this is a real prize because if it was you would just send me a cheque!!!
    What do you think SO STOP TRYING TO CON PEOPLE AND GET AGRIP ON YOUR POXY SCAMS.

anisha wijesingha Apr 23, 2008

Today i received the same letter by sayng i won £9000.i was so happy and about to fiil it with my credit card details for £19.95.but luckely i checked the google and found theese comments.
    Big thanks to every one who saved my hard earn money nd others be careful from theese ###.

• Wa
    wayne Apr 22, 2008

This is a con ive recieved same letter, but am not dumb enough to send £19.95 for nothing just look at the letter not dated no contact number dont be fooled into thinking there is money for nothing.

• Ti
    tim mcmanus Apr 04, 2008

i recieved one of these fabulous letters today 4th april 2008, as it seems similar to several of you above. My letter claimed i'd won £9, 000 as long as i sent £19.95 but the address has changed now to those mentioned above
    the address i have on my notification letter is 720 king st w.suite 514 toronto, ON M5V 3S5 canada

• Ca
    carl evans Mar 28, 2008

I had a letter saying I had won £9000, unfortunately I was a bit thick to think that someone would send me money for nothing, yet five months later NOTHING !!! Ive learned my lesson, I had a letter saying I had been selected for a book with special powers that can make me rich WOW !!! all I had to do was send £70 ha ha ha ha ha ha not conned this time

• Al
    Alastair Sime Mar 28, 2008

Received letter informing me of my "win" of £9000 today. It's just disturbing that the people on this website are the ones who won't get caught out - important to tell people too as I was conned sufficiently to check it out!

• Ta
    Tasneem Masalawala Mar 27, 2008

i am waitthing for 9, 000 pounds hope i will receive soon from CDG thank you.

• Ca
    CAF Mar 21, 2008

Received exactly the same letter today (20.03.08) - very clever - of course you would risk £19.95 in the hope you would receive 9K in return! Thanks to everyone who bothered to write on these websites warning people of such scams... I've just sredded the letter! Cheers!!

• Ge
    George Mar 20, 2008

I received one of these letters this morning. I have sent it back with no stamp with the following message: Thank you for your kind donation of £9, 000. I am afraid that My budget won't stretch to £19.95 at at present. Please feel free to take this amount from my certified cheque leaving a balance of £8, 980.05 . Please don't worry about the 5p, a round £8, 980.00 will be fine. May I thank your company again for this wonderful gift. Love, George x

• Ri
    Richard Youldon Mar 20, 2008

Got it today 20march. £9000 i have won, yeah right! I see from the comments the 'prize' money is going up over the months in the desperate hope people will send money or their credit card details. Apart from the National Lottery nobody give nothing away for free. Or £19.95 in this case. Load of rubbish and a waste of a tree!

• Ga
    Garry Milner Mar 20, 2008

20th March 2008 same letter, you won £9000.00 just send the £19, 99 from ect ect. signed by Payments Officer Sandy Peterson from Capital Distribution group at 720 King Street.W.Suite 514 Toronto, ON M5V 355 Canada
    So be aware they are still at it. also as scams go they have tried to make it look good, but dont be taken in how could you or I have won a prize? We have not entered anything. So the old adage as stated before "if it looks to good to be true it proberbly is" holds good.
    Anyway it's going back with fake details, also you may like to know some debt collecting pals of mine who now live in Canada will (time permitting) pay these people a call and deal with them the old EAST END WAY.

• Ha
    HAZEL Mar 18, 2008

I HAVE ALSO RECIEVED ONE OF THESE LETTERS, WHEN I INFORMED MY PARTNER ABOUT IT HE SAID HE WOULD LOOK IT UP ON THE INTERNET. I WAS ALL FOR SENDING THE MONEY BUT AM GLAD THAT HE ADVISED ME TO WAIT, IT IS GOOD TO KNOW THAT EVERYONE HAS PUT THIS INFORMATION OUT THERE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE INTERNET OR WHO HAVE LEARNING DIFFICULTIES WHO COULD BE FOOLED. HAZEL.

Chris Williams Mar 18, 2008

I received the same letter today 17th March 2008.

I have just binned it.

Chris Williams Mar 18, 2008

I receivd the same letter on the 17.3.08. It says to reply within 7 days otherwise the payment is cancelled.

However I could not find a date or telephone number on their letter.

What a complete rip off.

Chris Williams Mar 18, 2008

I received the same letter today 18.3.08 so they are obviously still in the business of ripping people off.

Surley something should be done about this. Send someone round to the postal address and just wait to see who picks up th post.

• Su
    susie v Mar 17, 2008

I too recieved the same letter this morning,17march2008. I cant believe i nearly fell for this scam, i feel so relieved to have found this site. After reading everyones comments i have ripped this letter up and binned it. I suggest anyone else who recieves one should do the same.

• Ta
    Tasneem Masalawala Mar 17, 2008

I received a letter today dated 17 march 2008 signed by Payment officer Sandy Peterson from capital Distribution group 720 king st.wsuite 514 Toronto. ON M5V 3S5 canada It says i have won 9000.00 and all. I have to do this reply within 7 days and faward payment of 19.95... i need a reply.

• Am
    Amy M Mar 14, 2008

I sent my cheque off and today recieved my diamond pendant i have decidied to see if it is real before slagging off this company since they were true to their word about the pendant. Time will tell on the money thing but its nice to be positive .God knows it is easy to be negative even when the possibilty of something great could be just around the corner.Lets face it life is about taking chances it was made for living. I will let you know when and if i get the cheque.

• Ne
    Nearly cheated person Mar 02, 2008

I too recieved this con letter and for a moment bought it hook, line and sinker. A friend suggested that I google the name and this list of email responses came up and I have discarded the letter and am really losing all faith in human nature! NEVER BELIEVE THE HYPE!

• Em
    emma Feb 29, 2008

i recieved one of these letters saying i had one 9000 pounds.. and yes how stupid was i to fall for it too i tried to cancel the cheque but had gone through, i feel such a fool to be one of these who falls for it and being a single mum of 1 too i need all the money i got for bills.. i had to laugh this morning tho the pendant they said that would be dispatched has accually come saying my claim code is being processed has anyone else recieved the pendant as for it being gold lol more like tin... anyway glad to see not all of u are mugs like me n believing it this has taught me a lesson in future THROW IT IN THE BIN ...............

• Mo
    MOSES.KYESWA Feb 18, 2008

Yo just got the same letter saying i won 490,000 and all i have to do is to send in £19.95 to get it my money.

SCAM RLLY INNIT?
    Yo lot just woke me up thanks.

• Ni
    nikki smith Feb 17, 2008

I recived this letter today saying that i had won 9,000 and that all i had to do was send a cheque or postal order or write down my credit card details for £19.95 i asked my freind to look up the company on the internet but could not find anything but managed to find this website and lots of other complaint websites all relating to this companys need to be moniterd a lot better to prevent this sort of stuff happening because there are a lot of gullible people out there who will pay this price for the hope of happiness only to have there hopes and trust crushed by these evil people.

• Lo
    louise riley Feb 16, 2008

Please don't be sucked in by these people, i came in to find the letter saying that i had won £490.000 all i had to do was reply in 7 days with a cheque for £19.95. My immediate reaction was fantastic and my heart was pounding, then the alarm bells ... firstly there is no phone number, the i looked on the Internet and saw all the comment all you lot had made. Then i got mad, how can people get away with this!!!!!! it is a pure con and it has to be stopped. I sent them a letter and told them if they were for real then they could take my £19.95 out of my winnings !

They will get what they deserve !!

• Gr
    Graham Corfield Jan 19, 2008

I have received one of these - my wife was convinced we had won till we looked on the net. I have ripped it up and sent it back in the envelope with `adressee to pay costs ' on the post mark

• Cs
    c shephard Jan 18, 2008

My boyfriend fills out every competition going. Only this month I had 3 phone calls detailed of £11 each! Now he has recieved this letter and will not believe me that it is a scam. Obviously you are all aware of such things but he really isnt and I need some official report etc warning of these people. If anyone is aware please do let me know. We can barely survive on the money and debts we have so £19.95 is a lot to lose, let alone the idea they could use his details for worse. If anyone has any official info on these people please please let me know asap.
    Thanks guys

• Lo
    lorretta logan Jan 18, 2008

I received a letter from CDG this morning stating I am the sole recipient of a £9000 award and a bonus prize of a Genuine Diamond and Sapphire stone pendant, had my doubts as never entered a compertition and if a winner how can the processing fee not be taken from the WINNINGS!!
    I`ve checked the website and as I thought company does not exist this is another con had one from spain about a month ago stating I`d won £500.000.