Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Mobile/Cellular Service Providers CallingCards.com the old bait and switch routine

CallingCards.com  - the old bait and switch routine

R
Author of the complaint
4:48 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife callsThailand frequently from the USA, her old card had run out, I found this one on line. As it was new to me I didn't want to buy a lot of airtime, so glad I did. What a scam, the WorldCalls card that I had purchased advertised calls to Thailand at a very good rate (1.9 cents a minute) and offered 526 mins. for a $10.00 card. As soon as I got the phone set up to call I checked the minutes and found they had dropped mysteriously to 150 mins! That is without any calls, after making a call the minutes were almost gone, I actually could have called cheaper on a landline. After repeated phone calls to the company and numerous emails I gave up, it wasn't worth my time. Buyer beware, horrible company.

Helpful? 0 0

More CallingCards.com complaints & reviews

CallingCards.com - bad service!
CallingCards.com - overcharging every phone call that I made
CallingCards.com - supplementary cost!!!
CallingCards.com - poor quality callingcards & service
1 comments
T
Sep 03, 2017 4:48 am

I agree and couldn't have said it better. I too got scammed and after several phone calls, I finally realized that getting my complaint resolved was a pipe-dream. Not only do they bait and switch, it's obvious to me that the support staff has been trained to avoid and frustrate. When not giving a song and dance about looking into it, they put you on-hold indefinitely. It's only AFTER I finally had enough that I did a search and discovered that I'm FAR from alone. My biggest concern though is that unlike impossible to regulate foreign scammers, the company appears to operate here in the United States. I question why they appear to still operate untouched when the FCC and other consumer regulatory groups can easily reach them? Still though, I am filing a complaint in the hopes that numbers will prompt these groups to ACT!

0 0
ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

12 complaints