Camera AddictBait and switch

K

odered a canonA570IS camera for $132.00 and was told it was available. Was asked if I wanted a starter kit for it at additional charge. Told them I did not, that I wanted just the camera at $132.00. They said OK. I completed the order and they gave me an order # and confirmation . Next night, I got an e-mail saying that it was back ordered until after the holidays, but I could buy it at $180.00 with the starter kit. This is a real scam!

More Camera Addict Complaints & Reviews

• Ba
    bam Apr 14, 2008

I agree that Camera Addict does play the salesmen game. You place an order on a good deal product then a sales man call & try to upgrade the sale with accesories, which is fine, but the problem is that they lie about the product just to up sale. The sales people are very rude especially if you do not upgrade.

Watch out for:
    - Stock battery only last for 15 min. The stock battery is actually a pretty decent battery, better than previous stock batteries they ship. They can last for 500 shots. They will force you to at least upgrade to a 2hr battery & rapid charger.
    - Say that the Sale price is a Japanese model, plastic body & japan warranty. Their website does not say anything about selling you the Japan models but that is the risk to take if you do not upgrade. They do have a 7 day return policy.
    - Say in stock but will ship from their warehouse overseas. Truth is that it is NOT in stock & they are still ordering them from their supplier overseas.

Just stay firm on the sale order & DO NOT upgrade, you'll get a good deal.

• Fr
    Fred May 15, 2008

Ordered a Panasonic FZ50 for $436. Camera Addict called back with a hard sell for overpriced accessories. When these were rejected, they asked $500 to include an English language user manual! The offered product is not for sale at the advertised price.

• Ro
    Robert Hart May 18, 2008

I agreed to purchase a Canon camera at an agreed price. No conformation invoice was sent. When I received the camera, CameraAddict had charged me another $12.56 for insurance & handling without my knowledge and agreement. The Canon camera box was already opened. The battery plastic wrap was opened. The battery had already been used. The LCD screen had fingerprints and was defective. They attempted to sell me a returned, damaged product. I canceled my credit card immediately...

Why hasn't the Attorney General of NY done anything about this company? They survive by fraud.

jabpym Jun 05, 2008

These guys are so rude and cheaters!!! They advertise lower prices and then when we call, they say their's something wrong in the head to expect such low prices. they dont accept that their website was wrong. Absolutely foolish to buy from these guys!

Dont ever buy from them!!!

• Kl
    klebber bezerra Jul 10, 2008

i purchased canon tx1, the online price says 218...i ordered, gottas the same phone call, forcing me to buy the package with one year and everythinbg else...i agree with only one condition: original pacage and itens, also brand new usa model...they sent me japanese model, a xerox of user guide, cable missing, no baterry that i paid, sacm sacm sacm...i called and they said they would not send me the items missing and if i was not happy that was my problem, i could send everything and they would refound only 270 dollars...in other words, steel 70 bucks from me...i am seeing a lawyer...

• Ku
    kufbh Jul 29, 2008

I was interested in two TVs: Panasonic TH-50PZ800U and the Sony KDL-52XBR5 for a total cost of $4600+. But after dealing with the sales representative at Camera Addict, who wanted to add on additional shipping, insurance, expensive HDMI cables and $250 for the plastic table stands that are part of the included accessories in all other packages offered by their competitors, I decided to take my business elsewhere even though it cost me ~$450 more. This salesperson was rude and hung up on me in the midst of a conversation. Such actions should not be acceptable in any business transaction. Since this occurred, I find that in further research, such activity is not uncommon with Camera Addict and its associated enterprises.

• 5i
    5ive Sep 16, 2008

I ordered a Canon G9 from Camera Addict (Cameraaddict.com) and they would not ship me a camera without selling me multiple extras., which I would not purchase. When I refused to pay for extras, they told me my camera was back ordered. Forever. This is a scam. Camera Addict is a scam seller. Avoid them!

• Fr
    Frustrated Sep 22, 2008

Someone in this company stole my credit card number after I cancelled my order. I had over $1, 000 in charges on the card that I had NEVER given the number to anyone else for online gaming and Apple tunes. STAY AWAY from this company.

• Valerie Nov 26, 2008

Camera Addict will advertise a lower price on just about any electronic item out there. BUT they are actually selling you the 'import' item, not the one sold in the United States. I found this out after a talk with them. I also explained to them that their methods were deceptive. They replied that they have done nothing wrong.

Please pass the word about this company and stay away.

• In
    Ingrid Jan 07, 2009

Textbook "bait and switch" operation. Could not finalize e-mail purchase without contacting salesperson. Very long waits. Salesperson insisted on purchase of numerous extras at inflated prices to finalize purchase or the order would be cancelled. I had same experience with "sister/alias" outlet Prestige Camera.

not again Jun 15, 2009

I ordered a BluRay Player and HDMI cable bundle set. The HDMI cable in the bundle cost me $49.00 and had the same exact description and name as a HDMI cable being sold separately for $89.00. The HDMI cable I received was a generic piece of junk that stopped working the second time I used it.