Camping Worldmanager of store and service department

M

My wife and I bought a Coleman camper in April 2017 used it once. We found some issues with the camper. On 5/24/2017 I carried the camper back to Calera, Alabama to get issues repaired under warrant. I was told the issues would be Diagnosed in 2 days and may take up 2 weeks for warranty so they could repair. On 5/29/2017 I received an email from the service department tell me that the camper has been diagnosed yet. The service department guy said they were backed up because they didn't have enough man power and had to take care of other campers to close out their end of month. So he told me a couple of more days util my Diagnosis. So today 6/2/2017 about 9 am I was told my camper still hasn't been diagnosed so I went to my doctors appointment then when I got finished I went by Camping world. I spoke to the store manger to see what was going on. I told him my complaints he told me to stay right here I did. He went to service department came pack took me to service department so I could talk to them I did and I told them my complaints. It amazing that from 9 am to 11:30 am that things got done. B S. Then I had to talk to the store manager again he asked me if everything was ok. I said NO. He told me that he couldn't speak for the service department. I asked him isn't this your store. He should be able too speak for every person on those grounds. Then he told me he would take care of me. Well they have done yet in a timely manner. Just fix the products you sale in a timely manner and if you are having problems call the costumer. A phone call would be A lot better than a email. This camping world problems are costumer service, Communication to costumer, service department and Management.

Mr. Whitaker

• Pa
    Paul James Monro Oct 13, 2020

Our brand new camper was with them for nearly 3 months... now this is brand new off the shelf... We got excuse after excuse and more excuses and lies with a brain game twist of lies again.

And telling us we have to pay for the repairs, of our brand new camper... WT!

After all it is the brand name Coleman and Camping world you would expect to trust right?

Finally we got the call all the jobs have been done and completed... Just maybe they are telling the truth and they have done the jobs and addressed the problems.

Some jobs had been done and others where never touched, I even have the photo's to prove it... and then here came the brain games again as if I am stupid, the brain games they must pull of thousands of others.

Our brand new radio still does not work neither does the fan in the roof of the toilet our outside lights don't work still, but hay all jobs have been completed... the second walk through was a joke and any problem went back to the General Manager who said it is not covered by warranty so suck it up.

6 months has passed and they still do not have the part or fixed it, what type of company and people are running this circus, yet they are selling defective campers and holding people's campers hostage.

If we had our way we would never deal with camping world, the sales team can appear nice then once you get the camper after sales for us and I have read many others get the run around... Oh I am a trouble maker... well once Camping World Calera Alabama sold us their problems... That is problems.

We have come to the conclusion Camping World has refused to fix things on our brand new camper so we need to fix it ourself... But my advice is get everything in writing but remember something you are dealing with a Cult a way of life Camping World Deals With Customers... Maybe there is good people but also management are not the welcoming type... We discovered and when you are told something they can quickly retract, or blame you for a blown fuse, saying it is your car and you need to get it checked, still wanting to charge you prices that do not make sense.

If you had a good experience with Camping World, post it and of you feel you are being cheated lied too and brain games read reviewers posts.
    Please look at other RV, Travel Trailer Sellers before going to Camping World Calera Alabama.
    They can refuse to fix your brand new camper, saying it is not a warranty issue and you have to pay for the repairs and you think I just brought this and now they are charging me more.
    Our Electricals where never fixed, oh here is the good one... he or she does not work here anymore so they say and they make a new contract and try and void the old promises.
    Dealing with them is a total brain game, that a customer shouldn't be subjected to play.

We got our camper on the last day of May 31st 2020 and our camper is still not fully functional, the first month they could not get our Tag name right... we addressed some issues with the General Manager we discovered in June 2020 he never replied back and did not reply back.
    But after getting the run around, this is when I brought my camper to them... it is 10/13/2020 and we still have not had the issues of a brand new camper resolved, as I said they told me it was all fixed... it is not fixed. How can a brand new sound system be fixed when it does not work?
    How can the electrical be fixed when it does not work.
    Battery has been tested? What does this have to do with my lights fans and radio not working... Get my car checked on my plug. WT!
    I feel angry that Camping World Calera, Alabama... Tell lies and missdirect the words they use or the way they pretend. 3 weeks to have the general manager to approve floor trim that they say is holding me to get our camper back and then all jobs are completed... just lies and more lies.
    I have had more to say... but feeling jerked around is not a good feeling. Camping World Calera should be ashamed of themself. Yes This is my review.

• Mr
    Mr. Mc! Jun 07, 2017

I here you Mr. Whitaker! I also have an RC with the Calera service department getting warranty work completed. They have had mine for over 5 weeks and still ready. All they needed was to replace a TV and check the leveling jacks which they said nothing was wrong so just a TV. Crazy call I got was that they received the TV and it was damaged but it looks like it might work...NO! Replace the TV and quickly. Very sad that I purchased through Camping World and the one that has a very poor service department. I had to wait 2 weeks to get an appointment and now 5 weeks for a TV replacement. What ever happened to good customer service?