CanadapetsCharged for product, but never received it!

S

On December 10th 2007 I bought via webpage a equine collar named Vicebreaker trainer. After I payed, I asked them if they have shipping service to Mexico, they said no so, I respond the email saying that there was no problem. I went 3 weeks to Mexico expecting that while I was down there, the product would arrive to my address in Canada. On January 4th, I return from my trip and notice that the product hasn't arrived yet, so I wrote them an email, they said that there was a mistake, that they thought that I cancel the order after they told me that they don't ship to Mexico (the $572.30 CAD were still charged as a withdrawal in my bank account), so I accept them to send me the item again and receive it on January 18th. After many emails, today (January 30th they respond me telling me that my order has been canceled due my request, but the money has not be refund to my bank account.

• CanadapetsLtd Oct 30, 2008

This complaint is untrue. Our company does not ship to Mexico, which was clearly communicated to the client upon receipt who then cancelled the order with us. Some time later, she contacted us again claiming the order had not been received but by then, the order had been cancelled per her original request and refunded in full. The comments above are born of frustration purely due to the fact that we do not ship to Mexico and are clearly designed to taint. While we strive to offer the very best service to all of our customers, sometimes it's just not possible to meet every single request. It is our position that this issue was handled promptly & professionally and was refunded in full upon her request as per our policy.

• Bl
    Blaine Mar 17, 2009

I'mkind of leaning towards the client as I have an order right now that was placed march 3rd and paid an extra 18.99 for 3 day delivery, today is march 17th, no one answers your phone ever... I tried calling for 3 hours one day, and then about an hour every day since, all I ever get is that your reps are busy and to leave a message. After leavin gnumerous messages, I have yet to receive a call back.

I did however have my bank account debited for price of product and 3 day shipping.
    I did receive 2 email responses, one the week after I ordered telling me it will be shipped by the end of the week, then the next week I got another email saying it will be shipped at the end of the week. Wondering if I'll get anothe remail telling me it will be another week.
    Personally your customer service is horrible, emails are very un professional, and your phone support well I can't tell cause can never talk to anyone and you never return messages.
    Disgruntled Canadian Buyer

• Cl
    claude lafleur Nov 14, 2009

I bough by internet a no bark collar last september 9, I paid also for the Xpress shipping in 3 days. Now we are in the middle of november and I'm still waiting...I let many messages on the website and on the phone, and NOBODY answered me back...very bad company...don't buy anything from them!!

chidychi Nov 19, 2009

CanadaPets simply does not deliver. I am surprised they even respond to these complaints here seeing as though they have not returned any of my phone calls or emails.
    Purchased an electronic fence over two weeks ago and they took my money but still no product, or communication as to where my fence is!

Bottom Line - DO NOT ORDER ANY PRODUCTS FROM CANADAPETS.COM

RickF Dec 10, 2009

I sympathize with the others who've had bad experiences with Canadapets.
    Here's my bad experience.
    Through their web site I ordered an item a couple of months ago. I imediately received an invoice and my credit card was charged. After about two weeks I started emailing and phoning them to request a delivery date. They finnaly responded by email to my many email and phone messages. Over two months I was was twice told there would be delays of a few weeks. The second delay I chose to cancel my order. I contacted the US manufacturer directly who informed me they had stock of the item I ordered. Why was Canadapets claiming delays?
    Canadapets makes a big deal on their web site about providing good customer service yet I was treated poorly. Their web site IMO is misleading since you are directed to their site from urls such as (manufacturesname).ca which leads you to beleive they are an approved Canadian dealer of the product. Yet the manufacturer of the product I ordered does not even list them as an approved dealer on their web site.
    In my experience they:
    Did not answer their phone live so I could only leave messages which were never returned.
    Only answered my emails twice after my many tries over two months.
    Failed to deliver my order in a timely manner. Two months is unreasonable when the US manufacturer has stock.

Think I'm being to critical, try this before you order. Call or email them asking to track an order you've placed (not place an order). I think you'll decide to shop elsewhere.

charliegn Dec 11, 2009

I must agree with all of the above. Similar to the poster above, I waited over 2 months, and each time I enquired about the delivery date I was told (when I finally received an email) that there was a supplier backorder and another 2-3 weeks was added to the waiting time. I finally cancelled my order after similarly enquiring of the US supplier and being assured there was no supplier backorder. I don't know what their game is... perhaps they just hope that people will give up or forget about their orders and they make money that way??
    I ordered somewhere else and received my product within the week.
    Very disappointing, as I had ordererd from them several years ago and had exellent service. Not this time... and never again unfortunately.

Michele A. Dec 14, 2009

I ordered a Sport Basic G3 on Oct. 7, 2009 and have received the same treatment. They have the item listed in stock and yet they claim that they don't have it! I have just finished emailing Tritonics telling them about the poor service. They still have this item listed 'in stock'!

I too am planning on cancelling my order. Does anyone know the best place to order these collars?

Michele A. Dec 14, 2009

You can put a complaint in with the Better Business Bureau:

charliegn Dec 14, 2009

they claim on their website to be members of the BBB but they are not according to the BBB website. Def a sketchy business happening there...and yes, everything says in stock on the website, but apparently its not the truth...

RickF Dec 18, 2009

MicheleA,
    The Tritronics Sport basic G3 was what I ordered from Canadapets but finally cancelled due to delays.
    I called the US manufacturer Tritronics who informed me they ship to Canada. They just cautioned me to choose mail rather than courier or it may get stuck at customs.
    It may be cheaper through some discount retailer but at his point I don't care if I pay a bit more. At least Titronics answers the phone.
    The good news is Canadapets refunded my Credit card charge within a week.
    RickF

Michele A. Dec 23, 2009

Thanks Rick.

Just checked with Visa and it just went through today! YAY! They still have the collar listed 'in stock'.

There's no back up order at Tri0-tonics.

I don't get their game!!!

It's been quite stressful waiting for the refund to go through. But it did. I'm glad to be done with them.

I'll be ordering thru Tri-tonics in the New Year, as I want to get past the busy postal service time!

• Lo
    Louise 040 Dec 23, 2009

Oh how I wish I had seen this complaint a month ago :(
    I ordered a tri tronics collar on Nov 29th & paid extra for expedited next day shipping.

I emailed them a few days later when my collar didn't arrive. They told me that the product was out of stock & would take 3 weeks to arrive so I cancelled the order.

I still have not received my $260 refund.

I have sent numerous emails but have had no response regarding this problem so I am now looking at other options to reclaim my money.

DO NOT BUY FROM CANADAPETS!

charliegn Dec 23, 2009

Just checked the Canadapets website and I don't see their claim to being a member of the BBB on the page anymore! We are having an impact... can't believe how many people have been put out by this company, do they have ANY satisfied customers???

Michele A. Dec 24, 2009

Charliegn: Nope, it's still on! If you go into their site to look at products, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on company: it comes up. It just doesn't come up on their home page anymore. Maybe I'll let the BBB know that it's still there. I sent the link to my email and when you click on the link; it's not there any more! I don't get it. But it's definately still on their site! I just sent the page to my email and copied and pasted:

Shop with confidence through a member of the Better Business Bureau. We are a real store, shipping world-wide from our facilities right here in beautiful BC. Nowadays, with so many of these auction web-sites and shady ".com's" out there we are very proud to state one simple fact. We have been around for years and you can rest assured we, at least, will still be here tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and at any time in the future should you ever need assistance with your purchase

Louise: put a complaint in with the BBB. Then email Canadapets and ask for a refund. Make sure that you cc the BBB on your email. Once he sees that you've cced the BBB he should reply promptly. That's what worked for me. You'll receive the BBB email address when they confirm that they received your complaint. This will happen within minutes of you filling out the complaint.

charliegn Dec 24, 2009

Michele - I am still not seeing the logo on their website... when I click on company.. I can see where it was before and its not there now.. I actually took screen shots of the website so I could have proof in case it came down to a legal battle LOL and in case they started changing their "terms" on the website.
    Still waiting on my visa refund also, though canadapets confirmed by email that they had cancelled my order about 10 days ago...

Charliegn: http://www.tritronics.ca/whytritronics.htm

Try going in this way. Go to a products page, scroll down to 'company' and click that. I did notice that on their www.canadapets.com website that it's gone.

You should have received an email statement showing reversed charges on your account with their merchant number etc. Not just an email of intent. After you receive a proper statement it should take about 5 business days.

charliegn Dec 24, 2009

Michele A. - the statement that you copied and pasted is not there any more... and I don't see the BBB logo no matter where I click. ??? and the "company" link at the bottom of the page from the link you sent me above leads to a deadend...

Michele A. Dec 24, 2009

scroll down to the bottom and click company. On my computor it's still there.

charliegn Dec 24, 2009

No, can't see it at all anymore.. tried two different browsers. Oh well.
    It says

"Shop with confidence - We are a real store shipping worldwide... etc etc,

the reference to the BBB has been deleted.

• Le
    leighf Dec 28, 2009

We ordered an electronic pet door at the beginning of November. Was twice told it was delayed making the final available date the end of December. We said no, canceled the order and asked for a refund on December 8th. No response for a week. We sent another e-mail asking for confirmation which they responded by e-mail on the 18th stating we would receive confirmation of a refund shortly. We have received nothing. We are now going to be dealing the credit card company as Canadapets seems to not be doing anything.

mikey32122 Jan 28, 2010

Don't get some of these postings at all. These guys are a GREAT COMPANY - no question in my mind. I've order 4-5 times over the last 3 years with them and NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS AT ALL. They are extremely helpful and actually take the time to offer insight - we had some real issues with one of our Brittany's but all sorted out now thanks solely to their advice. If something isn't in-stock it can't ship people - at that point it's your choice to either cancel the order or wait for it to come in. Nowadays it seems with all these blog sites out there, it gives anyone a soap box to rant & rave just to claim their andy warhol 5 mins. sheesh !! Bottom line, I would buy from them again and have recommended to friends all with no problems whatsoever. They are a good outfit and don't deserve a ton of this misinformation and frankly "slander" being posted.

mikey32122 Jan 28, 2010

You know the reference to the BBB is WAY over rated, I'm in business myself and the simple fact (that the BBB do not want you to know) is that they are company out to make money no different than anyone else. In order to be "ACCREDITED" by them A COMPANY MUST PAY MONEY TO ADVERTISE WITH THEM ie: pay them to protect the company's image - in some walks of life this could well be considered blackmail. The BBB is one of the most overrated scams out there, so beware who you base your opinions on - not exactly every word is gospel folks !

• 10
    107kia Jan 30, 2010

soap box to rant & rave just to claim their andy warhol 5 mins. ?????
    Really! Just because you're the only person who hasn't had trouble with Canada Pets you think it's correct to brush off the comments of--what--about 10 people who were customers too? So as long as everything's OK with YOU, everyone else is slandering the company? Nice attitude!

So read this:
    I ordered from the company Nov. 16/09, charged to my Visa.
    In the next two-and-a-half months emails were sent by me asking where the product was, what was the tracking number, when was/will it ship, etc. You can grow old waiting for a reply. Never a person on the phone, just an answering machine. Around mid December they said they were out of stock but that new stock was expected at end December. I waited, and waited. Not a bloomin' word from them!

And they've had my money for 2 and a half months.

Finally I had had enough. Went to the Bank's VISA dept (dispute resolution). The bank officer was shocked that I hadn't received the product after all that time, and said he'd have me my money back within a day or two.
    I also called Canadapets and left a message. I demanded my money back because I no longer want their product, their customer service is lousy (just in case they care what I think), and that "my next call is to VISA". I also backed everything up with emails which I gave to VISA.

Only hours after my call to VISA, interestingly enough...11 weeks after I ordered, CanadaPets emailed me to say they were cancelling my order as requested, and crediting my VISA account. No "sorry you weren't satisfied", nada, nothing, no apology, no explanation. What are these people--robots?

Hey, maybe they're in the hold-your-VISA-money-for-11-weeks-and-get-interest-on-that-money kind of business!

One more word to the company before I go...change your name please, you're such terrible businesspeople, you give the great name of Canada a bad rap!

Never again, Canadapets.com!

charliegn Jan 31, 2010

I have to disagree with you Mikey... I too had very good luck with this company in the past, but something must have happened to the ownership or something in the interim.. because they are not displaying good business practises at all. Whether or not they are a member of the BBB is not important, but the fact that they said they were and they weren't is false advertising. Also if they say something is in stock and you order it and it becomes out of stock in the interim, it would be polite of them to let you know and not ignore your email inquiries. Thirdly, the items that they said were out of stock... and they claimed supplier backordered... were actually readily available throught their suppliers as several posters have enquired and found out this information, so that appears to be either a lie on their part, or a lack of effort for them to obtain the product for their purchasers. Finally, the lack of availability for communication over the phone or through lack of returning emails makes it very upsetting and difficult for consumers to find out the status of their orders, or to cancel them if they decide to do that. The website claims over and over again about their excellent service, but as you can read here, there are many unsatisfied customers in the last few months. That is my rant!!

• Ca
    capmodel Jul 30, 2010

Just ordered an SD1825 collar from them a few days ago and selected the Express shipping method. Ordered Wednesday for delivery on a Friday (from Duncan BC to Vancouver BC). Got an email today telling me they are out of stock and hope to ship by August 10. Then googled "Canadapets" and the second item on the autofill was "Canadapets complaints". Crap. Just tried to call them, and of course, all operators are busy. Next call is to VISA.

• Ca
    capmodel Aug 10, 2010

UPDATE - to be fair, at least they're quick with refunds. I ordered the unit on July 28 and was told they were out of stock on July 30 - the Friday before the August long weekend. I sent them an email saying I was unhappy to learn the product I ordered would not be shipped express and that there was no indication during the ordering process that the item was not in-stock.

I tried calling them around noon on Tuesday, Aug 3 but, of course, all their operators were busy. I would have left a message except the mailbox was full (!!!). They did email later in the day saying "In-stock items are clearly displayed as in-stock (red) on the order page. Ourt apologies, but occasionally, with volume / human error an inventory count can be out which is simply the case here." Sorry, but in-stock items are NOT clearly displayed. Anyway, they offered to cancel the order and my card was refunded two days later. Phewf.

• CanadapetsLtd Feb 14, 2012

The poster of the comment ; Sabrina Aguilera West is from Mexico. Canadapets does not accept US orders - we serve Canada only. After extensive efforts to try and contact the poster here both indpendently and also through this web sites' Support / Admin people we believe this post to be malicious, with the sole intent to taint and slander our online reputation. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Customer Care 24/7 at : 888-792-7387 or Email : [email protected]

• De
    Debbie Humphries Mar 12, 2013

Wow. Too bad these posts go all the way back to 2010 cos here it is 2013 and they're still up to the same tricks. As most others posters have, I too have been given the runaround. Shortly after ordering a remote training collar for my dog I was contacted by e-mail saying that item was currently not in stock. They sure were quick to take my money though. So I ordered another item suggested by them as in stock. Two weeks later, no collar, no refund on the original out-of-stock collar. It's funny how the company replies on different complaints web sights calling various complainers slanderers. I guess we have nothing better to do than to pick on this poor company! So they are searching the web trying to discount the word of their customers who according to them ' mean the world to them'. Stop searching the web, send me my collar and give me back my money. You have my phone number, home address and email address, so you should have no trouble contacting me. I'll be waiting by the phone;)...

• Bu
    ButtonsHT Apr 29, 2013

Order placed March 17. 2.5 weeks went by with no collar. I sent an email and received a reply stating item was out our stock. Was told it would shipped expedited on April 15. It's now April 29th and I haven't received my collar and have had my emails go unanswered. I paid but Interac so I'm unsure if I can get my money back.

• Ne
    NEP Jul 12, 2013

Exact same problem as everyone else. I wish I had checked their rating with the better business bureau. 61 complaints already. Mind is complaint 62. I ordered almost $900 worth of Sport dog fence and related products May 15th. It's July 12th and I still don't have my product. They always have an answer about when it will ship. It's "soon". Why do they charge your credit card before they ship the item? Since I asked for a refund I haven't heard from them again. But I'm glad I read these emails. Maybe my Visa will refund the money. The funny thing is that 1 month after I bought my system and still hadn't received it, it went on sale. If you can't even get any in stock to meet your current orders, why are they on sale???

Richard Widmark Oct 03, 2013

Well I am another one that has had nothing but problems from this great Canadian company that cares so much about there clients.What a joke that is they could give two hoots what you think about them.Ordered my Metal detector on Aug 2 2013 of course the same day they took my $314.99 never heard back from them for two weeks so sent them an email asking what was going on ..Was told they were out of stock but would have more of them by the end of the month. here it is October 3rd and still nothing and wont reply to my emails. Worst online company I have ever had to deal with. Am trying just to get something back money or product at this stage I dont care. Will never deal with them again. Be carefull they are a rip off...