Sort by: Date | Popularity

Geeks by the Minute Complaints & Reviews

Geeks by the Minute / Unrequested charges

Mr

On 11/18/2009, I could not get my Quicken software program to download the information from my Fifth Third bank account. I tried several times using either of 2 passwords. I finally called the Quicken telephone support number and somehow I got transferred to this Geeks By The Minute. I was connected to a Danielle Rogers and I explained what was not working. She asked me if she could access my computer. She said if we got disconnected, to call 877-783-2475, and tell whoever answered that we were working on issue I.D. #163128. When she accessed my computer, she said that my Avast firewall wa...

Geeks by the Minute - Virginia / overcharge w/o fixing problem

De

While trying to solve a computer problem for me, Geeks by the Minutes billed me for at least 20 minutes of time during which I was waiting for a computer process to be completed (downloading). I was charged for 1 hour and 10 minutes and the problem was not fixed. I wrongly assumed that I would not be charge for down-load time, also wrongly assumed that "Geeks" was a trademark name but apparently anyone who thinks they can fix a computer can call themselves a "geek." My telephone complaint was answered rudely. My attempt to cancel payment was denied. Beware!