Campus Villageproperty management/ loud upstairs neighbors/ thin walls/ dog barking all day

F Jun 05, 2019

I have been a resident at Campus Village for almost 2 years and completely and utterly regret signing for my second year. My first year was good, my neighbor upstairs was respectful and was pretty cool. That all ended my second year when they moved in some [censored]bag that would would consistently stay up until 2-3 a.m. slamming doors, jumping, and dragging furniture. As any resident would try to go to it with management, the G.M. who I initially reported the issue to got fired several days later. So noises late night continued and my sleep deprivation began because apparently no one in management could deal with the situation because only the general manager could. So my complaints were pretty much ignored for several months until they finally got a new general manager. She finally moved the resident after 2 months, but the situation affected my sleep, studying, grades by the time any real action was done just for them to move in a new couple above with a dog that barks all day when they are not home and they come home late between 11p.m. and 2a.m. to run around, jump, and play with the dog. The throw some bone or heavy object consistently for the big dog to jump around along with bouncing the ball too. The walls at Campus Village are super thin so I can hear every foot step this obese couple make and the dog too. So when they come home late and run around and make all this noise it shakes my whole ceiling walking me up. I have a dog too but I never play inside the apartment out of respect for the neighbors and the fact it's clearly stated in the animal addendum. I've tried noise cancelling headphones but that doesn't stop their jumping from shaking my whole apartment knocking my painting off the wall. I have tried contacting the G.M. about the new residents but no one is responding to my emails, and everytime I call I get excuses about how she has been in a cooperate meeting or phone call for the last two weeks which is just a lie because I have two months left on my lease before I can leave this hell hole and never look back and no one wants to deal with it (information from a friend who works there in the office but with no authority to actually do anything). Also the one time managemnt did call the upstairs neighbors to complain. They threw trash and food on my balcony. All in all, the only good thing here is the maintenance is done well and in a timely fashion but property management is lazy, they lie, don't really care, and the building architecture is cheap, thin, crappy design. 10/10 would not recommend unless you're on the top floor. Also they have changed there website domain name and how they advertise the company name because of all the negative backlash. It has changed from ACH(Asset Campus Housing) to Asset living.