1-9 Capella Crt, Ottawa, ON, K2E 8A7, CA

Reviews and Complaints

flowers and gift basket

I purchased flowers and a gift basket from www.bloomex.ca for my mom for Mother's Day. The flowers and basket arrived 4 days late, the flowers were the incorrect order, half of them were dead and the other half didn't open. The gift basket treats were cheap and had the wrong card attached to it. When you call the service center you only get an answering machine that tells you to leave a message so your issue can get resolved quickly, what a joke...it's been over 2 weeks now and my mom has been waiting for someone to pick up her dead flowers at the office with everyone watching out for the MIA pick up man, how embarrassing!!! We would just like to warn people that if you would like the correct order and flowers that aren't dead not to do business with this company! Save yourself the frustration and disappointment!

• Rs
    RSmith Jun 01, 2008

RIPPED OFF BY BLOOMEX!!!

This company is a complete rip-off. I think Google should take them off the list when googling "florist" or "flower delivery" because this company cannot handle either of those.

Their service, product and price is ridiculous.

Customer service is at the bottom of their list!

They charge insane prices for crappy, late, product and good luck getting in touch with anyone.

I am a very disappointed almost BLOOMEX customer.
    I will call the local grocery store in the town in which you would like to have your flowers delivered and you will probably be pleasantly surprised!

Always ask for a picture of the flowers you have delivered to ensure you got what you paid for.

You do not have to spend $80 plus dollars to have beautiful flowers delivered.

Stop BLOOMEX !!

• Ba
    Barb Aug 05, 2008

What a crock! Thank you Bloomex for removing my complaint on your web blog. NOTE TO EVERYONE. WHEN YOU POST ON THE BLOOMEX WEB SITE YOUR POST REALLY DOESN'T GO ANYWHERE. YOU CAN SEE YOUR POST, BUT NO ONE ELSE CAN! MY SISTER COULDN'T SEE MINE AND I COULDN'T SEE HERS, BUT WE COULD SEE OUR OWN. THEN THEY ARE REMOVED. BLOOMEX, BLOOMEX, BLOOMEX, YOU GET SHADIER AND SHADIER... I see that you screen the complaints and only leave good reviews. I will post again. To everyone out there who can read this (even for just a short time)my experience with Bloomex was truly horrible. I ordered 70 dollars worth of flowers. They were delivered 5 days late and were totally DEAD. I spent the better part of June trying to get in touch with someone in their customer service dept. I could only get an operator who works out of their home. I even asked the operator how she could work for such a fraudulent company? She had no response….I sent Bloomex pictures of the DEAD flowers my friend (who was recovering from surgery) had to take. After a least a dozen e-mails and daily calls to any number I could find (by the way if you look up FRAUD in the yellow pages, you’ll find Bloomex’s number) only to be informed that I would have to pay an additional 9.95 on top of the money that they already took from me for DEAD flowers so that they could send a driver to pick them up. Apparently they need their DEAD product back in order to issue a refund. It took them 2 weeks to send someone to pick up the DEAD flowers, which by this time were so decayed that even CSI agents would have a hard time figuring out what the heck was in the rotten box that everyone had to trip over for 2 weeks! Great customer service BLOOMEX. You should be ashamed of yourselves. May Karma bite you in the butt. I’m sure you will remove this complaint as you did my last one. Go right ahead. I am letting everyone I know know how horribly I was treated by your company. Shame shame shame.

Pauline Brier Nov 27, 2008

I ordered flowers from Bloomex to be delivered in Lake Lousie to my daughter. The flowers when they arrived had a couple of broken lilies, my daughter said they were beautiful except for the broken stems. i called Bloomex and told the customer service rep about this, my hopes were that the courier company would take more pride in the packages they deliver. The Bloomex customer service rep was very helpful, she apologized, and explained that when deliveries are outside major cities they use a courier company. There are those drivers that do not take the care they should when delivering Bloomex flowers, and the customer service rep told me he would send out a new bouquet FREE of CHARGE for the inconvenience. I was very impressed with the way they dealt with my small complaint. I found them to be very accomodating, and I understand that things can get damaged during delivery- God knows Canada Post has kindly delivered fragile Christmas presents in thousands of shattered pieces, and then told me "well we aren't responsible for damaged items"!!! At least Bloomex was ALOT more accomodating and my daughter was doubly surprised.

Order #00843672- Thanks to Gilbert for the great service!

Pauline Brier Nov 28, 2008

The experience was very positive, starting from the lovely lady in the Maritimes who took the order, she was helpful and very friendly. The flowers were perfect, and my granddaughter loves the little teddy bear. I would use this service again, for sure. I have had bad experiences with another florist, resulting in lots of extra charges. With your service, I knew exactly how much I was paying right from the start. Carole

Jess Hobson Nov 28, 2008

After I made my order from what I saw regarding comments online I got worried but my delivery was made to the hospital the day requested and from all accounts the flower arrangement was beautiful. They even remembered to include my special request of yellow roses my friend's favourite which really cheered her up.

Thank you.
    Sheelagh

Pauline Brier Nov 29, 2008

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend from Bloomex to be delivered in Calgary for our anniversary, I had to be away on business so I wasn't able to be with her for our special day. I entrusted Bloomex to relay my love to her, and they did a fantastic job! She got the flowers on time and when I returned home 3 days later, the flowers were still beautifula nd fresh, the blooms just starting to open nicely.

I am very glad I made the choice of using Bloomex, and I will continue to use them in the future.
    Ben

pascal Feb 04, 2009

Bloomex is a real joke. My mom wasn't there for her birthday on the date i asked for the delivery, so now 1 week later i am still waiting for something to happen. All I have gotten from bloomex's crappy customer service (through email of course, they don't do phone support which just shows how bad their service is) is them asking me for the address/phone number THREE TIMES with generic emails. They do not even read my replies obviously. They also do not offer refunds saying the refunding fee would be the same cost as the flowers???

Never ever going to use bloomex again, nor should you. they obviously do not care about their customers AT ALL.

late and dead mothers day flowers

This is formal email I sent to the Bloomex customer service email address:

Dear Bloomex Inc. Management and Staff,

My name is K and I am a client of yours in Toronto. On April 27th, I preceded to order Classic Iris Bouquet from the Bloomex. website.
My information pertaining to the order is attached as an adobe pdf. format.

This is how the disaster began,

May 9th, the recipient my mother - T receives a phone call at 4p.m. from an Ottawa CanPar delivery driver indicating that she is receiving flowers and that he couldn't find the house at noon. My mother explained where exactly the house was located and the driver told her that it wasn't his problem, the flowers were going back to the warehouse and that she would not be receiving them till Monday and that they do not delivery on Saturday and Sunday. My mother further stated that the delivery driver should notify the florist as well as the sender, because she suspected they were a gift from her eldest son in Toronto. The CanPar delivery driver then stated that it wasn't his problem. - end of phone call leaving my mother crying.

My mother, T called me to thank me for the flowers and told me that they had not arrived. I immediately called CanPar with my delivery tracking number and asked them in regards to what to do with the order. A gentleman at CanPar said that he understood why I was so upset but that there was nothing he could do but file a formal complaint with the florist company Bloomex. Inc.

I then proceeded to call Bloomex's 1-800 number and furthermore there Toronto office numbers to figure out what was happening with the flowers. I received no answer the five times I called and left three messages to call me as soon as possible in hopes of resolving it before Mother's Day on Sunday.

I did not receive a phone call, so again I called the 1-800 number Saturday May 10, around 10 a.m., then again at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Shortly there after I received a phone call from a Bloomex Customer Service Representative and I explained the above situation. She apologized for the mistake and re-assured me that my fresh new flowers would be sent to my mother the following morning for Mother's day and that I should call to ensure they arrived by noon on Sunday May 11th. The address and further delivery information was added to the account to ensure nothing got confused.

On Sunday, I call my mother at 4:00p.m. to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. We talk a bit and I ask her what she thought of the flowers, she explains that they hadn't arrived and that they will probably arrive tomorrow because of the mistake on Friday. I attempted to call Bloomex 1-800 number as well as the Toronto regional number and left 3 messages indicating that my mother had not received her flowers.

I also filed a message with the on-line live help system.

I called 3 times this morning and left three messages, finally only getting through to a customer service representative by selecting I wanted to place a new order.

Her name was S and she was from the Toronto office as the caller ID said 416. She answered my call around 1:00p.m. today May 12th and I explained the above story. She apologized and said that she would speak to management about the delivery company and how they made my mother cry. She said the delivery fee would be waived and that I'd be happy to know that the flowers were delivered at 12:44p.m. today signed for by my father M.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and again explained the situation, she apologized and there was a conversation about the nature of time-sensitive shipments and how could the company decided to send flowers two days in advance of the delivery date with no notification to the sender or for that matter the recipient. I also stated that if this was a wedding or a funeral that it would be even further devastating and could result in legal action. She again apologized and thanked me for my patience and assured me that fresh flowers were delivered. - end of phone call

My father unpacked the flowers and noticed that the bouquet a stench to it and that all of the flowers were in full bloom and wilting and that the green foliage was turning brown and rotting around the bag and water in the box. He took several photos of the flower arrangement and send them to my email address.

When my mother got home she saw the flowers and I called to see if she received them and if they had turned out all right. She thanked me for them and began to cry. My father took the phone to give my mother a chance to blow her nose and explained how the flowers arrived very close to death and that most of the bouquet was rotting. He took several photos of the flower arrangement and send them to my email address at around 8:30p.m. May 12, 2008.

These photos are from 2 hours post-delivery and were very much dead.

I attempted to call Bloomex. Inc at 6:30p.m. tonight and again at 7:45p.m. and left two messages indicating my frustration and dissatisfaction with the flowers as well as the anger with having my mother in tears and my father having to explain the whole mess to me.

There are many things that have went wrong with this order and if I do not get a phone call to further discuss this order and resolve it - I will be notifying VISA of my dispute with the remaining charges from the April 27th order and will be sending email and all attachments with a signed affidavit indicating the nature of the incident and lack of good customer service practices. You shouldn't promise clients something you can't provide.

1) The delivery date was April 11... not the 13th and the flowers should have been fresh and alive.

"Twenty gorgeous, vibrant, fresh cut blue iris are perfect for any occasion. To allow these beautiful flowers to last much longer, they are shipped fresh, budding, and ready to bloom. Measures approximately 15" tall. Vases are available during check out"

The website says for longer lasting flowers they are sent before they've even budded which is very obvious these are NOT in bud-form and furthermore the recipient as most recipients do, works and would not have been able to receive the flowers, it would have be arranged and me as the sender should have been notified.

2) The Delivery company made my mother cry and furthermore over-complicated the matter by providing poor customer service on the recipients end.

3) I ordered this on April 27th, because I knew Mother's day is a busy day for florists and that in order to ensure my delivery was on time and available I ordered it twelve days in advance and received no notification of the delivery date being changed.

4) I was lied to three times by Bloomex employees and management in regards to there being a fresh bouquet of Irises being delivered to my mother on Today, Monday May 12 at 12:44p.m and again when I tried to call customer service I was left on hold for 15 minutes and then sent directly to the machine.

The amazing thing is I'm a brand new client and one would think that as a company that pushes itself as a customer friendly business:

"Bloomex has a 99.7% customer satisfaction rate and we are continually working to improve this rate. We welcome and appreciate your feedback to help with this process."

may want to consider some adjustments. I could be a funeral director, a doctor, an actor or wedding coordinator and should be treated as a client that could offer a company further business and recommendation.

Disappointed,

K

Carol Hama May 30, 2008

I also order flowers for Mother's Day. I ordered them 1 week BEFORE Mother's Day requesting Saturday delivery as their website boasted Saturday delivery was available. Instead a CanPar driver (in Burnaby BC) left a note saying he tried to deliver the flowers on Fri but there was no answer and that the next delivery day would be Monday the day AFTER Mother's Day!
    She got them the following Monday, all right, but instead of beautiful roses she got dead tulips!
    All (both my mother's and my) calls/ emails to Bloomex have gone unanswered. I requested either credit to my credit card or delivery of the correct flowers. No reply yet! Now if we can get google to dish up the complaints BEFORE their website by the search engines that would be perfect!

• Va
    Vaneet Singla Sep 01, 2010

I ordered a special bouquet for my girlfriend to be delivered today by noon. She had a very special presentation that she was gonna present today at 1 and I wanted to wish her "All the Best" for her important presentation. I told the lady (Kelly) while placing the order to make sure it's delivered by 12 as it won't mean anything if it was delayed. The service was extremely unprofessional as a baby was crying when I called and the lady didnt have much information as she repeatedly went to website to check things. Anyway, long story short, I paid extra delivery charge for it to be delivered at 12 and the order was placed almost 48 hours ago so that they have enough time to process the order. It's been 4:47 p.m. now while I'm typing this complaint and my girlfriend still hasn't received the flowers. I called them 5-6 times and everytime I was asked to leave a message (as their agents were busy, wonder why?) and somebody will call me back. I also spoke to Karen through their online chat and she said the difference between standard delivery and special morning delivery will be refunded to me but they can't cancel the order. I had to tell my girlfriend about this and ruin the surprise just because of this ridiculous, extremely unprofessional customer service. This service was referred to me by one of my colleagues and I will not recommend this service to anybody. They are a bunch of scammers and nobody should ever deal with them. I will be contacting my credit card company tomm. to report this.

• Ve
    Ventosa Dec 09, 2010

I will never buy flowers tfrom this company. If something is wrong with your order they do not refund or even respons to your concerns. All they care about is taking your money. I will tell all my friends these guys are scam artists. Look at what the Better Business Bureau has to say about this company...
    Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    •439 complaints filed against business
    •Failure to respond to 347 complaints filed against business.
    •19 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
    •Length of time business has taken to resolve complaint(s).
    •Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

• Sh
    Shut-them-down Dec 09, 2010

This company should be shut down. Why are they not helping their customers and trying to resolve issues? Would it not be in their best interest? All the blogs being posted reflect bad about their process and product. You would wonder why a CEO of a company lets things go this bad...wow! Stay away from these guys and save your money.

late delivery and poor quality!

Ordered 12 roses for delivery as advertised next day. Delivery was 4 days later. Only received 9 roses, they were in terrible shape (pettles dead, did not open, lasted only a couple days). Did not match the advertised photo, which showed a nice arrangement. What arrived was 9 dead roses.

Called to complain, told i should receive an email, its been a week and nothing.

Stay away from this company.

charles Apr 11, 2008

My delivery was late too. Advertised as same day. I called in to tell them I didn't receive it yet, and they said "it's either delivered or enroute." Not helpful at all.

• Sw
    s wile May 12, 2008

Late and worst quality flowers

We ordered flowers for my mother who was in the hospital in Victoria. They arrived a day late, were in a large box with no water or vase and they were all dead. My mother thought someone was playing ajoke on her. We had been told they would come from a local dealer but were sent from Ottawa. We followed their process supplemented by a half dozen phone calls, pictures, and several additional emails. Little recourse was given. We finally received an email telling us for 9.99 they would come and pick up the flowers. Are they CRAZY. I will never deal with this company again and will advise anyone to not use them. I wish there was more that could be done to hold these kinds of companies accountable.

YVONNE May 14, 2008

I ordered from bloomex not only did the flowers arrive on time but they were beautiful .. fresh and so nice to recieve ... ive ordered a few times and have never had a problem ... the service was great

• Th
    Theis Jan 23, 2010

Order #00880989

I received the flowers pictured from my sister in the USA. I live in Canada. I started taking a photo of flowers received and sending the photo to the individual who purchased the flowers with a thank you. Often what was ordered is not what was received, as in this case. Although I was surprised at receiving flowers and obviously thrilled etc., after hearing that this was not what my sister ordered I felt she should pursue this because what she had ordered was clearly more expensive than what was received. The photo shows lots of carnations. My arrangement had not one! I hate it when people get ripped off!

With today's technology, it is easy to show the person sending flowers what was received with a click of a button. You'd think these florists would remember this and be more careful in sending what was paid for.

Linda

• Th
    Theis Jan 23, 2010

Posted a comment but pictures did not show up!

dead flowers

I purchased three dozen roses to be delivered on Valentines Day. When they arrivede, several of the roses were broken and most of them were black. It was obvious that they had frozen. So far I have made numerous attempts to contact Bloomex, with no response. I will be contacting my credit card company to try to get a refund...

Joanne Mar 06, 2008

My two children who live in istanbul and thompson manitoba had both ordered from bloomex to have flowers delivered to my office for my 49th birthday. one order arrived one day early and the flowers were not only dead, but I found out my daughter had ordered and paid for a larger number of flowers than what was received. the next day an order arrived from my son and his wife in instanbul. these flowers were so dead they fell apart as I tried to removed them from the box. I immediately called the bloomex number and to my surprise, got no satisfaction from them. after a lot of calls and complaints they told me they would have someone pick them up and the money would be refunded to my kids.

Well, to date the flowers have yet to be picked up and the money has not been credited to my kids visas.

I have spread the word for all who I know not to order flowers from bloomex. I also reported them to bbb and found out that I was one of many dozens of reports to the bbb and the company has not responded to any of the complaints.

• Mo
    Monica Mar 20, 2008

I sent bloomex flowers to my sister to celebrate the birth of my new nephew. the flowers received were dead and not the flowers I sent. I have been in contact with bloomex to have the issue resolved for over a month (luckily my sister took a picture of the flowers when they were received so we had proof). the company has offered to replace the flowers or to credit my credit card, but only after collecting the dead flowers for a $9.99 charge... excuse me!
    I ordered my wedding flowers from bloomex and have numerous sleepless nights because of this incident.

• Be
    bella26 Feb 22, 2019

@Monica amen to that.

CATHY M Mar 24, 2008

This company should be run out of town on a rail!
    I placed an order on march 17/08 for delivery on march 21/08. it was not delivered, but I got an email telling me it was delivered on march 20/08, that would have been great, but it's not true. the confirmation email also stated their agent in kelowna, british columbia delivered to my order destination of morinville, alberta! I think they need a map of canada as well, duh!
    I think someone should pay them a visit - if I could I would!!
    Why do canadians put up with so much crap!!??

Tracey Mar 29, 2008

Read their terms of use. it states that you use them at your own risk!!!

Terms of use -

Services and conditions of use
    As part of our service, we agree to provide you with information and other services that we may decide to offer, subject to the terms of this agreement. upon notice published through the service, we may modify this agreement at any time. you agree and continue to agree to use our services in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in the policies and guidelines outlined below. please note that you will be referred to as 'customer' in this agreement.
    Rules for online conduct
    By using the service, you agree that you will not attempt to undermine the integrity of this web site.
    Limitation of liability and warranty
    Customer agrees that use of the service is entirely at customer's own risk. services are provided 'as is, ' without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, services, uninterrupted access, or products provided through or in connection with the service, including without limitation the software licensed to the customer and the results obtained through the service. specifically, we disclaim any and all warranties, including without limitation: 1) any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy or content of information, products or services; and 2) any warranties of title or warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
    This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. customer specifically acknowledges the service is not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other customers or third-parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with customer.
    Neither the service nor any of its agents, affiliates or content providers shall be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of use of the service or inability to gain access to or use the service or out of any breach of any warranty. customer hereby acknowledges that the provisions of this section shall apply to all content on the service. we are not responsible for late deliveries caused by acts of god (weather conditions, storms, hurricanes, earth quakes, etc...) and no refunds will be issued for these reasons.
    Trademarks
    All trademarks appearing on the service are trademarks of their respective owners.

Tracey Mar 29, 2008

These are the owners of bloomex - the info includes phone numbers and email addresses.

Domain florist-ottawa. ca

Fax
    Email [email protected]

• Gw
    Gwen Jun 02, 2008

I have also had trouble with a non delivery from Bloomex. As I live in the UK and my friend is in BC Canada, I checked online to find a local company to deliver flowers for her birthday-unfortunately not Googling them first to see the complaints against them!
    Several emails later-with no response! and obviously not wanting to phone from the UK, I checked their website again and discovered their online 'chat' facility. I sent a message stating that I was refering my case to Visa if I did not get a refund and received a reply immediately-informing me the 'manager' would be reviewing the situation.
    I have now received a full refund.

Brian Harrison Jun 04, 2008

Since I was going to be out of town for the days immediately preceding mother's day, I ordered flowers for my mom on april 30. when I googled "florists, penticton bc, bloomex was one of the first ones to come up. I chose a bouquet and ordered the flowers be delivered on the day before mother's day. she received the flowers the day after mother's day and they were half dead and flattened, some broken. we were both surprised that the flowers had come from a vancouver florist and had been shipped by truck to penticton, a 6 hour drive away. when she told me, I contacted bloomex by e-mail through their website and waited. when I received no response I had my mom e-mail me pictures of the damaged bouquet and I forwarded them on to bloomex with another message. again no response. I phoned them and, of course, got voice mail saying they would call back in 24 hours. 48 hours later still no response, so I e-mailed again and phoned again. after the may long weekend I received an e-mail apologizing and stating that they would replace the flowers. a week and a half later, when she still had not received the replacement flowers, I e-mailed again, then I called again - then I called again. finally a representative called and said they hadn't sent the 2nd bouquet because I hadn't responded to their e-mail. I pointed out that np where in their message did it say that I was to respond, it simply said they were replacing the flowers. period.

Yesterday I got an e-mail from my mom saying the replacement bouquet had arrived. it is half the size of the original and when she unwrapped it most of the petals fell off the flowers and some were actually rotten. when I contacted bloomex they said that when the first order was unsatisfactory I had the option to reorder or obtain a refund. no one offered me this option. they now refuse to refund my money.

Bloomex mgmt has posted on other websites saying that their competitors post all these complaints - well I am not a competitor - my confirmation number was 805669 - I am just one of the many people bloomex has not served satisfactorily. I strongly urge people not to deal with them, they are unscrupulous!

• Gr
    Grete Jun 10, 2008

My son is traveling overseas & send me flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers arrived early, which was okay. But they were moldy & the roses fell off the stems when I tried to pick them up. I took pictures & emailed them to Bloomex. To date - no response! I would not recommend using this company!

• Ba
    Barb Jul 09, 2008

I have never had such a terrible experience with a company in my life. bloomex delivered flowers 5 days late and dead. when I phoned for customer service, all I got was an operator who said they couldn't do anything about it. I sent e-mails galore! phone calls daily. I finally insisted that the operators contact their head office and tell them to contact me. they never phoned me. this has gone for over a month. had to take pictures of the dead flowers. then they sat on the recipients front porch for 2 weeks to be picked up by bloomex at a cost to me again. then I had to fight with the company to give me my money back. do not, do not, do not ever purchase from bloomex. you will only be disappointed. shame on the people who work for and own bloomex. e-mail everyone you know about this company. we need to get the word out.

jess Aug 01, 2008

Absolutely horrible. wish I would have listened to these complaints prior to placing an order. I am now going to await my refund and will file suit against them. not only did my friend in the hospital never receive her flowers... they kept telling me that they were "investigating" the order. the order was already 3 days late at that point. I am livid! went back to my old trusted friends at ftd.com who never let me down!!! what was I thinking to try to change?! do not I repeat do not order from this company. you will not get anyone on the phone and no one calls back and you can only leave messages online or on phone or text back and forth with a rude "live operator"... not sure how they're still in business, but I will contact the bbb and attorney generals office in regard. I can't believe how horrible this "company" is!!!

• Li
    Lindsey Sep 04, 2008

I have been trying for over 3 months to get a refund for the dead, moldy flowers that were delivered to my Mom on Mother's Day. I sent photos of the dead flowers to the company, but they have since ignored me. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but unfortunately there is nothing they can do and the company keeps ignoring them too. Does anyone know what else can be done? I'm so livid that this company stays in business with such poor business practices and absolutely no customer support!

• Li
    linda Magiera Oct 23, 2008

Wow, I thought I was the only one who was frustrated with Bloomex. Here is my story-ordered flowers early on Oct. 21st for my daughter as she was due home from surgery. I order 6 red roses, 6 white roses, a teddy bear, and much to my surprise I had to pay for the vase. Order was nearly $80.00. I was told they would average the cost for the red and white roses as they sold them as groups of red or white. Said the order would be there on the 21st. Did not arrive that day-that evening I started trying the website, but it was closed. Next day got on the chat line, they said the flowers would be sent-later that day -I even got a call from the manager in Ottawa saying he was checking it out. I called my daughter, she said she had just got them-she did not sound very happy. I asked if she liked the roses, she said she got daisies, very cheap arrangement, and was surprised as we always send nice flowers. Got on the website again, they said they would send the roses the next day. Which is today, called my daughter, she got 3 roses and some lilies. She said the whole arrangement is pretty pathetic. Got on the web again, said I wanted a refund as they had promised the roses, did not get them and what was going on. The said they had delivered twice and the order was closed. I asked my daughter for pictures, I am taking it up with Visa

Jennifer Tosoff Oct 29, 2008

Even I too, a florist, have learned my buyer beware lesson from bloomex.
    We have no wire service such as ftd for precisely this reason. large volume call centres and websites can't possibly do the same job a professional florist can.
    We usually contact a florist directly by phone & email and pay by visa. this seems to be the most reliable way to ensure a timely delivery of a good product. I have never had a problem doing it this way.
    One of my newer staff members sent an order with bloomex to help one of our customers get flowers to ontario (it came up first on google and she did not shop around I guess).
    I have been given the run around for a week now on a non delivery. I was offered a resend which does no good as the recipient is no longer in that location (it was for a graduation ceremony) or cancellation at a charge of $25.00. now I have to dispute it with my credit card company. I feel that these guys are running nothing more than a scam.
    I will never use a wire or internet service again.
    From now on all my business goes to small florists in actual retail shops.
    Thanks for sharing your stories, i'm glad i'm not the only person to be ripped off by these guys, and I hope these guys get what's coming to them. failure.

Jay Oct 31, 2008

Bloomex was completely indifferent to my requests for service and for an answer to my fundamental question of: "Do you intend to deliver the flowers I ordered and paid for?".

I had to badger them for a "I'll get back to you" response on at least three occasions. Weeks passed...no answer or action and clearly no interest in refunding my $52 dollars that they had promptly processed the day after my order. They do that well!

No excuses for Bloomex. Order from them at your peril.

I had to dispute the charge through my credit card company to get my money back. I did.

Bad. Really bad.

YVONNE Nov 08, 2008

To all bloomex customers that placed an order with bloomex in the past
    5 months,

I am an ex operator for bloomex, I am the operator that placed your order
    For flowers or a gift basket. you are entitled to a small refund with bloomex,
    There is a glitch in the system and you will notice that I asked you for your
    Credit card information before giving you the total of your order, the reason
    For this is that the price increases after the order has been confirmed.
    The following is a note from the manager of bloomex angela, all operators
    Were instructed to do as her letter requested.

This is how bloomex works, please read the following especially #4. which explains why we should not give a total till after the credit card goes threw...!!!

Hi everyone!

A few things ;

1. credit card security codes. must be asked for, when you are taking the number over the phone, we are finding a lot of orders stay in pending when they could have just been paid for.
    It is because the security code was not put in. please remember.

2. vase and card combo. this is not an order we can send out by itself. the vase is large and with 3 roses in it, it is not pretty! so, please ensure that you are using it as an add on, not as an order alone.

3. if you have someone who is sending to 2 different people, you need to create 2 different orders. this is because both orders cannot be processed with 1 delivery. if you have any questions about this, please ask.

4. when you are finalizing the order, tell the customer the price after the order confirmation. this is a better reflection of the price. then you can tell them the order number as well. (it is a glitch in the system that we cannot find, but we are working on it... customers for the most part do not notice. do not draw attention to it, please. just be aware of it! and tell the customer the price only at the very, very end of the transaction.!!!)

5. please make sure that you have all of the information. we know by now that you are tired of hearing this, but we are still having orders go through without postal codes, etc. it is not that hard to find this information on 411. ca or canada post, and if it is a business you can goggle the business. please and thank you.! oh yeah, we must have a phone number for the recipient incase the order has to go with teleflora.

6. be a positive and professional voice over the phone. that is what continues to work with the customers and helps you make sales.!!

7. add on sales. it is now a very smart way for you to build your sales by adding on extra touches. the balloons, the full size cards, the vase and card combo etc... all will help build our average ticket sale!

Thanks guys. angela

Just fyi,
    Some changes to the schedule you may have noticed, david h has decided to leave us. we thank him for his help and dedication to bloomex.
    Stephanie p, sophie, rolly and stedman have all gone now and we wish them the best of luck.

YVONNE Nov 09, 2008

Just so everyone knows... the sales operators do not work at an office, they work out of there homes, this is why you can't be transferred.. if your a complaint operators are told not to waste time with the customers complaints.. they have people in customer service that have been trained to hang up on you or leaving you hanging on the live chat.. they know you get tired of waiting and hang up.. thats the game they play... if your working for them I would suggest you check your pay hours you'll find each pay you have been deducted for something if its $5.00 for a wrong email, its something else.. I think office staff angela m, michelle, marilyn and megan get bonus if they get back funds from you... they screw you to benefit themselves... ask me I know.. you can contact me if you like and I will give you all the information about this company... its so easy to collect your credit card info with this company... it wouldnt surprise me if the head office was already doing this for there own purpose... if your not wise enough to read these notes from people you deserve to get screwd... and they will screw you... they would screw over there own mothers if they had the chance...!!!

YVONNE Nov 09, 2008

a message from the owner for telling people the truth ...
    Yvonne,
    You signed contract for non disclosure of company information. Your file will be handled to McGuire & Mills law firm on Monday morning. Pls contact Angela first thing in the morning to rectify the situation untill legal action against you will take place,
    Dimitri
    Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

I think me letting customers know that they are being ripped off has upset someone tsk tsk ... doesnt pay to be dishonest ... does it Dimitri !!! you wanted me to work for free ... I am ... more volunteer work for bloomex.ca

YVONNE Nov 10, 2008

If you are ordering flowers from bloomex, or making a complaint the reason the operator cannot transfer your call is because we all work out of our homes and not in an office with other people.. we are just individuals like yourself, sitting a home selling flowers on line.. your credit card information is only as safe as the computor its being processed on. please do not take out your frustrations on the operators, they are instructed by head office to not help a complaining customer.. you as the customer should realize that you are not the only ones getting screwed, if you give the operator the wrong email address $5. is deducted from you pay for each address that is wrong, we are not paid for breaks not 10 min breaks or lunch not even paid if we go pee, we are deducted. we were being paid $11 hrsly plus 3.5% commission, but that changed overnite to $10. hrly and commission only if you sell so many orders over $60. then you get an extra 1$ an hour which works out to if you worked 20 hrs for the week you get $20. bonus, this is a significant drop in pay, dropped mine over 400. a paycheck.. the reason I was told for the change is because operators are no longer doing customer service, the commission wasnt for customer service it was for sales, and then its based on a conversion that megan in the office does, so if you get 30 calls a day and 15 are sales and 15 are customer service its still figured that you missed 15 sales and this counts towards your sales bonus, but they make sure you can't get that either. bloomex no doubt can write a book on how to screw the customer and employee in 10 easy steps.. they have had lots of practice.. check face book groups and see how many people they have screwed royally.. have a nice day!!! do yourself a favor and order from anywhere else. pay the extra 10$ in the end it will be worth it...!!!

YVONNE Nov 10, 2008

To anyone and everyone who has been ripped off by bloomex. ca flowers on line.. including ex employee's who have also been ripped off by bloomex. dimitri the owner of the company has decided that he is pursuing legal action against me for informing customers that they have been ripped off. which is true, any customer who has placed an order in the last 5 months has been overcharged this is the reason the operator takes your credit card # before giving you a total.. it increases after they process the credit card. I have notified some of my customers and I have approximately 1000 left to notify by email.. so join the fight and help put this company out of the business of legally stealing from every one.. contact me at [email protected] lets fight them together... have a nice day

YVONNE Nov 14, 2008

a new number for those who cant reach bloomex during regular hours ... try the owner at home ... 613 783 0889

YVONNE Nov 17, 2008

When ordering from bloomex be sure to read the policies, they count on you not reading them and then you kick your butt for not... pay close attention to the $9.99 charge to pick up the dead flowers they send 2 or 3 days late... then the time you waste trying to get someone to help you.
    !!! buyer*beware!!!

Limitation of liability and warranty
    Trademarks

• Mi
    Michelle Robitaille Nov 26, 2008

Yvonne, it is very unfortunate that your disdain for your recent employer has resulted in you posting malicious, defamatory statements, to which you will be held accountable. we found it necessary to clarify some of your nonfactual remarks, so that your posts included with ours will reflect the correct information regarding bloomex.

1- pay structure and breaks - yes, you are not paid for breaks, or your lunch. however, you signed a contract before commencing your employment, which stipulated all these conditions of employment. you agreed, no one forced your to sign the contract, you had the opportunity to decline the position once your read the terms, but you did not.
    A) breaks you did not take - the system records when you log on, make available, make busy and log off. you tried to claim break times on your pay, and you were caught. consequently, you were not paid for it.
    B) your incorrect email deduction - you are given a print out of the incorrect email you have been deducted for at each pay. you can verify for yourself that the emails are incorrect. you make it seem as though bloomex just randomly picks a figure to deduct off your pay, which is incorrect - you get the list of incorrect emails for your own verification.
    C) as for slavery -$10 per hour plus bonuses is a respectable pay considering you are working from home and not subjected to typical expenses such as gas, wear and tear on your vehicle, proper office attire, etc not to mention the convenience of not sitting in rush hour traffic, time traveling to and from work, office politics, etc.

Perhaps the most ridiculous part of your posts is you claiming breaks are unpaid, you don't get paid to take a pee, you get deducted for incorrect emails (which is done to ensure quality and accurate work ethics), etc, which you knew about before and during your employment.

2- the infamous computer glitch - angela sent the email to all operators, she stated there was a glitch, as it was easier to say glitch to operators, then to attempt to explain a system that they do not know, understand or even have access to. the "glitch" in which angela referred to is not a "glitch", it's an adjustment of taxes from province to province. depending on the province which places the order, it default's the tax increment to alberta, and the tax amount is adjusted after the credit card information is entered, as it processes the correct province of origin's tax amount. so your defamatory statement of bloomex "ripping off all orders" is false, you made this statement without even knowing the system. of course, we felt it unnecessary to explain this to operators, as they do not have access to the administration system.

3- privacy policy at bloomex - we want to make this perfectly clear: we at bloomex have never sold, leased, loaned, given away in any form or fashion credit card information. our system doesn't store credit card information, and ms. yvonne belanger would not know this as she has never had access to the administrative system. if, ms. belanger retained any personal customer information for her own gain or profit, she is violation of the contractual agreement she signed, and the privacy act.

4- personally attacking other employees - your malicious, rude comments personally attacking other employees is completely uncalled for. your immense hatred towards megan and angela is unwarranted and unfounded. your comments are disrespectful, considering no one at bloomex has ever personally attacked you or your character, you should consider exercising the same discipline.

5- your behavior - yvonne belanger, you have malevolently and continuously harassed employees at bloomex. you have repeatedly called our 1-800 number to tell operators they are ripping people off, and that they in turn will be ripped off. you, yvonne have illegally placed orders with "fake" credit card information. you have retained bloomex client emails, and sent them deceptive spiteful emails. you post fictitious "emails" from alleged employees and dimitri, to which you cannot substantiate. you have obsessively posted your dishonest remarks repeatedly. you created this drama over purportedly being underpaid for 3 hours, to which was graciously pointed out to you as breaks, has spiraled into chaotic fabricated allegations and deceitful accusations. the most disturbing behavior is you have uttered death threats to both angela and dimitri, you have continuously called at harassed the office, all of your actions have resulted in the police being contacted.
    The police have advised you that we have had no other choice but to get a restraining order against you because of your unlawful and reckless behavior.

6- claims regarding your pay - in regards to your claim for your pay, you are not owed any compensation, as you did not fulfill your contractual obligations which you agreed to abide by.

We do wish you the best in future endeavors, however you will find it difficult to find employment if you continue to illicitly breach company privacy policies and contractual obligations.

Michelle robitaille
    Public relations manager
    Bloomex inc.

Pamela Corrathers Nov 28, 2008

Thank you for your excellent service. I visited and stayed two days with an old McGill medical school classmate and his wife out in Abbotsford, and I am glad I had the opportunity to use your services to send a "thank you" boquet to them, which they obviously appreciated. I will definitely order from Bloomex again, til then best of luck in your business and keep up the good work!

Pamela Corrathers

Jess Hobson Nov 28, 2008

Ma'am no offense but this really isn't relevant to consumers nor is it going to improve your situation. It definately isn't relevant to this site. Also, don't you think it is counter productive to your efforts to post all your information online including how much money you made? In a time where privacy is so important to consumers, you are posting all this information about yourself including your email address and earnings. It is unlikely that the company will pay you anything if you keep posting similar things. I know I wouldn't pay you.

If you have an employment contract, you are better to go through the courts if a company owes you money. Also, judges take into account almost everything so every post you make and all the information you give works against you in a court of law. More importantly, you are giving away any information that you have that the company is not aware of.

Also, no one knows who you are talking about when you mention names of people in the company. Maybe this is a conversation that should happen between you and the company and not on an online complaints board.

YVONNE Nov 28, 2008

Thank You appreciate your advice ..

Jess Hobson Dec 01, 2008

I ordered flowers from Bloomex in Edmonton for someone in hospital. I did not see the product (in real) and I was told it has been delivered in time.

The Bloomex website shows great quality/price and the delivery is fast. My friend didn't tell me about the flowers while she was at the hospital. But when I met her days later she kissed me and thanked me for the beautiful flowers she received from Bloomex.

Jess Hobson Dec 01, 2008

Exceptional service! After placing an order with Bloomex for delivery to my daughter in Red Deer, AB, I was informed that my daughter's work address had changed, and I was sending her the flowers to the old address. I contacted Bloomex, where the service rep was very pleasant and corrected the delivery address for me right away. The flowers arrived on time the next day as requested, my daughter put them on her desk at work because she "wanted to share their beauty with everyone". Great service and wonderful flowers.

savagepriest Dec 16, 2008

I made an order worth 35 dollars which is about 2000 Indian rupees, I thought the gift would reach my girlfriend before she leaves for Toronto, but who knew the worse was about to happen.
    I was robbed of my money I don't think the money will come back neither will the parcel that was sent to her has ever reached.

Not only these people break relations, they are worse then robbers they should be jailed for such offense.

If there is any cyber law I wish to use it against them

YVONNE Dec 19, 2008

Need to get ripped off, need to waste your christmas money? if you do order bloomex. ca this company will guarantee to rip you off.. try getting someone to help you after you have placed your order and they have your money lol... thats a joke, customer service has a script and if you don't like the script they disconnect you.
    The point is to frustrate you enough that you say screw it, I only spent 60$ no big deal, they count on this thats why you are ignored continually.
    Check out all complaint sites and the better business bureau before ordering with bloomex. ca save yourself the aggrivation..!!!
    Have a nice day...
    Bloomex doesnt pay ex employee's thier last pay either, dimtri doesnt pay you unless you lie for him. he prefers we go to court and that works for me. so I will see him in court and I will keep letting people know what kind of business he runs and what kinds of person he is.. he is a crook and would no doubt rob his own mother if he could... crook crook crook crook... lousy buisnessman and not much of a decent human being...
    Sincerely yvonne
    Ex employee

• In
    Indy Dec 24, 2008

Really bad experiebce with the company - Twice

Once in September - Ordered roses... Delivery was late by a day/ Flowers were poor quality (old and withered)and they changed the colour from red to pink... apparently they have some sort of a substitution policy... No refund or product replacement offered. Sent them pics of the product and according to them the roses were in 'acceptable' condition.

December - I thought it would be a one off so tried using them again ... This time used same day guranteed delivery... 3 days later and the order hasnt shown up yet... Have contacted them and each time they say they need to contact their production dept and they would email me (this has happened 3 times and havent heard back from them again)
    They then promised delivery yesterday before 12noon ... needless to say nothing turned up .

I for one will not be using this company again .

Brook D Jan 23, 2009

Can not be trusted for delivery. do not order from t his company.

They promise same day delivery but do not deliver. I order a 200 dollar basket and told them it needed to be delivered before 4pm. I ordered it at 11am. 2 days later the basket has not been delivered. they have no telephone support for orders. you can call and make an order but no one will help you with an existing order. the women was extremely rude on the phone when she finally called me back. she told me they do not guarentee delivery before 5pm - but the person who took my order told me it was no problem. two days later the package has not arrived.

When I called my card company, they told me I was the second complaint about bloomex that day.

yvon Feb 11, 2009

Good day,

I order some flower on jan 27 to be delivery feb 10 and the order # 863326 and I paid extra money for morning delivery.

At lunch time feb 10 I phoned my wife and no flower was ever delivery to her. so I went on live help to complaint and the lady told me after she look into the matter that the flower will be delivery before 5.00 pm so much for paying extra for early delivery. she said she will send a request so I could be reimbursed.

My wives stay at work until 4:45 on feb 10 to see if the flower will be delivery. no show

Feb 11 at lunch time I phoned my wife to see if she received the flower still no delivery. gilbert from bloomex said she should refuse the flower because more than likely they are dead.

At around 14:15 feb 11 the driver delivery the flower. he was to chicken to face my wife. he drops the flower on the first desk that he saw. than he left right away. my wives look at the flower and they are all dead, damage and smell smoke. she is allergic to smoke, since when the driver are allow to smoke in their delivery truck?

I phone canpar to find out from them that the flower left calgary on saturday for a 3.5 hrs drive to edmonton.

What happen to the flower between saturday to wednesday?

It is a very long time for the flower to be sitting somewhere.

The lady at canpar told me the flower left the warehouse in edmonton on monday.

Why the flowers were not delivery on monday?

She also mention no way I should paid for the fee to return the flower to bloomex because it canpar driver fault.

Now bloomex keep arguing with me that I have to pay the $10.00 fee for return to sender. we want the flower to be return and refund my entire fee not because we don’t like them. because canpar driver took to long to delivery and they were all dead, damage and smell like smoke.

It like if you order a pizza and the driver delivery the pizza the next day all cold and wet. of course you will refuse the pizza. than the pizza manager said by the way you have to pay a fee to send the pizza back to us.

Please look into this matter. I hope the driver from canpar will get fire for not doing his job right.

I am away from home for 6 months and it was something that I want to do to make my wife happy on her birthday. it turns out to be a disaster.

Yvon

• Da
    danny riggio Feb 12, 2009

i had fun today ordered 12 white roses 24 red roses an 1 vase.paid for delivery between 9am to 13pmthe next day this is my adventure first white roses not white but light pink 2.not vase i order was square not round 3.rose were different sizes and length 4.allmixed up in vase short in the middle long looks like i went to cematery and stuffed them in a vase. 5 roses are open some wilting.delivery was to be next day between 9am to 13pm no why not send it the same day paid 13.99 for that reason.when would have cost 9.99 my daughter was home thk god 6 now wife know 1 gift before valentines day.before you pay check because i paid more then advertised price all this for 168.00 what value i did learn never to buy anything online again.i ask for refund they respond send pictures and they will replace order when next valentines day i did send pictures and waiting not impressed with customer service i was fair and asked them to replace flowers and save the day no answer will try quebec better business bureau thk danny

Jo-Ann Apr 09, 2009

With regards to my order, I have received notice from the recipient - Uxbridge receiver of the floral arrangement who tells me she was absolutely overwhelmed with the beautiful arrangement you prepared. I thank you so much. This was my first order with Bloomex and definitely not my last, your staff were extremely helpful, and courteous and the confirmation of delivery is very reassuring. Thank you again, Jo-Ann

• Ro
    Rosan Oct 28, 2009

Hello I purchased flowers from bloomex.ca after the fact I surfed online and came across all these complaints and so I was actually expecting the worse. I am sorry for those who had a bad experience, however for one the delivery was on time actually some earlier which worked out great and the flowers although not as the picture were beautiful. One must keep in mind as well that the flowers it also depends on the seasons or when they are available as they do say this on the site.

My overall experience with them was very good and I would purchase from them again.

Rosie

• Ri
    Rick Moore Dec 24, 2009

If you order a flower arrangement for your Mother-in-law's Christmas present and the company don't have the flowers to send to her you would expect them to contact you and say so giving alternatives to your gift. Instead, Bloomex took it upon themselves to send a gift basket, which they couldn't tell me the contents of. Upon complaint they never came up with a solution to this predicament and on asking for a refund they then tried to charge me to pick up the unwanted, and unordered gift. This is still ongoing...

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY

I think this is the worst online experience I have ever had.

• Al
    Alli Jan 19, 2010

I ordered an Orchid Plant to be delivered to friend of mine who had just returned home after burying her mother. The orchid was delivered on the date requested, however it was delivered in sorry condition. It was boxed but laying on it's side & quite disheveled. Several petals were bent.Instead of real "dirt soil " it looks like bark mulch with the spidery roots exposed completely. I contacted customer service and they requested I take a picture of the product to prove the condition (they stated their customer service is to require this before they will investigate the claim). I stated that was not possible as my friend lives a 13hr. drive away, and considering what she's been through, the last thing she needs it to have to start taking photos to prove that the product THEY delivered in poor condition is indeed in poor condition. The last e-mail in which I insisted they deliver a new orchid and determine upon pick-up if the story of its condition is correct has been ignored since this morning. Their policy (if that is indeed their policy) is customer hostile- as in - The end-receiver has to prove to them that the condition of the flowers was poor before they will do anything about. How embarrassing as a giver to have this sort of product delivered.

I WILL NOT ORDR FROM THEM AGAIN.

• Kl
    |Kli Jan 19, 2010

I've ordered flowers with a vase and a teddy bear from this Ontario based company two days in advance, to be delivered in Toronto. I've also paid a premium for morning delivery.

Not only were the flowers not delivered in the morning, the order was wrong and I was unable to get an update as to its status as this company does not have live customer service representatives and the online help has no authority to respond to anything beyond the simplest inquiries.

I would highly recommend that you do not order from them as smaller, local flower shops offer much better and reliable service at similar prices.

• Gr
    Grenko Jan 21, 2010

I wanted a delivery on a Tuesday and put in my order at 11:30 am. (They stipulate in their policy that they guarantee delivery the same day if the order is put in before 1:00 pm). I didn't get word that it was not delivered until I phoned the recipient on Wednesday. I then tried to cancel my order. The manager delivered it, even though I said to cancel and refused to give me a refund unless I spent my own money to send it back. I won't ever use this service again.

• Gl
    Globe Feb 02, 2010

I called in my order as the person I was sending the gift to lives an hour out of Vancouver and I wanted an assurance that they would receive this birthday gift on time. I was told there would be no problem to deliver on the day I requested.

1) Sadly, the item was not delivered on the requested day.
    2) Customer service said they called me to advise of the delay. There was no call; I have caller ID and I was available all day. I later did get an email however, apparently it was too late to change the order.
    3) Item was delivered the next day when the recipient was away on vacation.
    4) I ordered a Fruit & Cheese Basket and asked that they include some crackers.
    5) Apparently, they ran out of cheese..!
    6) Crackers (which I paid extra for) were not included.
    7) Cookies were included (as per their policy they can substitute anything they want).
    8) The recipient finally got the fruit & cheese basket with no cheese or crackers, not on the day requested, and said to me, "I do hope you didn't pay a lot for this gift, it was very disappointing".
    9) Total cost $85.00
    10) Satisfaction level? - extremely low
    11) Will I use BLOOMEX.CA again? - No

• Si
    Simon Feb 10, 2010

I ordered a tedddybear bouquet for my grandchild online. The bouquet was described with roses and gerulas. The bouquet was delivered to the wrong address and was just carnations. Repeated attempts by myself and the BBB were ignored. All I asked was to have the flowers exchanged for the described ones.

• Vi
    Viller Apr 23, 2010

I placed a same day delivery on sat oct 17, 2009. I wanted the flowers delivered on sunday but was informed by phone that deliveries are not made on sundays. depite ordering at 4pm (cut off 1pm for same day), I was assured that the delivery could be made that evening between 6-9pm. I received e-mail confirmation the same day. the next morning (sunday) received an e-mail notifying me of status change for delivery to be made monday due to the late order. the unfortunate nature of this is that the funeral was sunday, not monday. it took me several attempts to reach a voice to cancel the order. once done (on sunday) I was informed I would receive confirmation of the cancellation monday morning. so far I have not received anything (11am monday) and once again have made several attempts to reach a voice at the company. I left a voice-mail but have not received a return phone-call. the bottom line is that it was too late to order from another company... so no flowers were present at the funeral to represent our sympathy.

This is absolutely pathetic and I still don't know if the charge was cancelled! I will never place an order with this company again.

• Ka
    katinmattis May 19, 2010

*buyers beware* I ordered flowers for my mom on mother's day. however, it never arrived. therefore, I emailed them to stop delivering them as there is no point in delivering the flowers after mother's day. the company delivered the withering flowers the day after I sent them the email and insisting on charging me. you can never get through to their customer service line and their sales would tell you they cannot patch you through to anyone in cs. I kept on pushing them for a refund then they told me "mother's day orders cannot be refunded". I mean seriuosly first you didn't deliver them on time, secondly, you delievered them even when I told you not to. I do not believe that I should have to pay for it. this company has caused me so much grief. do not be like me. do not order anything from them as they are a big rip off.

• Sc
    Scandinave367 May 25, 2010

Ordered flowers to be delivered in the morning (9-noon). the flowers were attempted to be delivered at night (10pm!) when no one was at home... thus left at house next door!!! the person who was supposed to receive the flowers did not get them until it was too late... but apperently, since they were technically delivered to somebody, bloomex did their job. so if you want your flowers delivered to a random person, at a random time, this is the company to go with. however, do not trust them to do a proper job or to take responsibility for their mistakes. apparently, my mother should have stayed at home waiting until midnight to get her flowers!

• La
    Lan in Edmonton May 27, 2010

Warning: stay away from bloomex!!!

Wow, I am just blown away by how bad this company's policies horrible customer service. here's my experience.

I ordered the "classic fruit basket" from bloomex on may 23rd to have it delivered on may 25th. I had it delivered to myself, so that I could give it to the person myself. my girlfriend was home that day, so I told her to wait for the delivery which shouldn't be any later than 5 pm (according to their website). I call her at 6pm to find out that the basket hadn't been delivered. I call bloomex and was assured that someone would call me back that day. nothing. I call back a few times the next day, left messages, nothing. then I get home to see the bloomex box on my doorstep. when I opened it, I found it to be completely the wrong basket!
    The "classic fuit basket" is supposed to contain: 1 pineapple, 2 bunches of grapes, 4 bananas, 4 apples, 4 pears, 3 oranges, 2 nectarines, small cut flower bouquet.
    Instead, this is what I got: 4 tiny old oranges, 4 pears, 4 apples, and 3 chocolate bars. no flowers!!
    So I called blooomex and of course and complaints just go straight to voicemail. again I left messages, and nothing. the next day I had to call their sales line to actually speak to someone, they said they couldn't help me, as they were on the "sales" line. when I pushed to have a manager call me back, I was disconnected.
    Finally, a few hours later a bloomex complaints manager called me back to say "we reserved the right to replace any items in your basket, with other items of equal value, if we don't have any of the items in stock". so I ask her: "are you kidding me?! this is a completely different basket that I ordered, and what about the bouquet of flowers??". she just repeats the bloomex policy to me, and tells me "you really should read the fine-print before calling in with a complaint". they refuse to exchange or refund me for this basket and now i'm stuck giving my friend her birthday gift-basket 3 days belated. thanks bloomex!

All I can do now is file as many complaints as I can and post as much as I can about this company. if my posts can even stop 2 potential customers from ordering, then I will be happy.

• Pi
    Pirsone34 Jun 17, 2010

I live overseas and sending flowers to my mom for her birthday is pretty important to me and her. my flowers were not only delivered 2 days late but when they arrived they were the wrong order, cheap carnations. I can understand making a mistake. my real problem was how hard it was to get in touch with someone to put the situation right. my mom called for me as I live in an opposite time zone and they had the nerve to tell her it was her fault when I obviously have the order slip in front of me and made no mistakes on address or date. then finally after 3 days of calling and emailing I tried to pretend to order flowers and then got someone immediately. they could only barely help because it was the wrong department. how shameful! a company this large should not only try to make new money but make sure their customers are satisfied and come back again. I will never use this company again and will make sure anyone I know wanting to order flowers knows how terribly it treats its customers.

• Gi
    Girbetter Jun 19, 2010

Like many others, I have had a horrible experience with this company. I ordered mother's day flowers, but they didn't arrive until the next night, after they had been sitting around for 1.5 days drying up. even worse, there is no customer service. I called many times (from overseas), sent multiple emails, and I never got anything by automated responses. the only way to get through to them is to call the orders line and complain to them.

I wish I had researched this company before placing an order - they have many complaints registered with the bbb.

I highly recommend that you avoid this company.

• Go
    Gostler234 Jun 19, 2010

*buyers beware* I ordered mother's day flowers for delivery one day earlier for mother's day. however, it never arrived on mother's day. I then immediately emailed them to stop delivery as there is no point in delivering the flowers after mother's day. then, this company delivered the withering flowers the day after I sent them the email (which is 3 days later than scheduled) and insisting on charging me. you can never get through to their customer service line and their sales would tell you they cannot patch you through to anyone in cs. I kept on pushing them for a refund then they told me "mother's day orders cannot be refunded". I mean seriuosly, first you didn't deliver them on time. then, you delievered them even when I told you not to. I do not believe that I should have to pay for it. this company has caused me so much grief. do not be like me. do not order anything from them as they are a big rip off.

cathiek Mar 22, 2011

well after reading these comments, my situation is the same. receiving dead flowers, not getting a refund and then having the customer service person lie to me about what she told me to do regarding refusing the second order in order to get a refund. then telling me this case is closed and i can call till i am blue in the face and hung up on me. now isn't that wonderful customer service. i have a claim pending with the better business bureau and will not stop there. i can't believe a company can get away with this.

• Gs
    gsk99 May 08, 2011

I've had poor experiences with an online flower retailer before so I figured I would try a new one to me - bloomex. unfortunately that experience didn't go so well. I like the idea of ordering online since I don't have to worry about business hours/timezones, I can see a list of items and prices, etc. it's quite convenient to put in an order. that doesn't matter if your order doesn't arrive on time if at all, especially something as time sensitive as flowers. I put in an order on thursday (8:54am gmt-7) for a friday delivery (gmt-4 at destination) as was offered on the website. they even gave me the option of same-day but I thought that was a bit unrealistic. friday evening came - no flowers. I called customer service - no one to take my call. you can't even stay on hold. I emailed since the website says it's their primary method of communication - no response. I finally got a hold of someone after several tries and lots of waiting with the online live chat feature of the site. they said the driver may not be there until 8pm for a residential delivery (the website says noon-5pm). so, I waited longer - nothing. I get an email finally on the next day... they say they missed the cutoff for the courier but no revised delivery date was offered. I replied to cancel the order and get a refund. I then got a reply saying that they were unable to fill the order due to location and I would get a refund. so what is it? they screwed up with the courier pickup or they screwed up with not telling me they couldn't deliver to me? the system they use to try to keep all this together seems to be pretty bad and contacting customer service is very difficult. my advice is that if you don't live in a major city where you *might* have a chance of success, forget online flower retailers, especially bloomex. google for a local flower shop and order direct.

• Mu
    mummy72 May 11, 2011

Ordered mothers day flowers to be delivered to my house - 5 days before mother's day. receipt said the flowers would arrive between 9am and 5pm. tried getting in touch with bloomex through thei "customer service" phoneline (closed), "live chat" on web-site - sales was unavailable - but leave a message, and by e-mailing them at "[email protected] ca". I would argue that they absolutely do not care. I was so upset - my mum had to leave at 6:30pm - and guess what?- no flowers!! as a last resort I tried calling the driver on his cell phone - no answer - and no voicemail - so I texted him saying don't bother delivering the order as my mum had left. driver showed up anyway at 8:30pm, and when we told him we were not accepting delivery - he tried to leave the flowers outside after we had got back in the house! i'm now on my 3rd day of trying to reach a person in that company - and have been unsuccessful - even after leaving every phone number I have on e-mails/voicemessages and online chat. I got an e-mail saying they would reimburse the flowers - but not the delivery charge - so another round of communication is on it's way!! I have never before resorted to a "complaintsboard`- but I really do not want anyone else to be put in this position - do not order from bloomex - pass the meesage on to all your family and friends! I have also filed a complaint with the better business bureau - i`m not letting this one `go`.

Bring81 May 12, 2011

Please do not buy from bloomex. ca. I made the mistake in not reading their really poor reviews ahead of time. I was amazed to find many people unhappy with the service and product. do not waste your money. use more caution in how you puchase online. you could end up wasting your money. I bought a fruit basket. it was to be delivered the day I purchased. it did not get delivered until 3 days later. I found it on the doorstep when I went to visit my sick brother. the fruit was frozen and rotten. the customer service rep was irate and defensive. my brother is now left with frozen and rotten fruit to eat for 90.00. any american should not purchase from them.

sanbel May 18, 2011

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister on her 50th birthday and I made sure someone was home the entire day so the delivery could be made. nothing was ever delivered so I called the 1-888-912-5666 number and it goes straight to a voice mail, no one ever answers the inquiry line only of course the order line. I kept calling, left a call back number, e-mailed 5 times and finally at 9pm est I got an email that someone will look into it. it is 11am the next day and nothing still. what is going on??? this has been the worst online order experience I have ever had. warning to all never order from this company... the worst. when I was calling them last night I actually had 2 people on the help desk hang up on me becuase it was close to the time they were closing and couldn't be bothered helping me!!!

• Bl
    BloomexN Jun 16, 2011

Very poor customer service. they never answer the phone when you click for "orders already placed". trick is to click "new orders" and (of course) they'll take your call right away.

Lost my order and claimed to put an investigation on it but never offered to send a fresh new bundle.

They only respond to emails if you send the same one 28 times back to back. don't bother sending 27 emails - it has to be 28 emails to get a response.

When you click "operator is online. click here for live help" there really is no operator as they never respond back.

I will never order from this site again and my advice would be to order from a trusted site that people can attest to with many positive comments.

Hope this helps in your future decision making process.

• My
    mymonz9 Jun 29, 2011

I was not impresses at all with bloomex. I place my online order on dec 19th it was going to be a christmas present. I just received my order today. It is the 4th of Jan. The order looked nothing like the picture. And it was missing stuff. Every time I tried to phone them to talk to someone I wold get a machine. When someone did finally phone me back they told me they where sending an email to a customer representative and that they would call me back. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I will never do business with them again.

• Ar
    ariel10 Aug 13, 2011

Please don't believe in this company, they say that if you order before 1 pm is same day delivery, well just in case I order 1 day before for the other day before 2 pm, the flowers arrive at 5 pm, my wife no longer was working at that time, she finish at 2 pm, and was clear in the order, and when ask for my refund, because was obviously their mistake, they offer me half of the money, they ruined my surprise anniversary gift and they kept half of the money on top.

• Fa
    favoo Sep 12, 2011

Please do not use this company. They sent frozen flowers to my 95 year old grandmother and it has take two months for them to tell me they can't see the picture that was sent to them. They've refused to refund me and only offered to resend the flowers. How do you resend flowers for a birthday that happened two months ago! They are incredibly bad, unbelievably rude and totally irresponsible. I will never use them again and would suggest that you take your business elsewhere if you want to stay sane and not filled with rage!

• Er
    Eric1234 Feb 22, 2012

I've ordered flowers from Bloomex for Valentines day and paid extra money to get them deliver during the evening. I told my girlfriend to stay home that night so that she may received them. They never showed up that evening. The next day somebody came to my condominium building with the flowers and did not bother buzzing in even though I had specified the buzzer number on the order. My girlfriend was home that day and would have been able to received them. They left a sticker on the front door of the building saying that they tried to deliver and were going to try again the next day. (I don't have the same definition of trying than them!!!) So I tried to call them but realize it was impossible. I manage to get one of their chat people to get some kind of manager to send me an e-mail of prerecorded sentences that they use to shut people up. They offered me to try to deliver the product again or to give me a store credit "FREE OF CHARGE" because they are just so nice. I mean this is great... they wont give me my money back but they could send me a fresh order of dead flower (as long as my girlfriend take a week of work and stand outside of the building because their delivers can't figure out how to use an entrance system). Anyway I've already dispute the charge with my credit card company so hopefully that works. I don't really care about the money, I just don't want them to have it. I would be very happy with them sending me a picture of them burning the money so I know for a fact that they don't have it. Oh yeah I forgot... today the delivery company called me and told me they tried to deliver the flowers twice and asked me if I wanted them to try again. I said first of all, you never really tried and seriously, they are flowers, that was seven days ago! I laughed at him and hang up! Never again

• Do
    do better Aug 19, 2012

I am a funeral director in toronto. I feel sorry for people that waste their money purchasing flowers from bloomex to send to a family having a visitation at a funeral home. there are multiple areas of failure in how bloomex performs their duties:

!) the flowers are not labelled for whom the visitation is for (just the card indicating who it is from). how is the funeral home to know which visitation room to place the flowers?
    2) when we call bloomex to advise of the lack of an appropriate delivery card (which all of florists have no problem using to label the arrangement) they never get back to the funeral home so the flowers will just sit in the flower room. if there is only one visitation then we will put it in that room but advise the family we are uncertain if it is for them as the florist did not indicate the name of the deceased on the delivery.
    3) the flowers delivered never last more than a day - that's right, they already look like crap at the time of delivery. within 24 hours they are dead. not only do they not last, the way they are arranged is atrocious! very sparsely put together with too much put at the front so they have a tendency to fall forward if we don't jam something under the container at the front.
    4) the card indicating who the flowers are from is massive!! totally an inappropriate size of card and looks completely ridiculous. on smaller arrangements the card is bigger than the flowers!

I am always embarrassed when people see the garbage they have spent their money on. and I always tell them to charge it back on their credit card. you would have been better off making a donation to a charity rather than throwing away your money on the ugliest flower arrangements ever created. shame on bloomex because I consider it theft that you actually charge people for something that would look best in the garbage.

• Al
    Algimantas Jan 16, 2014

I would not order floral arrangement delivery through this company. They don't care about their customers. My friend overseas ordered a straightforward arrangement of two bouquets, with specific instructions on the makeup and delivery time.
    They totally changed one of the bouquets and ignored the specific delivery time guidelines, leaving the package at the front door.
    Worst of all, despite repeated complaints (6 or more) to them, in which I simply asked that they send a courteous apology to my ladyfriend, they never even acknowledged the letters.

• Re
    Reviewer94377 Mar 01, 2016

This is by far the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Their staff and managers are rude and obnoxious. They do not deserve to be in business. If you call and talk to a manager to complain that a staff member hung up on you, the manager treats you with an attitude and also hangs up on you !!!

Buy your flowers and baskets from ANYONE other than Bloomex. They deserve to go out of business.

• Iv
    Ivi smith May 09, 2016

I was sent flowers for Mother's Day and what I actually received was dead flowers, she I took them out of the box the flower petals started falling off. I immediately took a picture for proof. This morning I called Bloomex to complain and was told that a Supervisor or Manager would be calling me back. I called them back and was told the same thing, I'm still waiting. This is such a scam!

• Be
    bella26 Feb 22, 2019

@Ivi smith I totally agree 10000% scam!

late delivery, flowers were almost dead!

Do not buy from bloomex!!!

Order no. 791830 approximate cost: $60

I ordered flowers from bloomex for valentines day at approximately 9:00 a. M.. They were not delivered until the next day. Their policy is to deliver to business addresses before 5:00 pm if order is placed before 1:00p. M. On same day. Worst of all was the quality of the flowers. Perhaps they were left out over night in the delivery person's car because they looked half dead. I have called them several times but each time I talk to someone they state that someone will get back to me shortly. So far, two weeks later, all they have tried to do is give me a 15% discount coupon. I guess they expect me to buy some more dead flowers! I am now going to contact the better business bureau as well as the ontario concumer protection branch. I will also call visa to cancel this charge since they failed to meet their end of the contractural aggreement by failing to deliver the same day the order was rendered.

Save yourself a whole lot of trouble and purchase your flowers elsewhere. My wife is a teacher and she has already spread the word around the school like a wild fire! Please do the same!

Chris

• Da
    Dana Mar 10, 2008

My Grandma passed away at the end of January, and some friends sent a sympathy fruit basket, it arrived late and when we finally received and opened the box, the basket had been left outside for days and ALL the fruit was completely frozen.

We tried sorting out the issue with Bloomex, but the company has proved to be very unhelpful. They told us a simple email and picture would be enough for them to send us a new basket.

I still haven't heard from the company nor have we received a new basket.

I even filed a complaint with the BBB, but apparently Bloomex chooses to to deal with that company.

DO NOT BUY FROM BLOOMEX.

Tracey Apr 02, 2008

Why is this company still in business? What can we do to stop this company from fasle advertisement? What can we do to help other people beware that this is a use at your own risk company?

any suggestions?

• Ge
    Gerlinde Schorle Jun 14, 2008

Never buy from bloomex.ca. Received dead flowers three days after birthday. Our daughter in England paid 45 $ CAD for dead flowers.
    Complaints receive no answer and they say you have to send a photo in order to possibly get another bouquet of flowers. Does anybody wants to receive another bouquet weeeks after his birthday ?
    This is a rip off company - Beware

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices