Sort by: Date | Popularity

Smart Lids Complaints & Reviews

Smart Lids / Rip off

After seeing Chef Tonys' add on TV, I went to the website to order these 4 lids (as a free gift an additional 4 were to be sent PLUS a bonus super lid). When I got to the page where shipping is shown, I stopped and did not submit the order. In most legitimate sites, you are given a chance to stop the order once you find out the shipping charges. Two weeks later, the order showed up at my door (without the super large 'bonus' lid), and with a shipping charge of $15.90. When I called the company to let them know that I had canceled the order, I was told that as soon as you hit the...

Smart Lids - New York, Tarrytown / Overcharge

I paid $20.00 for two sets of smart lids but the shipping and handling was $47.70 and because I didn't notify them that I was returning them they said that they could only give me a $20 credit, which they did. My point was that they probably didn't weight over 5 or 6 oz - they were plastic rings with a stretching plastic over them. If they would have been reasonable about the s & h charges I could have handled this, but I find this ridiculous. There is probably nothing you can do, but I have never disputed a charge in my life, but I don't like this one. Thanks, Christine Heldreth.