National Reader Service Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

National Reader Service - Nebraska, Columbus / stubborness in refusal to cancel my order

Ju
I have written to this Complaints Board before, regarding a magazine subscription order that I have been trying to cancel since April. National Reader Service has refused to cancel my subscription for a list of magazines I decided I do not want to receiver or pay for. I even have had my credit card cancelled, in order to keep them from charging me. I called the toll free number late last month, and again at the beginning of this month of June, to tell them I had done these things, and was told it actually had been cancelled. Then I received another letter from them, thanking me for my order...

National Reader Service - Nebraska, Columbus / Inability to cancel subscriptions

Ju
I received a call from a representative of National Reader Service, claiming they put me on their sweepstakes list, and promised me a $500 gas card, if I signed up for a subscription plan to receive magazines for the next 4 years. I never received the gas card, and when I asked about it on the phone, the man told me I would still get it. I was told originally that I would have it sent to me in a matter of 3-5 business days. I first signed up for this, but then had serious second thoughts about the plan and decided to cancel. I called the toll free number I was given by the original...

National Reader Service - Pennsylvania / SCAM

I received an anonymous phone call telling me about this wonderful deal - I would get 5 magazines a month for 1 year, and it would only cost me $60.00. I realized that I didn't have enough money in my credit card account to complete the transaction at the time so I tried to call back to cancel my account. They're business was a scam! -they had no website or phone number I could reach them at. So when they called a month later telling me I owed them money I said I wanted to cancel my account with them and not receive any more magazines -they said I now owed the business $958.00...

National Reader Service - Kansas / fed up

i got a telephone call about two years ago from a solicitor trying to sell me some subscriptions to magazines. This guy wasn't going to take no for an answer. To make a long story short, two years later I owe the company $1700. I've moved and the magazines weren't even forwarded to my new address. Whenever I call them and ask how many payments I have left, it's always 30. It's a damn shame people like that are allowed to do that.

National Reader Service - South Dakota, Rapid City / phone calls

I have received calls informing me I've been entered or have won a prize in the sweepstakes and when I tell the phone rep "no thank you" I get hung up on. No thank you for your time or any reply, just a disconnect. I have been in customer service for over 20 years and this is not how it should be handled! When I get that type of service (non-service) it only causes me to say no for future offers and I let other people know how I was treated.
Contact Us