C&A Poolspool replastering warranty refusal

V Jul 11, 2019

I had our pool re-plastered in July of 2018 (last year) and immediately observed the plaster problem on reopening in May 2019 (this year). There was grayish discoloration and grittiness/etching of the plaster surface in several areas. Also, the pool vacuum and Dolphin Matronix robot picked up a significant amount of a fine, sandy-like white substance, the initial quantity of which actually clogged the pool pump intake basket.
My research, as well as my carefully taken and documented water maintenance records, leads me to believe that I am observing a material or workmanship defect such as mottling rather than a water balance issue resulting in calcium scaling, etc. As of this writing, C&A Pools, John and Karin Church, is not only refusing to honor the warranty for defective materials and/or workmanship, but is actually proposing an offer to charge me for a acid wash, which, in fact, according to consultants and available studies will make matters worse.
It appears that C&A Pools has a track record of providing substandard services using slipshod seasonal workers and failing to standby it's work. That may or may not be a general industry problem in the pool business, but C&A is a prime example who not to do business with.
At this point, I really want my money back from last year's re-plaster so I can contract for a new re-plaster with another firm that would use proper industry standards and procedures for the job such as those detailed by Kim Skinner of onBalance.
Anyone interested in providing additional information and/or joining my effort to hold C&A accountable, please contact me.

More C&A Pools Complaints & Reviews