Canterbury ConservatoriesScam

M

My contact with this company has been an unmitigated disaster! Canterbury Conservatories failed to maintain adequate communication throughout the purchasing and building process, including failure to supply a detailed construction agreement. Construction was affected by frequent changes of date, some without my consent or awareness. The conservatory was eventually built off-centre against the pre-existing house door and window, despite the surveyor's clear verbal commitment to centred construction. One side of the conservatory roof actually cuts off the corner of the window arch over which it has been built, and is obviously and disturbingly asymmetrical against the house. Despite verbal agreement, no electric light fitment or socket has been connected to the pre-existing wires, which remain bagged up and dangling. The company has never supplied the free cane suite of conservatory furniture, which formed part of the original contract. It has never responded in writing to my written formal complaints. It has made only sporadic contact by phone, and a site visit in January 2010 was never followed up with a report or any suggestions for remediation of the faults -despite verbal acknowledgement of my case. Furthermore, the parent company UV2 is not even responding to communication from Barclays Partner Finance, with whom they arranged credit for me to purchase the conservatory. As a purchaser, I have done everything required of me and I am still paying for a home 'improvement' that I cannot use and which looks significantly wrong against the house. My levels of domestic inconvenience and personal stress have been unacceptably high for far too long now, with absolutely no sign that the company will do anything to solve the problems it has caused.

• Lu
    luck Jun 03, 2016

I instructed this firm last year. I was told the work would be completed before Christmas. This was delayed allegedly because of bad weather. They began in January. Work has been done in fits and starts. The Installation Manager is called Tim and is unpleasant and bullying. I have been unable to find his surname. He sent someone to complete the windowsills after I complained last week. The man was told that I would give him the final payment of £1300. I was not informed about this and refused to do so. No-one has been since. The electrics are not finished and I have surplus furniture in the rest of my house which I cannot move until the work is completed. Phone calls are largely not responded to. I am feeling very depressed and advise anyone thinking of instructing this firm not to do so. As a woman alone, I was promised in the beginning that I would not be messed about.