Campos Chartered Law FirmDid not save my credit score!

After telling me that they would negotiate with my creditors and keep me out of court, and advising me to go ahead and max out my credit cards, I learned that they continue to take money from my checking account, and that they have not even contacted my creditors and are actually keeping my money until they have enough to pay their fee and pay off my accounts.

Meanwhile, my credit card companies are filing lawsuits against me and Campos will do nothing to help me for at least three years.

Heather Sotak Dec 18, 2007

They are terrible, they took us for 2100 dollars, and when they refunded it to us, and we deposited it, they put a stop payment on the check!! We are in more than 400 dollars for bank fees and etc... Do not EVER use these people, they are scam artists and their customer service is dreadful...

• Me
    Meg Mmmmmm's Dec 19, 2007

Why don't you people stop talking your creditors. Obviously you listened to nobody but your banking masters. Now you burned your bridges and the ###'s starting to hit the fan because you ###ed everything up. I'm not going to shed any fake tears for your dumb ###. I work in collections and when I receive letters from attornies like that I toss them in the garbage, then proceed to rip into people like you.

You are the person who incurred the debt, and you can't just get bailed out that easily. If you actually practiced a little discipline and followed the terms of the contract, it would have worked. And if they're such scam artists, why are they still in business? It's people like you that are making this economy crash by taking out credit that you had no business taking out in the first place.

It's your fault you got into debt, and it's your fault your lack of patience and discipline why you're still in debt. Now nobody is going to work with anything, you have lost all credibility. You've probably heard this before, and let it echo once again.

PAY YOUR BILLS DEBTOR!

Heather Sotak Dec 21, 2007

And that's the reason that people like you get sued for going against the fair collections debt practices. You don't know anyones story, you may think that you do, but you don't know ###. You guys are paid slimeballs. And for your information, I got a refund from them and paid off my debt. So take your advice somewhere else. Being a banking master has nothing to do with getting ripped off, but apparently you're a rocket scientist... Also, how do you know if I followed contract? I'm sorry I didn't know you were an attorney on top of everything else! Wow... You are truly a class act my friend. For the record, they're on their way out of business, due to all of the complaints from the better business bureau. So, do some research before you defend a company before you talk trash to someone who has dealt with them.

• Me
    Meg Mmmmmm's Dec 21, 2007

hehe i'm actually a marine biologist if you wanna poke fun. Me gut tells me that you've got waay more debt than 2k so how's the rest of them gonna get paid? Think, think, think! Better think quick before you get served by a marshall.

Oh yea... it's Fair Debt Collections Practices you dimwit. I'm no banking master, if I were I would not be wasting my time with the likes of you. I would be busy finding ways to take more wealth from the petty nation-states of the world. Oh yea, if you don't know... it's the bankers who have been ripping people off for thousands of years. It looks like someone needs to do some real fact gathering and stop listening to what the TV tells you about banking.

It's funny how you people say "research" and think you're so damn smart. You're not taking a sample of the program to a lab, and running tests, putting it over a bun son burner, wearing funny lab coats, wearing saftey goggles. There is no hypothesis that you put through theory, and banging out reports and conclusions. I wasn't defending that lawfirm either, i was just pointing out simple fact because 99% of the time people just don't want to pay the people they hire. And when things don't go their way they want to blame everyone but themselves.

Oh yea... the BBB isn't ###. They are a private company with no governmental oversight powers what so ever. People pay them money for a good reputation and are owned by the banks. The bbb can't toutch them, people may throw a ### fit, but they have no power to do anything except take complaints! It's obvious you spend more time watching tv and keeping your head in the sand to the obvious reality.

If you were so smart you could have settled them on your own, instead of running to someone who you think is going to work for free. There is plenty of books out there on the matter try reading a book if you have the attention span for it. I Thought they did a stop payment and your bank account is trashed, obviously you're so full of ### your eyes are brown, and even your complaint has lies in it. I may be a slime ball, but your willful ignorance makes you just as bad as me.

Heather Sotak Dec 24, 2007

They did do a stop payment you [censored]... Anyways, as fun as it has been to argue with you, i must bid you good day...

Fighting on the internet... just like the special olympics, even if you win you're still ###ed...

Happy Holidays.

• Us
    username 123155555 Jan 10, 2008

To the ultra intelliget marine biologist... You sound really stupid. you don't even know simple grammar, and reading your input in this conversation makes it very clear that you are just some ### who spends way, way to much time on the internet. Your e-mail sound like you get your kicks from starting fights in blogs on complaint boards. What? Do you think of yourself as the collection company crusader because you are in collections??? I assure there are people who work in the collections field who have debt. Why don't you get an effing life and grow some balls and harass people in real life instead of your cowardly harassment online?

• Us
    username 123155555 Jan 10, 2008

"there is plenty of books out there on the matter"
    "there are plenty of books out there on the matter"

Wow... very intelligent.

Heather Sotak Jan 17, 2008

Sweet, thanks for the back up :-) He just wanted to start trouble with me... douche bag...

Anna Feb 11, 2008

I seriously doubt anyone advised you to max out your credit cards, then, stop paying. This is fraud. So, if I ask you to rob a bank to end your money trouble are you going to listen? I have been in this program for 1 year and during that time there customer service has improved dramatically. To date they are doing exactly what the contract to employ says they will do, and, even answered court papers I was served with. If you did max out, then enroll, you may be experiencing Karma!

• Je
    Jenna Smith Feb 11, 2008

I got on this program in April of 2007 and most of my debt is almost paid off. I did not have ANY credit cards just over $5000 in Medical Bills that I had from a car accident. Most of my Medical bills went to collections because I was out of work and had no money to pay for them and the creditors would not stop calling and harassing me. I tried paying as much as I could and was still depressed over this entire matter. A friend of mine recommended Campos Chartered and I called and they have been nothing but nice to me. They faxed me over a contract that I read over and signed. They negotiated my $5600 worth of bills to only $3100 and its almost all paid off for. My harassment calls have stopped and I am now truly happy and so thankful for this companies help.

I am not saying my credit score is sky high but it really has improved from what it was just a year ago.

Annie Feb 12, 2008

I have just started in the program and so far I have been on a rollercaoster ride. I was not aiming to get over my head in debt, I was just trying to get by and robbing peter to pay paul really catches up with you. For 2 years I told my husband that things were fine until one day I left the check register on the table and that is when the s%#t hit the fan. I almost lost my marriage and my two kids until I saw the commercials on TV I did not know what I was going to do.

So I hope that I read some positive info on this blog or I am back in the same boat...again.

• El
    Elizabeth Chetney Feb 14, 2008

I have just enrolled in Campos and I am waiting patiently to see how everything goes. When I get calls from my creditors I just explain to them that I made an error in my checking account and didn't realize it until I checked my account online and found that I was $400. in the red. I have still got hundreds of dollars in over draft fees because they add $30. for every seven days. The creditors wanted me to do some kind of credit help, but I had already signed a contract with Campos. If my creditors had offered me help in the beginning I would have gone for it, but they didn't. We shall see.

Annie Feb 14, 2008

Just received my first letter from another attorneys office and now I am real nervous, I should have filed for bancruptcy, but since people have taken advantage of the program it is not easy to do that now. So I will just try to keep faith in CCLF and hope that I can get through the next few years.

I did not mean to get in this shape. I am trying.

MaryAnn Feb 19, 2008

I am now scared [censored]less. I signed with this company in October 2007. I am still getting phone calls from 2 of my creditors. Everytime I call CCLF, they tell me it will stop soon. I couldn't find any negative stuff before I signed with them, now it seems there is alot. Does anyone have anything good to say about them?

• Sc
    Scared Feb 20, 2008

We entered into the program in Sept 2007 and we have 2 creditors who are threatening to take our accounts to file a lawsuit against us. They say that they've never received anything from Campos (I'm beginning to believe that they do actually just trash the communications). I think we're going to file bankruptcy.

• Go
    Going crazy in NJ Feb 25, 2008

I signed up with CCLF back in June of 2007 and I just received a court order for one of my accounts. I am scared to death. I called CCLF and they told me they would call me back within 24 to 72 hours. HELLO - I just received a court order!!! I called three times, just got off the phone prior to reading your e-mails and I don't know what to think. I don't know if I have to hire a lawyer now after paying all my money to them. I also received Arbritration papers from another account on Friday and received a call from an account today that should have been PAID considering the amount that is due. I am disgusted and I told them so. I am disabled and on social security, what am I supposed to do. I used my credit cards for food and clothing for my son while I was waiting for my disability.

• Go
    Going crazy in NJ Feb 26, 2008

Just had to hire a lawyer because of the summons I received in the mail. Campos said they could not help me and they would delete that creditor from the list and my amount of money I owed would go down - gee thanks - but no thanks. After taking me for $5,000 - I'll take care of things mysel[censored]

Annie Mar 04, 2008

Wow, does this mean that I should get out now?? I had a feeling that this was too good to be true. This is more stressfull than before I called them. ANY positive advice or stories???

• Ju
    Justin Zdravecky Mar 10, 2008

I have been in the program since January 2008. I have called 27 times and have not been called back once. I am canceling everything now!!! They are horrible. I told DISCOVER that I was enrolled and gave them my information. I then received a letter from a DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY three days ago. Screw them and screw the debtors. If I can't pay and they take me to court. They won't get anything because everything I have belongs to the banks. I am 50,000 dollars in the hole on my house due to the economy and housing market. I lost $120,000 in equity in less than 10 months. What will they do, send me to jail. that will make things better. Then they'll never get a dime. Why? I 'll definitly lose my job and won't be able to get another one. If the debtors would just negotiate then they would get paid. They already made a small fortune from the intrest I have paid over the last 10 years. CAMPOS SUCKS!!!!!

• Am
    amy Mar 14, 2008

If I were any of you get out NOW before they take your money!! I joined in Oct 07 and ended it in Feb. I was served court papers that fast by 2 creditors and they did nothing to help turned out when I got my money back out of escrow what I should of gotten back was 1360 they only returned 280 *ucking dollars. All they care about is getting money not helping you we are in worse shape now. I know we did it to ourselves but the companies out there that say they can help should and not take advantage of people.Just my opionion.

Joanne Mar 16, 2008

My comment is for all of you who are on the internet complaining about Campos Chartered Law. To begin this company along with any other debt management company offers a variety of programs which are based on the consumers financial and credit status. If you are seriously in debt and are delinquent you will be enrolled in some sort of settlement program. If your credit and payment history is ok, then you can enroll in a management type of program. Either way the program depends on you. If you are rceiving calls from your creditors and letters, it's because they have a right to collect the debt. You are suppose to notify them of your new phone number and address which is the company you choose and that will stop some of the efforts they are making to scare you. If you are served with a summons, its bevause you were in serious trouble before you signed on a program and you didnt disclose that to your counselor. In any event, these companies are here to help you negotiate and manage your debt. It is people like you who are looking for someone to work for free and to clear your mess up overnight. But ask yourself, if you didn't create this mess in one night how do you expect anyone to clean it up in one night?

• Da
    daveh Mar 18, 2008

Justin, Discover Financial Services does not negotiate with any of these sleazy debt settlement firms, and neither do many other financial institutions. Don't blame Campos, they're simply sleazeballs preying on fools. Perhaps if you did any semblance of research before getting suckered, you wouldn't be in the mess you're in now.

• Mr
    mr T Mar 20, 2008

hi folks. i just want everyone know that this peace of shhhit place are scam artists. i have a contract with them since july of 07. i receive a court summons from on of the CC. i called them. they said they dont do anything legal. i have to do it myself. they said they only do debt negociation. so i asked them, if so, why dont you guys negociate with them, otherwise i wouldnt get this summons. They said i didnt have enough money into the scroll account. so i asked them. how much do i have there out of my $222 that i pay monthly. she said only $108!!! that is right 108 dollars!!!
    so i asked where is the rest of the money. she said the rest went for the fees!!! very nice huh?

I asked for a supervisor because i wanted more details about it. she wouldnt transfer . she keep saying you will have to deal with me. then i keep asking. and she finally hang up on me!!

nice job!! CCL[censored]

• St
    Steve Mar 26, 2008

They take your money and dont do anything. They had not paid off one debt although they had over 4000 of my money. They changed names 3 times in 1 year and w asked for refund delayed it forver and sent wrong amount due to a error. They then sent to management for review. They are terrible at customer service and I was able to do more my self then they did. Super con artist and should be put out of business.

Heather Sotak Apr 03, 2008

Joanne,

No one is saying for them to clean it up in one night - if you read everyone's comments. These folks have been signed up with this company for MONTHS and they have not kept up their part of the deal.
    When we told our creditors that they were representing us, all they said was "sorry to hear that." THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY said that. So there are more than just a few people who know about these guys.
    After I posted my first comment on here, I got at least 8 emails from people telling me that the same thing happened to them in the past, before I even had trouble. Also, the reason that people get summons are due to non payment, my husband and I were 2 months late on one of our credit cards when we started with them, and we received summons in the mail while on the program.
    So once again, unless you've directly dealt with this company I don't think that you should be dishing out advice on what we are doing wrong and defending them. Unless of course you work for them and are one of their SUPERIOR customer service agents, then in that case, you suck.

Heather Sotak Apr 03, 2008

This is their better business bureau report, when my husband and I filed our report with them and got our refund in December, there were only 22 reports, another 49 in less than 4 months does NOT sound like a reputable company. Also, if they were doing NOTHING wrong, then why would they refund thousands of dollars back?

32 Making a full refund, as the consumer requested
    13 Unassigned
    71Total

• Fe
    felicia Apr 29, 2008

i am using campos now i just starte doaying them, now ive been reading a lot of bad reports what should i do help.

sam May 08, 2008

So i read and read and read then complaint after complaint after compaint sure i got taken too but it end with one thing everything stops get a top bankrupcy attorney and the call the summons the judgement everthing stops dead in there tracks you get to sleep and not worry anymore if 7 or 13 it stops dead and if you own nothing they cant take nothing away so nothing from nothing is nothing for me it ended and i get to seep all i paid was the attorney so continue to compain but you do have the option to stop it.

• Do
    Don Jun 20, 2008

Campos has been great with me. I have done what I promised...paid into the program for 13 months and now the escrow is building nicely. I find the staff responsive to my needs. I continue to pay each month and they have helped me with 2 of my 4 accounts, and I trust they will continue to help me once my escrow builds sufficiently to tackle the other two creditors. They have successfully reduced what I owe creditors so far by 60%... some people do better, some worse I imagine. All I can say is I got in over my head and Campos has come through so far just fine. I am now 19 months into their program.

• Le
    Leslie Jun 26, 2008

Can anyone give me any direction on how to go about getting a refund of at least the money in my escrow account. I have paid in $2142 to Campos and there is only $787 in my escrow account, I joined in Dec 2007. Any information that may help me get some of my money back would be a help. Thanks.

• St
    stefano nicoletti Jul 02, 2008

when i closed my account they sent me the money due but the took there money too i got back about 15% in my account so done expect much back the 85% covers there expenses nice

• Mi
    mike Jul 06, 2008

i just cancelled those guys i had 3 creditors on the account and 1 of them threatened to take me to court so i delt with them privately and month later 1 more threatened me and i called them they said they did not contact the bank so i called campos and they said they can not do anything about it because lack of funds and thats crap no i didnbt have the funds but as a law firm i thought that theyd help me from the court situation i was wrong... as for the 3rd bank, i hvae the funds for them but they still didnt start the nagociations yet i told them refund my money and ill take care of them my self...as for that one dude id bet he wasnt a collection agent anyways, , they said id save 1200.00 by going with them but interest went up bank fees i started with 6100.00 on credit balance now i owe 8500.00 im worse than i went in

• Ri
    Ricardo Jul 18, 2008

Please help! I just experienced the same problem with Campos Chartered Law firm Syosset NY 11791.

If some one can help me to get my money back, please e-mil me at united.[protected]@hotmail.com

I see a lot of people with the same problem, what can we do?

mario Aug 22, 2008

can anyone get me a phone number to get in touch with them, i've had enough with them and need to know whats going on. please email me the 800 number to get in touch with them. not the one on the site though, the number they told us to give to the credit cards when they call. they kept throwing me to someone else. im located in new jersey if that helps. thanks

Matt Aug 25, 2008

DONT DEAL WITH THEM THEY ARE FRAUD I GIVE THEM $9300 AFTER 9 MONTHS I CANCELED REFUND ONLY $5500 THEY DIDNT DO ### PLEASE DONT MAKE A MISTAKE YOU DEAL WITH CREDITOR BETTER THEN THEM IF ANY ? E MAIL ME MORE THAN HAPPY THE GIVE INFO ABOUT CAMPOS(RAY DAVIS AND PATRICIA BIIGEST CHEATERS)

• Di
    Diane/Mass Sep 17, 2008

this company is a FRAUD...They did nothing for me except to collect over 20K in the past year...and now I really wish I had not gone this route. Absolutely no communications, and I have court summons, and had to hire a lawyer...Don't do It!!!

sandra l garneau Sep 27, 2008

i feel the same way about campos law firm too. they took 4000.00 in 8 months and didnt pay anything to any of my credtors.They took out 507.00 a month and only took out 126.00 for me and the rest went to themselves. when I asked for a refund after I canceled my account. They said the refund money was frozen until further notice. Out of all the money I sent them my refund was only 1108.20. they stold the rest. They did nothing for me at all in the 7 months I was in the program. So I need to know how to get all of my money back.Not just my refund. Any sugestions?

• Br
    brian Oct 20, 2008

i've been with them since march of 07, and they haven't done anything but take 200 a month from me.. they told me 8 months ago, one of my accounts was ready to settle.. Here it is, October of 08, and neither one of them have been settled. I still receive letters from creditors, they still call all the time, and campos just gives me the run around. Then, last wednesday i get a call from an unknown number, and she leaves a message.. Surprisingly, it was someone from campos. Or whatever their new name is. So i call back. No answer. Left a message. No call back. She said she had a settlement offer on the table and i had to talk to her that day, or it was no good.. Well, don't blame me. I called. One of my credit card debts add up to roughly 1200.. they have about 4000 of my money.. why are they just now ready to settle? My other one is about 4000, so i guess in about 6 years they may be ready to settle. I put a stop payment on their collections through my bank, and now i'm going to start the refund process.. if it's possible.

• La
    Laura Nov 08, 2008

This is sad. I also enrolled with them in February of 2008. fortunately, I discovered on my own that they are frauds. From the minute I signed my contract, I kept calling them day in and day out to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to do. A month later, I still kept getting calls from my creditors wondering why I haven't been making my payments (because CCLF told me to stop making payments). After I had enough (every time I called them they said they would contact me withing 24-72 hours---they never did), I took matters into my own hands. With the help of my boyfriend I sold my car, had garage sales, posted items up for sale on craig's list--you name it. I did everything I could to raise extra cash to pay my creditors and get back on track. Now I'm not behind on any payments and am able to sleep better at night. I was able to raise about 5, 000 doing all those things. I recommend people taking these steps because they will end up paying these scam artists for not doing their job!!!

Jody Dowdle Nov 14, 2008

The Atty Generals Office Closed them down. Campos' latest phone # is [protected]. They will tell you the situation and then tell you to call [protected]. This is the law firm that is handeling everyones money. You have to file the claim before the end of the year and they will start mailing refunds in April 2009. I found all of this out when I called them to ask why my November payment was not taken out of my account. Also, when I called the atty handeling the case, they infromed me that there was a Global Settlement with Capital One and 2 of the 3 of my credit cards were settled and will be completely erased from my credit report.