Sort by: Date | Popularity

My Handyman Complaints & Reviews

My Handyman - New Hampshire, Exeter / total ripoff

Kn

MY HANDYMAN IS A CONSUMER'S NIGHTMARE SCAM!!! Thought I was getting skilled craftsmen with at least 15 years experience to re-do my bath--got an inept kid who trashed the bathroom and did about 3 hours of crappy, unskilled work. My Handyman then illegally charged my credit card over $1, 400 without authorization. To fight this illegal charge, I must now actually hiring ANOTHER COMPANY to fix the work and write letters about this scam company (as if that's even possible). Fraud is alive and well and supported by your credit card companies--NEVER, EVER give a company like this a single penny in any way, shape or form (and hide your wallet because all they have to do is write down your credit card number).

My Handyman - New Hampshire, Hampton / Home Improvement Scam

Kn

Hired “My Handyman” to install a modular shower enclosure (already bought) at a vacant cottage. Owner Tina Gleisner told me 3 hours at $84/hr unless they had problems & I authorized more. No mention of “trip fees” or other add-ons. For this double-market rate hourly fee, they were to provide 2 skilled craftsmen with a minimum of 15 years experience each (on franchise website). Only one inexperienced, unskilled young man showed up. When I met the guy to pay, I walked into a disaster. The job was not finished (no trim or showerhead), done wrong (the drain leaks into the...