Sort by: Date | Popularity

Seagate Complaints & Reviews

Seagate / repaired instead of new

Ma
Jan 14, 2014

I submit my 'expansion portable drive'500gb for replacement.my id was no.LA13005017.But I received another repaired device (p/n 9scan1-500, s/n 2ghf2s5x).this is cheating with me you are supposed to give me new device. moreover I lost my valueble data with my old device. now you are suppose to arrange me a brand new device otherwise I will go to consumer forum/court.

Seagate / Don't bother ordering from them

Sa
Nov 1, 2011

This company advertises specials and then doesn't deliver on them, even when you have a confirmed order. They claimed the item was out of stock. They must have a very poor inventory control system or their order system isn't tied in with their inventory control system on a realtime basis. Or maybe they operate with a bait-and-switch strategy. Pretty lame for a company with a stature like Seagate. All they offered as compensation was a 10%-off code. Don't bother ordering from Seagate's online store. And better yet, just wait for solid state disk to mature a little more instead of buying rotational disk with moving parts.

Seagate / Problem in New Seagate 500 gb Hard drive

Ha

I am Harmanpreet Singh From Amritsar, Punjab. I replaced my seagate hard drive from ur amritsar service center before 1 month. after getting my hard drive bach i create its partition and paste my data which i was saved before replacing hard drive. everything was fine but on yesterday when i tries to open the drive the drive not opened . then i restart my system but the problem is still. As i am hardware engineer i called seagate and they said me u check ur hard disk with DOS sea tools. I tried it but the short and long tests doesn't repair my hard drive. And then i called Mr. Baldev head...

Seagate / Bad hard disk

Ch

I had bought a 80 gb hard drive on 03 / 08 / 2010 for worth rs 1900. Now after just a few months i am not able to boot up my system. After showing the system to a support engineer, it came to know that hard drive was bad. Seagate hard drive comes with 5 yrs of warranty still my hard disk is not replaced and i was asked to log a complaint. Serial number: 6ps3xq3q Part number :9cc111s302 Complain number: pitsgt10001162 Till now there is no response for my complain. This is the worst support from the seagate side.

Seagate / POOR QUALIY OF PRODUCT

Ro

Respected Sir/Madam My bad days started since I bought Seagate Hard Disk of 500GB.It developed problem within 05 days with not responding to operating system and slowing down, then showing DISK BOOT FAILURE.Then started showing NO HARD DISK WAS FOUND. Then I submitted it for replacement under Call ID SGTDEL090033247DW. This replacement brought me more pain and above said problem existed yet. Now I doubted my system, so I got it checked by ACCEL FRONT LINE SERVICE and was found OK. THE problem was with Hard Disk only so I submitted it second time under Call ID SGTDEL090037768DW. This replacement realy...

Seagate - California, Scotts Valley / Warranty Scam

Vh

I purchased a portable FREE AGENT GO drive and within a year the USB port broke. I contacted Seagate to find out if there were any options and discovered that it was still under the warranty. I followed the instructions and carefully packaged the item attempting to comply with the RMA requirements. I checked their website to view the status of my order but the website was not updated. On May 12th or 13th I called and was told that the drive should be sent out within 72 hours. I called back and spoke with Stephanie who informed me that the drive did not have the label on the back of the drive...

Seagate / Bad service

Ti

Seagate - California, Scotts Valley / Warranty Process Nightmare

Sc

Way back in March my customer reported that their FreeAgent Pro drive was no longer functioning. I picked up the drive and immediately noticed the USB port on the USB/eSATA module had fallen down inside the device. I told my customer "no big deal - I'm sure Seagate will replace the module and have you back up and running in no time". I was wrong. I opened the first support ticket on March 11, 2008. Nearly an entire month went by without a response to the ticket, despite my updating it asking what was going on. Finally on April 7th "Justin" replies asking a question he could have answered...

Seagate - Texas, McAllen / External hard drive

Va

I bought external hard drive at xmas for my son that broke within 2 days bought another one with extended warranty from WaLMART. After 3 months the cord fell inside the drive called Walmart they said send it to Seagate, mailed that in got an email today saying no receipt so I called now the seal is broken was not when I sent it. and they are sending it back unrepaired (RMA # 1000838814). All I got was a bunch of excuses from them now Walmart will not cover it either so I MIGHT AS WELL BURNED THE $170.00 i SPENT.

Seagate / Worst company to deal with

Va

I sent the faulty drive and there was no one to accept it, with useless talk with seagate, its getting very frustrated, CS emailing me with no definite answers, I already have contacted BBB and filing a complaint with State's Attorney general. This is highway robbery.

Seagate - Western Australia, Perth Metro Area / Unable to register

Ti

After contacting your on line support i found this most unhelpfull while trying to register my new product it comes up invalid product and serial number even though i am copying off the box also your backup utility asked for an update then asked for a product code that i could not find so now i am stuck on a trial i will be reporting this to ministry of fair trading as this all seems very misleading and i am now sorry i brought a seagate drive and will contact dick smiths to see if i can get a refund and buy another brand that isnt so misleading your customer support agent donnie was most unhelpfull and sarcastic.