C Matthews and Sons Builders LLCRipped off after Tornado

S

The first big problem was that he took a $20, 000 payment up front for my custom doors. They came in 4 weeks late and I paid him $5, 000 to install them. However, they were the wrong size and material. Some of them were as much as 10 inches too narrow as well as being too tall. They were supposed to be wood frame and were fiberglass. Cliff did arrange to have his supplier take back the doors, however while the vendor told me they credited him within 3 business days for the doors, he never returned our $20, 000. After over a month of trying to get him to price the correct doors and order them and not getting anywhere, I had to order them myself. Not only did he never return my $20, 000, he didn't return the $5000 for installation. He never returned to even install the doors I paid for (a second time) when they came in, so he kept $25, 0000 for which he provided no materials or labor. The supplier also couldn't take back the doors without a lift to remove them from my back porch as they weigh 700lbs and Cliff didnt provide that either, I had to pay over $1, 000 for the lift.

There were also numerous other problems with work that was done incorrectly or not done at all for which he had collected another $20, 000+. I had to pay other contractors for this work, so I am out nearly $50, 000. I also was told by the roofing company 4 months after they did their work that he never paid them even though I paid him over $15, 000 for that as well, putting me at risk for a lien.