Sort by: Date | Popularity

HCCUA Complaints & Reviews

HCCUA / non payment of claims

Ma
May 5, 2011

My doctor's billing clerk submitted 3 claims for $205.00, 1/26/09, $133.00, 7/9/10 and $205.00, 8/20/10, 3 times and has not received a response from HCCUA as of today. My doctor wants to put these bills in my hands which I cannot afford. I had to cancel my Health insurance policy due to lack of finances. I had to file bankruptcy last year. I have codes if you need them. PLEASE contact me either by phone or e-mail as soon as possible. Thank you.

HCCUA / Refund Complaint

Tb

Yes. I have been a member for only 2 months. Unexpected circumstances came up ($4, 000.00), that we had to come up with. Being Self employed, riight now is very unreliable. Anyway, I got an extention on my payment until Nov. 30, 2009. I called that morning, to cancel only to find out that the premium had already been sent to my bank for collection. The MONEY IS NOT IN THERE...I called 6 times on Monday Nov. 30, 2009, to try and get some answers...to NO avail.. I repeatedly asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told THEY were not available. And, that I would be called back with an answer...NO...

HCCUA - Texas, Grapevine / medical claims

Ja

Over the last year, I have had a lot of trouble getting this insurance company to pay anything on my medical claims. I know that this is not a major medical insurance, but I pay $244 a month. It did not pay one cent on the emergency visit had in April. According to the contract, it was supposed to pay some. The insurance is now not paying anything on routine test at the doctor's office, it is not paying any on the doctor's co-pay. I cannot afford a major medical, but it seems that this insurance should at least pay 20%. Something needs to be done about this company.

HCCUA - Louisiana, Noble / misrepresentation of policy

Ka

Hccua is a total rip-off. I feel that the policy was misrepresented from the beginning. I have made several calls about the failure to pay certain claims and they always have some excuse. One example was over a flu shot that was not paid for. Preventative claims were suppose to be paid. The lady told me that it was the doctors fault because it was not submitted to the company as a preventative claim. Why did they think I took a flu shot---trying to get the FLU I guess. Anyone who reads this and has this insurance please do yourself a favor and cancel immediatley.