Calgary Cell UnlockersRIP OFF, SCAM - Do not Deliver

H

Bought a new phone and needed it to be unlocked. This company was recommended by Rogers store and it looks legit. After we paid $35 they sent confusing instructions to unlock. Didn't work and we contacted company for help. No response from them and it's been more than 2 weeks. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I've since checked out forums on the web, and it seems like many Calgarians have had bad experiences with them too.

• Hc
    HCMC Sep 25, 2009

Yes calgarycellunlockers.com website promises many things but don't believe them.

• Je
    Jeff cousser Oct 07, 2009

I used their services to unlock my iphone and they unlocked it in just a couple hours,
    their instructions were easy to understand. I was really impressed with their services and how quick they were. They even emailed me the next day to make sure everything was ok. I was referred to them by my friend and looks like they've helped unlocked many calgarians. I'm not sure what buddy is complaining about, I already have recommended their services to other work colleuges and friends and they've enjoyed the same experiance.

• Li
    LisaLowes Nov 20, 2010

yea I agree with Jeff...if the Rogers stores are recommending it, than its legit. all my friends have unlocked their phones through them. blackberries, nokias, samsungs and iphones...they do them all and they do it well. they've been in Calgary for 10 years for chrissakes! i remember them being around when those razors were all the hype lol you want your phone unlocked - trust calgarycellunlockers.com - anyone else is just a rip off!!! :)

• Al
    albertagreekgirl Jul 15, 2011

###! I paid the $35 for an unlock code for my iphone4 as recommended by the Rogers rep, and it's been a ###ing month, and nothing, not a reply not a code, NOTHING. I have ordered them to refund my credit card asap or I'm going to BBB or the CPS and I'll keep going on facebook and twitter till I get my ###ing money back. They're hustlers, and the two positive reviews above mine are probably Rob's friends posting. Lebanese shysters!!

• Rogers-Elise Jul 15, 2011

Hi

I am Elise from Rogers. Rogers is offering unlocking of devices for its customers so I'd like to look into this and learn which store has advised you to go to that website.
    I will PM you shortly.

Elise

• Er
    ERMC Aug 08, 2011

We need to have an iphone unlocked and were given the business card for Calgary Cell Unlockers by Bell. We paid the 35$ more than two weeks ago and our phone is still not unlocked (their website states the phone will be unlocked within 24 hours). The number to call has a voice message but when you try and leave a voicemail, the mailbox is full and you can't. We also have been emailing them, but no answer. Definite scam and very frustrating. Who are these people and why are companies like Bell and Rogers directing us to them??

• Al
    albertagreekgirl Aug 16, 2011

Hi Elise from Rogers, the store that recommended calgarycellunlockers to me was Wireless Etc. in Costco. I'm also going to go to Costco and lodge a complaint against the rep who recommended, never mind, he was helping me ORDER my unlocking code in his kiosk, which I paid for with my credit card. Still have received NOTHING. Total complete ripoff. The phone I need unlocked is a fido iphone4. I'm with rogers currently and wanted to use my fido iphone4 on my new rogers account. Now I'm just $35 dollars poorer and can't believe I was ripped off by a rep inside Costco. Same thing when I tried to contact them, no reply via email, and mailbox full if you try to call. WTF?!

• 12
    123chris Aug 19, 2011

i think i have bee ripped off also. I cant get through to calgarycellunlockers. I have sent 3 emails and no response. I would like to hear form some one who has had this service work for them with an iphone.