Canpagesbreach of contract

Canpages is not fulfilling their end of the contract that I signed with them in June 2009. Now they are trying to bully me into paying for yellow page advertising that has huge errors in it as well as they have totally omitted my business from the White Pages. During a time of recession, not being in the White Pages is going to cause people to assume that we've closed down.<br />
This will be devastating to my business.<br />
I want to expose Canpages for the bullying business practices that they engage in. Other businesses please beware...they have had numerous complaints to the Better Business Bureau in the past year. I recently lodged a complaint with the British Columbia Better Business Bureau because Canpages head office is in Burnaby, BC.

Mark Halden Feb 01, 2010

You are right on target! They are nothing but bullies. I placed an ad with them as I have done for the last 4 years, since they started up in the Niagara Region. To my surprise the listings for all the home based phone numbers are gone. Who would want to keep their book with all the numbers missing. People are throwing it into the garbage and my advertising with it.

Just refuse to pay them! Let them take you to court. You will win in a heart beat. That is if they have the balls to take you to court because they know they have done wrong.

Mark Halden
    General Security Services.

jojo11 Feb 04, 2010

And you should see how the staff is treated, if you dont say like the DSM director sales manager you will be fired
    The big problem in this business is that the peoploe they hire is the friend of a friend and they are not qualify for the job and plus they give promotions to the girl friend of the boss and the girl friend of another boss, you see what I mean where is the pofessionalism so everything goes wrong!!!

North Vancouver Roofing Feb 09, 2010

I agree i have had nothing but problems with them. When i signed the agreement
    with them i was told the book would be disturbated in early to mid january. Here it is
    February 09 and still not a book in sight...but yet they still send me a bill for $1500.00
    a month...i advertised 1 full page and a bunch of other random placings. I own a construction company and i am already in a recession. With no adbvertising i am on
    the verge of bankruptcy

MarDY Feb 18, 2010

You're all so right...i am a former employee and I could write a book about the treatment of the sales reps.

• Pa
    ParkerDean Oct 03, 2011

Canpages should truly look at the way they run their company. Before we signed up with them their Sales rep was great and made even greater promises. Sadly to say - we signed up and started paying for our monthly service - only to find out over a year later we have not received any of the promises made. No improved ranking online, maybe 1 phone call through Canpages in the past 6 months, numerous un-answered calls made to our sales rep. This is clear that their intention is to snag customers into a "false" contract - and then move onto the next victim without taking care of their existing victims. We sent numerous un-answered emails/letters stating that we will not pay our bill until we hear from someone in response to our emails & letters. The only person we then heard from was Canpages accounts looking for their money, and received a phone call every day for over a week!!! We paid the contract in full to wash our hands with them... but I will be posting complaints on every single site I possibly can. BEWARE of CANPAGES!!!