Sort by: Date | Popularity

Roopa Agarwal Complaints & Reviews

Roopa Agarwal / unethical behaviour — seeking sexual favors

Go
Jul 28, 2018

I met lawyer Roopa Agarwal on 4th November 2016 at her office in B-105, Diwani Nyayalya, Lucknow. I paid her Rs 25, 000 as the first installment, out of a total of Rs 55, 000 for the full case. After the second hearing on April 3, 2018, she called me to her chamber. When I went there she asked for a sexual favor. I was aghast and dumbfounded. I told her that I am only 23, and she seems to be well over 45. At least this age difference should have prevented her from making this unreasonable request. She said it was precisely because I was so young that she was asking me for this favor. I refused. She did not attend the third hearing. Gopal Mathur, Lucknow

Roopa Agarwal / unethical behaviour — charging money both from client and opponent

Su
Jul 26, 2018

May I use this forum to make a complaint against Roopa Agarwal, Lucknow-based lawyer with her office at B-105, Diwani Courts, Lucknow. I had marital problems with my husband and we started living separately. I approached Roopa Agarwal on September 23, 2017 at her office seeking legal help in getting monthly monetary support from my husband. She charged me Rs 75, 000 for the whole case. However, I could sense that she showed least interest in pursuing the case. It so transpired that after six months of persistent efforts of my family members and my husband's family members, my husband and I...

Roopa Agarwal / fraudulent charging, and services not given after charging fees

Vi
Jul 21, 2018

I have a complaint against Roopa Agarwal, a Lucknow-based lawyer with her office at B-105, Diwani Nyayalaya, Lucknow. On 3rd April 2017 I approached her to represent me in a case pertaining to women harassment at work. Roopa claims her speciality is in fighting such cases. She charged me Rs 5100 as vakalatnama charges, over and above Rs 71, 000 for fighting the whole case. I found that she was never attending my case but sending a very junior lawyer who could hardly speak in the court. I protested and asked her to attend the case herself. She rudely replied that I need not teach her. We had...