Sort by: Date | Popularity

Merlin Money Complaints & Reviews

Merlin Money / Liars and thieves

Je
Aug 23, 2011

I was looking for a loan, and Merlin Money offered me a loan which I could afford - or so I thought. All I had to do was pay £39.50 and they would provide me with this loan - they are liars. The loan they give you an illustraion of does not exist. I have been e-mailing them hourly for a refund and I only have a response since I threatened to get the ombudsman involved. Do not trust this company, they will take your money for nothing.

Merlin Money / refund / loan

Ka
Aug 05, 2011

i applyd for a loan with these they didnt warn me that money would be took out of my account and they took £ 39.50..!! i emailed them as they had no phone number and i have had no reply it wont let me remove my account and had no reply..!! i wanted my money bk and got left skint..!! ###..!!

Merlin Money / Refund

Em
Jul 31, 2011

I too have had problems with Merlin Money. I paid the fee after being informed i would be offered a loan based on what i was looking for. All i was offered was log book loans, guarantor loans an a credit card!! They did not provide me with any solutions that i could not have found myself online and i have been trying to get a refund ever since. I have emailed (as there is conveniently no tel number!) and whilst i have had a response promising me a refund within 5 working days, that was almost 3 weeks ago and still no refund. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!

Merlin Money - England, Tyne and Wear / money took out of bank and got NO loan

Br
Jul 25, 2011

i wanted a loan with merlin money they took 29.75 out of my bank and i didnt get a loan or anything I WANT MY MONEY BACK YOU RIPPING ### !!!

Merlin Money / Praying on the vulnerable

Sb
Jul 23, 2011

I found myself in a particularly tight financial spot and, due to a below average credit score, strted applying to the 'lower end of the market' lenders. Whilst on my net travels, I stumbled, (and I mean stumbled), across the Merlin Money site. I filled in the details, (as I had with previous lending organisations), and also included my bank card details, (which also wasn't surprising as many of the more short term lenders ask for this). I was gutted when I received an email advising that Merlin Money were taking £29.50 from my account to offer me advice services... I...