C & R LOAN MODIFICATIONSCAM

H Review updated:

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS COMPANY'S SCAM!!! THEY WILL NOT HELP YOU!!! This company has two ways of stealing your money! They will either claim that they are putting you in a debt settlement program that will reduce your debt or try to get you to do a loan modification through them! The loan modification is the biggest scam! $1495.00 minimum! They do not even have licenses! Trust me! I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE!!! I know that you may really be in need but all they will do is make things worse! Believe me or learn the hrard way! Stay away from CNR Loan Modification and First choice Debt resoloution group

• B
      Sep 12, 2009

Who is this? you write a complaint, but dont put your name...hmmn seems you are making false accusations toward this company. Put your name and give them a chance to respond to see if you were even a client of theirs...

• U
      Sep 16, 2009

I hired C & R loan modification so I would not have to deal with my lender I did not want to wait on hold hours at a time. So I hired c & r loan modification and This company treats you worst than your lender. I left messages for Amanda to call me back. She gets somebody else to call you back or email you. My financails change and I can't even tell the processor. Now who knows if I will be able to afford the payment that the lender gives me. I think this girl Amanda has know ideal of what she is doing. Thanks alot Amanda for nothing and I have a sales date on my home now. I could of done a better job dealing with my lender on my own and save alot of money. FROM JEAN PIERRE and I am putting in my name and this is the respond I got.

The owner of C & R Loan modification called me and was very mad at me because I put in a complait with the BBB. I guess he doen't want a bad name so he can rip off more people and take more upfront fees. He was very disrespectfull on the the phone and hung up on me. This is not the right way to resolve a problem with a client. I still have not receive a call from Amanda. She has know idea of what she is doing anyway and I have not receive a full refund nether. THIS COMPANY IS BAD NEWS. from Jean Pierre

• K
      Sep 19, 2009

C and R Loan Modification they took my money. They where unsuccessful in getting a loan modification for my home. And I spoke directly with the owner Christopher M. It's been 7 months and still have not recieved a refund which clearly states that if they where unsuccessful money is given back guaranteed. It hard to get someone to answer the phone or even return one. I dealt with following people: Amanda, Tina, Christopher, and Paul they are all liars. I also contacted the Attorney General office of Florida which they are unable to assist on a individual claim (meaning they need more people to complain despite this company violated Florida laws). I believe companies like this with banks and state and government officials are all in they game of taking money from US citizens. I am convince as hard working US tax paying citizens that it's time for Real Americans to wake up and put a stop to this BS.

Leaving one's personal information is an option and do not make them liar as stated in the above complaint. I thought this company was legit via Better Business Bureau that is why I went with this company. Below is my response e-mail from the Attorney General Office.

Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum received your email regarding your
    concerns with C & R Loan Modification. Attorney General McCollum asked
    that I respond on his behalf.

Our office reviews complaints to develop information about patterns of
    questionable business activities. I am forwarding your correspondence to
    the Attorney General's Mortgage Fraud Task Force for review. Please note
    our office does not mediate individual consumer complaints. Florida law
    precludes our office from providing legal advice or opinions to private
    individuals.

Section 501.1377, Florida Statutes, specifically addresses foreclosure
    rescue businesses and potentially abusive business practices. The law
    prohibits businesses or individuals from collecting up-front fees from
    homeowners prior completing all services contained in the contract.
    Please visit Attorney General McCollum's mortgage fraud website for more
    information including an overview of section 501.1377:

Section 501.1377, Florida Statutes, and the Florida Statutes in entirety
    are available in a searchable database online at:

>2008->Ch0501->Section%201377#0501.1377

The following websites provide information on foreclosure issues and
    helpful tips on how to work with your mortgage company if your loan is
    currently in default:

Additionally, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
    funds free or low cost housing counseling nationwide. HUD can help you
    organize your finances and represent you in negotiations with your lender.
    You may contact HUD toll-free at [protected] to find a HUD-approved
    housing counselor near you. HUD's website is:

The U.S. Department of the Treasury also developed a website for consumers
    to check their eligibility for affordable refinancing or modifications.
    The website is: www.makinghomeaffordable.gov.

You may also wish to consult a private attorney for any legal help you
    need. The Florida Bar offers a Lawyer Referral Service toll-free at (800)
    342-8060. If you cannot afford an attorney, you may be eligible for low
    cost or pro bono assistance through a local legal aid office. The Florida
    Bar can assist you with this process. The Florida Bar's website is:

www.floridabar.org

We will retain your information in our consumer files. Thank you for
    taking the time to share your concerns with Attorney General McCollum's
    Office. I hope this information proves helpful to you.

Sincerely,
    Samantha Santana
    Office of Citizen Services

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL. THIS ADDRESS IS FOR PROCESSING ONLY.

To contact this office please visit the Attorney General's website at
    www.myfloridalegal.com and complete the on-line contact form. Again,
    thank you for contacting the Office of the Florida Attorney General.
    ________________________________________________________________________
    INTERNET MESSAGE RECEIVED BY THE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE ON 09/10/2009

• A
      Oct 26, 2009

I hired C and R loan modification in February of 2009 was tolkd not to make any more payments on my mortgage that I had to be 3 momnths late before they could assist me. Like a dummy I listened to them paid them their fees and still no loan modification---still waiting and my house was geting ready to be foreclosed on. I am a single mom with 2 little kids and put my trust in these scam artists.
    I now am unable to reach them via phone--no longer in service and no forwarding telephone number and their website is down.
    It is a shame that the President put into place a way for people struggling to keep their homes and now I may end up loosing the only home my kids and I have.
    Thanks for ripping me off C&R. You took my monmey and others how does the owner and his employees sleep at night? They sleep well because they are scam artists. If anyone knows how to get their money back I would love to know. Email address [protected]@yahoo.com

Angie Smith